dapperdan
21 years ago
I waited today for my two boxes of Torano Tributes from DHL Cbid new deliver method. I saw on the DHL tracking it arrived two days ago 1/3 6:30 am the next town over 30 min. from my house.It was scheduled to be delivered today. I called them and they said " sorry it will go out tomorrow" It has sat in there distribution center now for 3 days, 30 min. away from my house. Cbid please go back to UPS.Just had to vent. I will be gone for a few days and I wanted to take some cigars with me. I'm sure you guy's can relate,no?
chipslave
21 years ago
I switched to USPS and have never looked back. I get my cigars in 3 days, and thats to ND!
dapperdan
21 years ago
My dad was born in Fargo, lived in a one room farm house,COLD!
baracuda
21 years ago
Dan,
You know SLIM's gonna slap ya !!!
acrouse
21 years ago
yup prolly gonna get slapped....
shoulda searched the forums...
...any problem with purchases direct email customer service...

But! But! Dan's a ok guy...
pssst dan sign in to your acct and click customer service request ..ask to be switched to UPS and it shall be done at your request.

psssst...if it gets rough on the thread ...well everyone's been there. Sympathy is out there my friend.
Art
acrouse
21 years ago
****Thread Jack ON *****
Dan- as an aside you need to buy way more sticks if one shipment is running you tight! LOL!
Art
*****Thread Jack OFF*****
dapperdan
21 years ago
I posted my email a while back for slim on the Torano's . This is my second box (if I ever get them)2003 Torpedos and 2004 maduro, second invitation slim, cuda also, (dandapper at adelphia dot net)
dapperdan
21 years ago
sketcha
21 years ago
Am I going to have to add this to the "NEWBIES" post?

Guys, USE PRIORITY MAIL! Cbid will let you choose between that, UPS or DHL. 2 bucks more gives you, IMO the fastest, most reliable option.

email them and ask for Priority Mail.
jgjam
21 years ago
I have to agree with Dan... I have had this discussion with C-bid and they have switched my shipping to USPS. My problem is not with the change from UPS to DHL but the fact that this was not communicated to their customers along with the fact that they have a choice to use USPS. The only way you find out is when your shipment has a problem with DHL (seems to be all of them) and you contact Cbid to discuss. THEN they inform you of the USPS option.

Yes, yes, yes... I know that you can search the boards for DHL and discover this but if you don't know you don't know... you know...

And besides only us poor bastards who don't have a life spend gobs of time on these boards... not all of their customers do.

It just appears to me that Cbid could be be more proactive with their customer service (which is generally top notch) in this area by emailing customers asking them to declare their preference prior to making changes like this.

Just my 2 cents worth...

John
Que
  • Que
  • Aficionado
21 years ago
Ok, I'm new. I did not know that you could choose. I have had two problems with DHL. One shipment was left on someone else's front porch and the shipment I received yesterday had a crushed box. There were packing peanuts falling out of it because one end was almost missing! I'm asking for priority mail right now.
Que
sketcha
21 years ago
I admit I have to agree. I think not informing customers of the change and not pro-actively apprising us of our options was a mistake, but one made in a long, long line of achievement.
iccarrow
21 years ago
If I ever get my current order I won't use dhl again. They don't automatically redeliver the next day like they say they do. I found that out after waiting two extra days. You must call them and hope they do as you request. This order came a day before tracking said it was coming, so I didn't leave a note out saying where to leave it, and it wasn't left. I really wasn't concerned since the first order they brought me was just left on a neighbors porch. What a lousy switch. Currently I'm hoping to get my order early next week but I'm not holding my breath.

Ben
jessicas@cigarbid
21 years ago
Dan,
I just replied to your email regarding this issue.
SteveS
21 years ago
Am I the only one who's happy with DHL ??? ... the switch improved my service by 3 days ... my cigars are in my humi now sooner than they used to be arriving at the UPS hub, two days before they'd get delivered ...
KNOF
21 years ago
SteveS, you are a rare breed, LOL.
We still luv you though, heheheeee.
I'm a USPS guy and CBid ships my goodies on Friday and I get them usually Saturday, but always by Monday, and I'm across the country in California! One day service with no extra charge . . . I love CBid, I mean USPS, I mean my girls, and all of you too (in a BOTL/SOTL capacity) Heheheeeee !!!
KNOF
21 years ago
I meant to warn you, . . . I think Slim is taking his afternoon nap, LOL!
Charlie
21 years ago
I am sorry, but I like DHL service, they get to me on Tuesday. I live in Costa Mesa CA, and that is beating the old UPS service that was generally on Wed or Thur of following week!

Like the Yellow uniforms and the yellow trucks!

Charlie

HockeyDad
21 years ago
DHL is beating USPS each time so far and USPS always beat UPS by one day.

I have no complaints about any of the three but, DHL is the quickest in my case.
classic57
21 years ago
Never had a prob with DHL, had LOTS of probs with UPS. Packages delivered to wrong address, lost packages, damaged packages, opened packages...

Forget UPS.
Users browsing this topic