dbguru
22 years ago
My g*d guys... Kerry's posting his military stuff on the internet...

Bush would never consider that level of disclosure...
His government is more secretive than the Nazis.

As far as the comments by the Lt. Col. minimizing the wound..... Doesn't that seem to you to be politically motivated. It's pretty obvious to me. It's not a fact even though its in CNN. Its an assertion based on a politically biased opinion. Did you personally inspect the wound back in Vietnam?? The mere fact that this Lt. Col. makes an issue in my opinion is a direct assult on the integrity of the Purple Heart. If you have any respect for the military .... you should absolutely be ashamed to give any respect to such an opinion.

Typical of you neo-cons trying to pass such things like that as facts...
Sylance
22 years ago
dbguru,

You're a pretty angry individual aren't you?

Question: Do you believe that Clarke's book was politically motivated?
dbguru
22 years ago
Instead of addressing my comments... you call me angry??
Its a pattern... Avoid the issue, attack the person...
Sy.. I'm not angry at you.. I'm not an angry person. I feel more like a parent trying to wake sleepy kids up from a heavily induced slumber. WAKE UP!!!!!

But perhaps if some of us here could break away from marching in lock step with the name calling false assertion filled neo-con propaganda and begin intelligently put established facts together with open minded perspective instead of engaging in name calling and personal attacks, heck... you might qualify as a Democrat. And you'd begin to unstand why the anger exists rather than just labeling and diminishing a person as angry.
dbguru
22 years ago
unstand = understand sorry about my spelling
Robby
22 years ago
db, do you feel that John Kerry is the best man to run the country? Do you have no problems with him? I have problems with Bush but will vote for him. You can't simply dismiss all of John F'in Kerry's waffling and out right BS. He has serious issues. He will raise taxes, he will turn over control of our military to the UN. Bush is imperfect, but this guy is a bafoon.
Robby
22 years ago
Oh yeah, and why are you so angry?
Sylance
22 years ago
dbguru,

Let’s not get into a pissing contest here, but everything you just said above could be said about you as well. I feel the same away about the lefties that you do us “Neo Cons.” You stated that I ignored the issue but you didn’t answer my question about Clarke’s book. Does that mean you’re not addressing my comments? At least Lt. Cmdr. Grant Hibbard isn’t trying to sell a book right now.

As for Kerry and his military record... everyone complained when Bush couldn’t find all his service records but Kerry can’t find anything about one of his Purple Hearts.

___________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/21/kerry.records.ap/index.html 

“The campaign could not locate a similar report for Kerry's original Purple Heart.”
____________________________________________________________________________________
Let’s start over here, dbguru… ask me as question and I’ll answer it and then ask you one. Let’s see who can debate as an adult without name calling.
Robby
22 years ago
db's a poo poo head!
JonR
22 years ago
Yo Db: You settle down now, no more name calling are people will think you are trying to emulate john "F" ( when I make peepee it hurts do i get a medal )kerry or teddy ( she said she wanted to wait in the car while I got help ) kennedy.
AJ_CHICAGO
22 years ago
It's very clear where the "poo poo" lies and it is not with db. As db said, to make a simple point, Kerry's record from Viet Nam is published. Where is Bush's? Why are pay records missing? Why did it take an "act of congress" to get what has been found? Why can't George W. answer his service questions himself? Why can't George W. answer to the 911 commission himself? Why does George W. always have someone else do his talking for him? None of these questions can be answered by any of you. You can only ignore and blow smoke. You can only do that so long before you really start to look foolish. Kerry should never have said anything about foreign leaders (dignitaries?) favoring him, although I have no doubt that he has dined and spoken with many. Half the time they will tell you what you want to hear anyway, if they think it might bring favor and you might be elected. They probably told George W. the same thing about him, but no one told Bushie to talk about it, so he didn't.
pabloescabar
22 years ago
hey , the point is that the waffle head Kerry did not answer one of the questions that was asked of him instead made up some poopoo to say than that was good enough. that was truly embrasing if your a democrap.

He should have been grilled, that than would have speeded up his demize...
Robby
22 years ago
Bush's full records were disclosed including his medical and dental records, pay info, everything. Kerry said he would disclose everything and then didn't and now appears to be doing so after a lengthy delay (stop me when I start lying AJ). So again, the classic waffle "I voted for the 87 million before I voted against it..."

Do you have pay records from the 70s? I don't. Do you think the pentagon deletes or modifies this sort of thing on request? Isn't that a slap at our military and not the president? I know the left loathes our military…

Bush IS the president, why does he have to stand up and answer your stupid ass questions about his National Guard service in the 70s? What kind of idiotic request is that? Did you ever consider that he IS the president of the United States and maybe, just maybe? He has one or two things on his plate? Sorry if he doesn't take the time to stop by your place for dinner and sign something in blood that still wouldn’t make a damn bit of difference in your opinion anyway. The bottom line is, you hate him, you're not going to vote for him, and you're looking for excuses to justify your rationalizations.

