SteveS
  • SteveS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
I can't believe that it's two days after the fact and no one has commented here on the lead-in to Monday Night Football this week ...

Did none of you see Nicollette Sheridan (from the new show Desperate Housewives) drop her towel and jump into Terrell Owens arms? ... the dialogue alone was pretty bold considering the hour ...

Yesterday, the network apologized for the "inappropriate" placement of the spot, which the NFL declared "unsuitable" for the league's audience ...
bassdude
21 years ago
Damn, missed it
dapperdan
21 years ago
This is just the reason why my kid's just watch DVD's!



PROCTER & GAMBLE COMES OUT OF CLOSET, NOW PUSHING HOMOSEXUAL TV AGENDA
Dear Rollin,

Procter & Gamble, maker of Crest, Tide and Pampers, is the leading sponsor of two TV programs that continually push the homosexual agenda.

The sitcom Will & Grace regularly promotes homosexuality and explicit sex-talk with jokes about male and female genitalia, masturbation, oral sex and even anal sex. The series' two male stars are both homosexual. From the beginning, the series has been about nothing but sex.


Will & Grace is the program that showed two men passionately kissing each other.

According to Broadcasting & Cable online magazine, P&G was the top sponsor of Will & Grace between September 2003 and February 2004. P&G spent an astonishing $8.2 in sponsorship of this program promoting the homosexual agenda.

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy depicts five homosexual men remaking the "cluttered, straight men of the world" so that they look, dress and act in the manner of the "cool" and, by implication, superior "gay" community. The program consistently seeks to validate and glorify the homosexual lifestyle.

Between September 2003 and February 2004, P&G spent $2,000,000 in sponsorship of this program promoting the homosexual agenda.

Remember that P&G pulled all their advertising support from Dr. Laura's program after a complaint from the homosexual community. P&G will support programs that are pro-homosexual, but refuse to support programs that tell the truth about homosexuality!

Procter & Gamble has become a leading advocate for the homosexual lifestyle. For more information on P&G's promotion of homosexuality, click here.

Please support the boycott of P&G, and ask others to do so.

To sign the Boycott P&G petition, click here.

American Family Association is asking individuals to:

1. Boycott three products of P&G — Crest toothpaste, Tide detergent, and Pampers diapers. (Some are boycotting all P&G products, which we encourage. To print out a list of P&G products, click here.)

2. Print out a Boycott Procter & Gamble petition and distribute among Sunday school and church members and with friends. Click here. (pdf version) (MS Word Version)

3. Please register your support for the boycott at pgboycott.com.

4. Call Chairman A.G. Lafley at 513-983-1100 and politely let him know that you are participating in the boycott and will ask others to do the same.

5. Help us spread the word by forwarding this to friends and family.
Sincerely,

Don

Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman
American Family Association

cexshun
21 years ago
In case you can't see me, I'm rolling my eyes.
SteveS
  • SteveS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
DapperD ... believe me, the MNF thing was clearly hetero ...
RDC
  • RDC
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
what was shown? Full frontal? Bare back or what?
briguy151
21 years ago
sheessh it was nicolete sheraton, she is slightly manish. now if it was Eva Longoria GAME ON!!!!!
cexshun
21 years ago
Not a problem seeing someone's brains splattered on a window, but god forbid they show the small of a back or (OMG!!!) 2 guys kissing.
briguy151
21 years ago
People must learn that if you no like what you watch turn the thing off or walk away. And also lets not forget that the television is not a babysitter.

I personally think Will and Grace is funny as hell.
Come on the episode with Matt Damon posing as a gay guy to goto Europe was hysterical.
lofty1
21 years ago
personally, it annoys the hell out of me that i can't watch a football game with my 6 and 9 year old boys w/o worrying about what the irresponsible networks are trying to sneak in for adults. i've watched football since i was their age. my parents never had to worry about that crap happening. i have no problem with showing that stuff on TV. i have a problem when i'm surprised they aired some of that stuff when it wasn't expected.

if their going to warn me that two guys will be kissing in a program, i won't watch it. i won't let my boys watch it. that's my choice. if they show it when they should be showing football, i no longer have a choice but to ignore the TV entirely. i don't think i'm a prude, but i do want to filter the things my children are exposed to at this age. i'd rather control how they get exposed to certain subjects. if TV continues to be irresponsibly unpredictable, it reduces its likelihood of being a part of our lives.


in short, show whatever you want, but warn us in advance.
briguy151
21 years ago
lofty you make a good point that if you watch footbal its football. Not Naked woman running around. Granted Adult males wont mind (me being one of them). I didn't watch MNF since my football season is ruined from the great record of my favorite team. 1-8 and Ricky is out smokin the herb.

