Sonny_LSU
21 years ago
.......we have won and our beloved troops are coming home, right?
JonR
21 years ago
Yo Sonny_LSU:

No you lost bigtime, can you spell M.A.N.D.A.T.E.

Also our beloved troops are stationed right where we need them the most, protecting Freedom and America.

JonR

Ps: You might want to thank our troops when you post, they deserve a "BIG THANK YOU".
AVB
  • AVB
  • Aficionado
21 years ago
3% is not a mandate, go see Nixon's second term. He won by 18,000,000+ votes out of a voting total of about 75,000,000. That is a mandate.
Cparker
21 years ago
I have no problem thanking the troops, THANK YOU.

As for protecting freedom and America in that big cat box of Iraq, your absorption of sound bits lets me offer you a bridge I have for sale, London Bridge.

Cparker
RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
Cparker

how rude of me seeing you standing out there in the rain. come in sit down have a cigar.

i don't know you very well, but i like your style.

i will pay more attention to your posts in the future.
Charlie
21 years ago
Gee, that is an impressive olive branch that Rick is tossing out in the forum!

Charlie
SteveS
21 years ago
What are you guys thinking? ... would the two of you be happier if the fighting were taking place within the borders of the US ?????
Wagner
21 years ago
Sorry guys, the troops are not protecting freedom and America--they are being used as pawns in a mad political game lead by Rove and Cheney.

Tons of high explosives are now lost and presumably in the hands of terrorists. Previously they were under lock and key. AlQuieda is having a recruiting field day because of our efforts. We are also losing control of both Iraq AND Afghanistan, in case you haven't noticed. What do you think will happen with all the heroin now being pumped out of the latter? Do you not think that this will come back to hurt America in a big way? What do you think the drug money is being used for?--to support democracy in Afghanistan?

It is really sad what is happening and yes, the democrats played a big role by picking such a weak candidate--but please don't celebrate a victory when there is none to be had! America needs help, we are now 8th in per capita income, 11th in literacy--headed in the right direction?--I say we have a long way to go!

Wagner
MACS
21 years ago
I think i'll go outside and smoke a victory cigar again.

My 11 1/2 months spent in the persian gulf over the last 2 years entitles me to do whatever the hell I want.

For those of you who say thank you, I say YOUR WELCOME!!

For those of you bemoaning the fact that we are over there... build a bridge and get over it. 73% of the military voted for BUSH as found in NAVY TIMES!

There ya have it. Bolivar Corona Junior sounds like a plan...
bloody spaniard
21 years ago
JonR
21 years ago
Yo Cparker:

Your statement:

"I have no problem thanking the troops, THANK YOU.

As for protecting freedom and America in that big cat box of Iraq, your absorption of sound bits lets me offer you a bridge I have for sale, London Bridge.

Cparker"

My retort:

Hey I'm not an idiot, buy Londen Bridge, you would have to be really stupid to fall for that scam.

JonR












Ps: OBTW since you are trying to sell the London Bridge, does that mean you own it and if so who did you buy it from? Now if you want some real property I have some swamp land in Florida I'm willing sell. LOL
Cparker
21 years ago
JonR,

Not suggesting your an idiot.

But to answer your question, if you want the bridge, I will sell it you. You have to decide if I own it, going to the point of my post as to believing all you hear.

As for swampland ? PLEEZ, I was born in Fl., at night, but not last night.

CParker
SteveS
21 years ago
In pre-WWI America, the concept of a "Fortress America" existed ... the majority of our citizenry felt that the turmoil "over there" had nothing to do with us and that it could not have an impact on us ... there are some, it seems, who have learned little in the intervening years ...

The oceans no longer are a security moat that surrounds us ... our homeland was attacked by those who would love to see us fall ... we CANNOT adequately defend every nook and cranny, every airport, every train station, every boat harbor, bus depot, large public building, etc ... we CANNOT ...

There ARE no viable options ... we MUST take the fight to them ... and we must be determined to prevail ... this isn't a 60 minute sit-com in which a happy-ever-ending can be achieved in a few minutes, a few hours, a few days, weeks, months or maybe years ... if we allow ourselves to lose our will as easily as some suggest we do, we are doomed ... our country WILL fall and the terrorists will have won.

What on earth will it take for some to see that ... is there NO price too high for you pay in order to avoid a fight???
JonR
21 years ago
Yo Cparker:

Your statement:

"But to answer your question, if you want the bridge, I will sell it you. You have to decide if I own it, going to the point of my post as to believing all you hear"

My retort:

"Ps: OBTW since you are trying to sell the London Bridge, does that mean you own it and if so "who did you buy it from?"

Bush just won the last 3 open states today. Can you say MANDATE?

JonR
usahog
21 years ago
" AlQuieda is having a recruiting field day because of our efforts."

Wagner... first of all welcome to CBid..

secondly I hate to hear whine's like yours and using the troops to try and get your point across... Stop Already... Until you've been in their shoes, all you have to go on is what you've read and heard...

now as far as the statement above... yep them Terrorists is signing up so many left and right it ain't funny ;0) another read or heard observation... We haven't and didn't have one "NOT ONE" Attack on our Sovern Soil since 911 and if the playing field for Target Practice is in their back yard so be it ;0)

as far as the rest of your post GWB has 4 more years to get this nation back on track... he'll get'er done!!!

now back to the troop issue... don't post **** as to wearing these military members on your sh!rt sleave as an ace in the hole for discussion against this administration or America... I'm a retired troop and it anguashes me to see fella's like yerself use them as a trump card... instead you should be grateful and thank them!!!!!!!

I'm steppin off my soap box now!!!!

America Onward and Upward!!!!

Hog
Wagner
21 years ago
USAHOG:

I did not use the troops as my stump, the comment was made that they are in Iraq protecting our freedom. I don't fall for that "****" to use your language. Just how was Sadam Hussein going to take our freedom away? Maybe with the spitballs Zell Miller ranted about? Come on, anyone tell me how a weak, third world country like Iraq was going to conquer the USA. That would be the only way to take away our freedom and not very likely to happen. Let's be real and not use slogans. Think with our minds not our mouths.

No, our freedom is more likely to be taken by an inside job, by fostering fear of a weak or nonexistent enemy. I'll remind you of a famous quote, "Those who suppress freedom always do so in the name of law and order" -- John Lindsay

Let's be civil,
Wagner
bassdude
21 years ago
Wagner, those explosives you are talking about, well you don't know what you are talking about.

Stop watching the Today Show and get the news from the folks who are there.
EI
  • EI
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
Author: Wagner Date: 11/05/2004 04:25 PM Reply
Sorry guys, the troops are not protecting freedom and America--they are being used as pawns in a mad political game lead by Rove and Cheney.


Have you asked any of the troops what they thought or is this just what you heard from Rather Jennings and Brokaw?
Charlie
21 years ago
Wagner

Let me welcome you to the board! Welcome!

Now learn a little bit about what is going on in the Middle East before you start tossing your "spitballs" our way!

The troops do not feel they are pawns,and there are several of them on this board and I am sure they will let you know how they feel!

Charlie
usahog
21 years ago
Wagner, Civil is....

and to explain to you would be falling on deaf ears... it has been well over an hour since your last posting.... if you wanted civil discourse on these issue's you would be making a better arguement then what you have here.. all you've done is tried to add your two cents worth and very lousey way at that... back up your statements with facts...

If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand...

I asked you a question above and will ask again because It was in the form of an discussion the last time

Have You walked a mile in the Military's shoes?? where do you feed your knowledge from??

Hog
Users browsing this topic