SteveS
  • SteveS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Today's Poll Question on CNN.com is

Is this election the most important so far in your lifetime? ... slightly more than 3/4 of the respondents have said yes ...

I was one who said yes ... while I would not hold GWB up as a paragon of Presidential virtue, I sincerely believe the future of this country and our freedom are at extreme risk if Kerry is elected ... I honestly believe this is the most important election of MY life, but one the most important EVER.
gijohn
21 years ago
I agree Steve...when it comes to electing presidents, there are no "unimportant" elections. This one...occurring as it does during an ongoing conflict, has an added degeree of inportance to us in uniform. Kerry shows no sign of being any better than the previous Democratic President who openly "loathed the military."
Charlie
21 years ago
Ditto to above!

Charlie
usahog
21 years ago
what gijohn and Charlie said!!!!

Hog
cgbgjr
21 years ago
There is a tendency of Americans to think that "this" moment is always the most important. I believe the two Reagan elections were the most important in my lifetime. The differences between the candidates political philosophy was huge, and the Reagan victorys ultimately lead to victory in the Cold War while his pro free market philosophy led to the high tech boom which has revolutionized the planet. I am convinced to this day that his opponents would have managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory on both fronts.
turnberry
21 years ago
Totally in agreement with Steve on this one.
grond
21 years ago
The next President will likely replace three Supreme Court Justices. If Kerry wins, I guarantee that Hillary Clinton will be one of those put before the Senate (to keep her out of his hair in '08). I am strongly pro-life, pro-traditional marriage and pro-Christian moral values so... a Kerry victory will do untold damage to the way I think the country should head.... So..yes, this is undoubtably the most important election in my fifty years of living.

Cheers,

grond
xibbumbero
21 years ago
Most important? Maybe,maybe not. If Bush is re-elected,life will go on. If Kerry is elected,I seriously doubt that that the future safety of the USA is at risk. However,the Republicans would have you believe so. X
pabloescabar
21 years ago
I Believe, I am saved...
I am there for I am ?
rayder1
21 years ago
Herry is at the stage where he will say anything to get alected. He has a better plan on how to finish off Iraq. He only supports our troops in Iraq as long as it takes for the last vote to come in. If he (G-D forbid!) wins...our troops are doomed. Democracy in Iraq and relative stability in the region will be doomed.

Other than that...since I am not a soldier in harms way...this wouldn't be an election that would be the most important in my life. Now...if I were a soldier, had a relative who was serving in Iraq, had a dear loved one in Iraq...this would definitely be the most important election of my life.
rayder1
21 years ago
meant "Kerry" lighting is bad on the keyboard.
xibbumbero
21 years ago
Yeah and the sky is falling...the sky is falling,LOL. X
rayder1
21 years ago
Mostly I'm thinking that Kerry will push for a quick pull-out from Iraq. At this stage in the game it is more dangerous than the present pace of the war.
a quick retreat from Iraq will be dangerous.
"Doomed" was kind of harsh...I shouldn't be typing that late.
SteveS
  • SteveS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Kerry will cave in to the opinions of Chirac and other world "leaders" ... he'd not have gone after the terrorists following 9/11, but would've gone to the UN and asked for the Security Council to deplore their actions ...

However, that, in and of itself, while weak, isn't the worst of it, IMO ... the fact is, he's a traitor who should never have been allowed to run for public office ... it's a sad sign of how far our Republic has sunk that he's a viable candidate ...
xibbumbero
21 years ago
All that is hearsay and what Republicans would have you believe. Kerry is not fool enough to just fold up the tents and just leave. X
bassdude
21 years ago
X I do agree with your last statement.

Maybe someday you can come into the light and realize the Dems are not the party they once were. They no longer represent the masses unless they live in the inner city.

In the rural land we have no use for those anti-military POS.
SteveS
  • SteveS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
=======================================================
Author: xibbumbero Date: 11/01/2004 09:40 PM
All that is hearsay and what Republicans would have you believe. Kerry is not fool enough to just fold up the tents and just leave. X
=======================================================
IF Kerry were to be elected, you're right, he won't be folding up the tents and leaving ... BUT, that's what he'd have a lot of voters in this country THINKING he's going to do and they'll be voting for him in the mistaken belief that's what will happen ...

Unhappily, his treasonous actions subsequent to his 4 months of duty in Vietnam are not hearsay, however, but absolute rock-hard fact ... in any time prior to 'nam, he'd have been prosecuted for his crime and would have been unable to run for or hold public office ...

The man is utter slime and I could never bring myself to vote for such a person, irrespective of my opinion of his opponent ...
rayder1
gijohn
21 years ago
It's over now, and I'm happy with the result. A few notes for you folks: I watched election coverage over here in Europe on CNN (British version)..

The most convincing piece was when a French official was being interviewed and came down strongly on Kerry's side....do we need more convincing evidence that he would've been a poor choice?

The Germans are divided...Most think Bush shouldn't have gone in to Iraq, but many do recognize that now that we're there, we have to ensure that when we finally leave, the region won't immediately dissovle into chaos (remember Somalia?).
ilovemaui
21 years ago
I do believe this was a very important election but they all are. The sad thing is that in a free nation we get such a small turn out.

And I couldn't care less about what the french or germans think. I am actaully enjoy watching them cry and moan about Bush being re-elected. If it weren't for America Europe wouldn't exist. I am laughing all the way to the bank with my next taxcut and I can assure you I won't be spending any of it on anything manufactured in France or Germany.
Users browsing this topic