bigdogbovy
18 years ago
What do you guys think is the best way to be able to tryout a lot of cigars. I've been into cigars for quite a while now but like most I stick to what I know. Of course I try different stuff from time to time at my local. So what do you like?

Samplers? Sometimes what you want isn't available or they throw a couple of ones in there you don't like

Trades? I've completed one went first. Threw in quality extra. Got shorted on the return by a few sticks. And really he was just getting rid of some so so cigars. I didn't mind I was getting rid of the box of limitadas 06. Which were not my taste. Tried to get some others going but felt like I was at a pawn shop. Your stuff is **** and what I have is pure gold.

Fiver/boxes. Draw back? You get a bunch of one type you may not like.

So all have draw backs and advantages. What's your perfrence and why?

Legend
tank71663
18 years ago

I usually go for the samplers...if there is something in them I already know I dont care for they usually end up going to a buddy that likes em'...

I try "singles" if I really want to try something AND they're being offered in the "singles" area..

Otherwise I try to find em' at my locals, buy a few and if I like em' then I'll buy in bulk on CBID...

Tank
daveincincy
18 years ago
** pulled by moderator (enough is enough)
Goathead50
18 years ago
** pulled by moderator (enough is enough)
topper7788
18 years ago
** pulled by moderator (enough is enough)
DrafterX
18 years ago
Ok. Let's refrain from bashing one another, please.
jpotts
18 years ago
tapout_24:

Samplers are a good way to try lots of different cigars. That's where most of the FOGs direct newbies when they first get into cigars.

Trading comes in pretty handy so that you can "rid" yourself of the cigars that you don't like, pass them on to someone who will appreciate them, and exchange them with cigars that you probably haven't tried or enjoy. Lots of people here bid on stuff they've liked in the past, only to find that their tastes have changed.

And once you've established yourself with friends (of a sort) around here, they'll often have something you don't. Typically, when I get new or relatively unknown stuff in, I'll send it out on bombs so that others can try it. If you've established a good reputation amongst the trading network, people will often send you something if you ask.

However, because you've p*ssed off a lot of people here with some of your posts - namely with your subtle attempts to trash CigarBid and they cigars they provide - my thoughts are that your trading connections around here are gonna be mighty thin. And I can honestly say that a lot of the more generous supporters of CBID might think more than twice about dealing with you.

So, I think samplers and/or fivers might be your best route at this point.

By the way, this isn't me just backhanding you for sport, this is a serious assessment. Take it for what it is.
PecanPi1
18 years ago
I used to have a good backhand.
SteveR@CigarBid
18 years ago
Guys, I am getting very tired of reading these immature posts. It's pathetic and uncalled for. You're lowering the quality of the forum a great deal.
DrafterX
18 years ago
ya want me to smack them around a little bit Steve?
victor808
18 years ago
Hey guys,

What do you think is the best way to try different cigars?

To get a pack of 5 different cigars?
Or to get a pack of 5 cigars of the same type.


I just can't decide....

SteveR@CigarBid
18 years ago
I am being serious. From veterans to new users, people just need to grow up. The level of maturity never ceases to amaze me. But then, it just turns to finger-pointing. He said she said...AHHHHHH!!!!
JHC
  • JHC
  • Herf-A-Holic
18 years ago
The best way is to go to cigarfest and come out with a dufflebag full of all different smokes from all of the main manufacturers
apochee
18 years ago
Pulled by me. I miss all the good stuff.
rasdas
18 years ago
I think a combination of both methods is really what allows for the best posibility of trying the most 'gars....

The other great option is splitting (5-packs, boxes, etc)...

One mans junk is another mans gold...so if you dont like a couple, trade them off, donate them to the soldiers, or pick out a deserving BOTL and send them their way...

RasDas
dunkaroos
18 years ago
It is refreshing to see a post that does not revolve around B&M's and internet cigars. Life is too short to hold a grudge on an internet cigar forum.

That said, I like fivers and samplers. I find that if I like one cigar from a certain manufacturer or line of cigars, I'll usually like a few more. Take RP for example. My first RP was the vintage 90 a couple years ago. Now I tend to like or at least try everything he comes out with. I have not bought a box of cigars in quite some time. I have mostly singles and fivers.
DaQueenBeez
18 years ago
Tapout-
Personally, I'd recommend the mixed samplers. If ther's something in the pack that you know doesn't suit you, you can donate it, trade it, share it with a friend, or put it away and try it again later. Your palate may change, your mood may change, or the cigar may change with age.

Tammy
MrsSledn
18 years ago
I say the mixed samplers as well. You can always go and buy a 5 pack later on if you find one ya like.

And guys, give SteveR a break!
nine999
18 years ago


"Your stuff is **** and what I have is pure gold."


gee, i'll trade with you!



nine
dunkaroos
18 years ago
Tapout,

Was that meant to mean that's how you felt when trading? The reaction you get from the other person was

"Your stuff is **** and what I have is pure gold."



Or is this how you feel about your cigars?

Users browsing this topic