I would be a bit annoyed if I was watching seasame street with my daughter and all of a sudden elmo starts nailing big bird.

I see where ya coming from.
MACS
21 years ago
I think cable TV has gotten progressively worse over the last decade. You used to not hear ANY curse words on TV, unless it was a pay channel like HBO, but now you regularly hear, bitch, ass etc. Hell, they say those two words on the Simpsons, which is a friggin' cartoon!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Simpson's, but I feel this has gotten out of hand.
MACS
21 years ago
As an addendum to my previous post... those who know me, know I got a potty-mouth (hello? i'm in the military) but I try real hard not to talk like a sailor around children.
cexshun
21 years ago
Maybe it's just because I was raised in a bad language household. My mother could go into a truck stop and tell a joke that would make mechanics blush.

Actually, debates like these really shed some light on things. The older, more conservative is loosing a grip on society to the younger, more liberal crowd. Point of fact, I have no problems at all with 2 men kissing, nor do I have any problems with my son seeing it. However, people on this board seem to express distaste as if they were showing the Auschwitz webcam.

Talk about the generation gap. My wife was raised in this way and she is still incredibly naive about the world and the people in it. It doesn't pay to live under a skirt. If you don't let your kid experience anything, they they won't ever experience ANYTHING. Know what I mean?

But, it's your kids and your right to raise them as you wish.
regdunlap7
21 years ago
Now the FCC is passing comments and saying they are disappointed at the opening. This is all so ridiculous. As Americans, we have the right to watch or NOT watch anything aired for broadcast. The scene was well within obsenity standards - no nudity, only implied nudity. What a weak mental country we must be. We can put on a channel, but can not make a determination to turn it off if it looks offensive.

Thanks
js
SteveS
  • SteveS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
The comments here are pretty much a mirror-image of those I've heard on sports-talk radio yesterday and today ...

Personally, I had no issues with what was shown or said, but can readily understand how those with young children could feel blindsided by a rather overtly sensual opening to MNF ...

Hey, it's a furshlugginer FOOTBALL game ... who'd a thunk it?
cexshun
21 years ago
I guess the question is...

Is implied nudity worse then beer/alcohol advertisements? If you allow your child to watch football inspite of the alcohol advertisements, then perhaps you have no reason to get upset that someone may actually be naked underneath a towel.
lofty1
21 years ago
i think some of you are missing the point here. implied nudity is not problematic in itself as everyone in the world is nude under their clothes. the problem here is the sexual connotations and suggestive subject matter. it's about sex, not nudity. there's a world of difference. there are commercials with implied nudity that have no sexual connotations. i don't think those are nearly as offensive, but that's just me.


also, please stop saying "if it offends you, turn it off." i thought i already addressed that. i don't watch and i don't allow my children to watch programs that i know will potentially be offensive to us. football should not fall into that category, as far as i'm concerned. i don't watch will & grace. i know it's about gays. i'm not offended. i just don't find it to be entertaining. i also don't like my children watching a program with that subject matter at this age. their too impressionable. again, that's my opinion.


does this help clear some things up for some of you?
MACS
21 years ago
Allow me to clarify some of what I said... I didn't see the commercial and had I seen it I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it.

The point that I am making is TV censure has gotten REALLY lenient lately. Not that I am personally offended, but I understand how some people ARE offended.
SteveR@CigarBid
21 years ago
briguy151 - I agree. Will & Grace is a hilarious show. My girlfriend was a huge fan of it, which means I had to watch it with her. After laughing for 30 minutes straight, I had no complaints.
Users browsing this topic