You may not have a detailed knowledge of how Government works. There are issues of separation of power and responsibility put in place by the framers of our constitution. The President doesn't need to testify before the 9/11 commission, but if he does, it will go a long way toward making them look even more like the hapless bunch of political hacks they are. That charade is the biggest farce every foisted on the American people and it's disgusting because it dishonors all those who died that day.

You may have no doubt that Kerry has dined with and spoken to many foreign leaders "in the time frame he says he did", even though there is nothing to substantiate that bogus claim. Just like I have no doubt that Hillary "spoke with" former dead first ladies in the white house... What a kook…
THL
  • THL
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Damn Robby! Well said! What's your last name? I want to write you in on my ballot.
Cavallo
22 years ago
funny, but the boston globe talks about another man as being kerry's commanding officer.

no, i'm not pro-kerry. but i don't like rumors to go on if i have other info about it. that goes for kerry OR bush or anyone else.

anyway, you can read the whole scoop about all of kerry's purple hearts on snopes here:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/service.asp 

it wasn't a little "fingernail scratch" injury -- it was a piece of hot, flying shrapnel. and it wasn't an uncommon injury.

"There were an awful lot of Purple Hearts — from shrapnel, some of those might have been M-40 grenades," said George Elliott, Kerry's commanding officer. "The Purple Hearts were coming down in boxes. Kerry, he had three Purple Hearts. None of them took him off duty. Not to belittle it, that was more the rule than the exception."

he was wounded the first time when he volunteered for a special mission. in a fire fight, his M-16 jammed, and when he reached for another, "a stinging piece of heat socked into my arm and just seemed to burn like hell."

he was back on duty the next day, his service uninterrupted. the globe reports that the injury, however, caused him "pain for years afterwards."
Cavallo
22 years ago
oh, and for the record, i think that it's ridiculous for EITHER candidate to be grilled about their military records from the 70's. i thought it was important, but really, what's it show?

NO ONE is the same now that they were 30 years back. mistakes made that long ago and especially in their relative youth have damned little to say about the men they are now -- either pro or con.
Robby
22 years ago
Another quote from the same article "Kerry declined a request from the Globe to sign a waiver authorizing the release of military documents that are covered under the Privacy Act and that might shed more light on the extent of the treatment Kerry needed as a result of the wounds."

I wonder why? What is he hiding?? Also, I heard on the news this AM that one of his wounds was "IN THE BUTTOCKS SIR!" Didn't see mention of that on Snopes... I wonder why?
Sylance
22 years ago
I think you all know I’m a Bush supporter, but I agree with Cavallo that questioning either candidate for their 30 year old military status is silly. But what I find even sillier is the hypocrisy of the media.

Anyway, I agree that questioning actions from 30 years ago is silly, but what about the last 5-10 years? What has Kerry done to prove himself a leader? Remember, the President is a leader… he does what he feels is right, he should not just follow the latest popularity polls. When you follow popularity polls you’re destined to waffle because the American will can change within a week.
dbguru
22 years ago
Neo Con = New Conservative not a traditional conservative in the sense of Richard Nixon, Barry Goldwater, etc...
Neo Con = A conservative with a religious social agenda.

This is as much of a name as you referring to me as a Liberal. And since the right has made every effort to demonize the word Liberal and make crass generalizations about Liberals, it is absolutely fair game for the same to be done about Bush supporting Neo Cons.... Especially those who make it an art form (as in Neo-con Artist)

DB

I will stop using the name "Neo con" when all pundits on the right stop demonizing the name Liberal and those who are liberals and treat the word "liberal" with some respect.

DrMaddVibe
22 years ago
When liberals can act with decency and not looking for government handouts to Save The Air or whatever bs their sandal wearing bean sprout eating double talking then, and only then will they get one iota of respect from me.

Every one of their agendas to protect the environment, human rights or anything they rant on about is so anti-USA that they should just move to Holland or Switzerland.

While I'm at it...how do you conserve new?
dbguru
22 years ago
This is getting funny

Policy on Government Handouts under Clinton - Welfare reform

Policy on Government handouts under Bush - Corporate welfare like padded contracts to Haliburton, Bechtel and subsidiaries, Medicare reform resulting in major handouts to drug companies and HMOs, etc. etc.......I don't think too many fiscally conservative folks which including most Democrats support this. Note Fiscal conservative does not equal mindless neo-conservative Bush supporter. They are mutually exclusive. The fiscal conservative cares about out future from a financial perspective. The neo con is all about rich getting richer and stealing from our future to the benefit of the richest 0.5% of the country.

I don't look for any handouts... and I pay my taxes... a significant amount...

Speaking about trashing my kids future...Save the air.... Well as far as I know most liberals on this site smoke cigars..... so I'm guilty!! I pollute on a daily basis. However the environment is Gods gift to us and to date there have been over 400 Bush policy decisions detrimental to the enviroment.... way more than an other president ever. Every major environmental group has judged bush to be in a class by himself as the worst environmental president ever.

Bush likes trashing God's gift, our environment, and yet claims to be born again.... How hypocritical can that be...

And by the way, what do you have against bean sprouts?
(Some liberals hate them too.. I happen to like them...)
Users browsing this topic