Pancho
  • Pancho
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago
I would like to start a new KISS (keep it simple, stupid) box pass. If you are interested, please post that you want to participate and when there are enough people who meet with the approval of the others on the pass, I will send out the first box. I would like for the first 6 or 8 BOTLs on the list to be established traders. After that, it will be up to the folks down the list to monitor who participates.

The first rule is to keep it simple. Use the USPS video tape box which holds 10-12 cigars. These boxes can be filled and mailed for the USPS Priority Mail minimum rate. When the box is getting near to you, just be sure that you have an empty box ready to go (they're free at the PO) and a Priority Mail stamp (or $3.85 in postage stamps). That way you don't even need to leave the house.

Here are the other rules:

The main thing to remember is that this is a perpetual pass. When you receive the box, if you like all the cigars in the box, take them all and replace them all. If you like none of them, just send them all on to the next person. Just remember to post on the thread what cigars you received and what cigars you sent out. This rule should help avoid the situation where people take out good cigars and put in dog rockets. Not that any such thing would ever actually happen...

If you sign up to receive the pass, make sure that you monitor it and be ready for your turn. The people downstream are all anxious to get their turn. If you know you're going to be out of town, just let your 'upline' know and you can change the order so the box will come in when you know you can attend to it

It is perpetual; it will go until there is no interest from anyone in receiving it anymore.

One tradition of box passes that has to be ignored is to "always leave the box better than you received it." If the box got better at each stop, it would soon be impossibly good. There is no need to 'top' the sticks that you take. On the other end of the spectrum, do not use this pass as an opportunity to take good cigars and replace them with turds. The idea is to make a roughly equivalent trade. It's a fine line, but you guys know what I mean.

Each person in the chain should email the person next down the list for the snailer. We can all keep track of the box and its progress by posting on the CBid thread.

If there is enough interest, I will get the first box out within the next week. If there is no interest, I'll try again in the Fall.
wennerman
21 years ago
count me in...
Tom
mr.harten
21 years ago
Me too. In line after Tom.

Clark
Da Chief
21 years ago
I am in!

Da Chief
Pancho
  • Pancho
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago
Excellent.

1. wennerman
2. mr. harten
3. da chief
4. ??
5. ??
6. ??
7. ??
8. pancho

I'll put together a starting line up and post it when we fill in the rest.
zapgr
21 years ago
well I would like to try again since it seems the last one spun out of control

ddsmokin
21 years ago
I would like to pass it on....
eodusmc
21 years ago
sure why not. count me in.

chris
Da Chief
21 years ago
Updated for Da Panch...

1. wennerman
2. mr. harten
3. da chief
4. eodusmc
5. ??
6. ??
7. ??
8. pancho
Pancho
  • Pancho
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago
zapgr and ddsmokin -- who have you guys traded with before?
BuckyB93
21 years ago
I've been on the recieving end of some of Charlie's (ddsmokin) packages via friendly football wagers and a past box pass. I wouldn't hesitate to trade with him, he's a trustworthy BOTL. That is, of course, if my input means anything.
teedubbya
21 years ago
me too, I want in if you will have me
wennerman
21 years ago
I also have traded with ddsmokin'..Charle is otay in my
book
Tom
Pancho
  • Pancho
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago
Here is what I have so far:

1. wennerman
2. mr. harten
3. da chief
4. eodusmc
5. ddsmokin
6. ??
7. ??
8. pancho

I'm still waiting on some feedback on zapgr and teedubbya (only because I haven't personally traded with them -- no offense intended). I've also sent a couple of emails to some guys I've traded with who I hope will join. We aren't limited to 8 participants, but I will wait until we round out the first 8 before I send the box.
BLISTER
21 years ago
Alright,

What the hell. Count me in.

...If there's room, that is
teedubbya
21 years ago
no offense taken.

I've not done a lot of trades. Here is a list of folks I have sent things to. Some were trades, others were RAOK.

mrtelcom
dice7711
master o' mayhem
puffdaddy
jdllizard
steves
bughunter

I actually had to do a search because I don't track such things....

If I need to have more history, I'm cool with that as well, no offense either way

Pancho
  • Pancho
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago
1. wennerman
2. mr. harten
3. da chief
4. eodusmc
5. ddsmokin
6. teedubbya
7. ??
8. pancho

Any input on zapgr and blister?
Pancho
  • Pancho
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago
Erik gave me his permission to add his name to the list which now looks like this:

1. wennerman
2. mr. harten
3. da chief
4. eodusmc
5. ddsmokin
6. teedubbya
7. erkwgz
8. pancho

Still pending are zapgr, blister, and a couple of other people I've emailed today.

Because we now have 8, I'll go ahead and put the first box together in the next day or two and get it off to Tom (probably on Friday).
Pancho
  • Pancho
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago
Ok, Blister.

1. wennerman
2. mr. harten
3. da chief
4. eodusmc
5. ddsmokin
6. teedubbya
7. erkwgz
8. blister
9. pancho
Users browsing this topic