andytv
  • andytv
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
15 years ago
I have to drive twenty minutes each morning and each evening.

I like to smoke cigars in my car.

Now.....unfortunately, my destination is not cigar friendly........and neither is my home when I get there in the evening since the kids and the wife are all around and bugging me and stuff.

A petit corona is a little too much.....being more of a 1/2hr smoke for me.

The really thin ring gauge cigars are OK but I really don't love to smoke them.....I get the feeling I will drop them or possibly suck one down my throat.

I am tempted to snip some PCs in half and glue the end from unraveling.....or just smoke half in and then smoke the other half out (after relighting.....which is tolerably disgusting).

Any other suggestions????

(typically me like full bodied cigars....Habano, Dominican, Nicaraguan, etc)


((also I don't like paying stupid prices like some people pay for those stupid "nubs"))
DrMaddVibe
15 years ago
The entire Nub line...nuff said.
hombre
15 years ago
I find Nubs to be in the 40 minute range. I would say the La Vieja Habana Early Years Silencio. Problem is they stopped making them. If you can find em, its a delicious maduro and small enough to fit your needs. I looked for a box in the secondary market a while back and had no luck. JD has said he is considering bringing them back but I am not holding my breath.
JadeRose
15 years ago
I cut cigars all the time. Get some churchies in what you like and cut with cello on. Roll in on your lips in the direction that the wrapper lies to keep from unraveling and smoke. One churchill.....3 twenty cigars.
muhren
15 years ago
I suggest the Petit Tat Reservas. $4ish a stick. If you don't finish it, eh, no biggy. Flavor and construction are great.

M
andytv
  • andytv
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
15 years ago

I cut cigars all the time. Get some churchies in what you like and cut with cello on. Roll in on your lips in the direction that the wrapper lies to keep from unraveling and smoke. One churchill.....3 twenty cigars.

JadeRose wrote:




Really? That works pretty good then?
HockeyDad
15 years ago
AF Hemingway Short Story
DrMaddVibe
15 years ago

I find Nubs to be in the 40 minute range.

hombre wrote:




You gotta smoke it like ya mean it!


DOUBLE DOWN!!!!
hombre
15 years ago

You gotta smoke it like ya mean it!


DOUBLE DOWN!!!!

DrMaddVibe wrote:




LOL I guess if I had to suck it down I could. (thats what she said)
fishinguitarman
15 years ago
5 Vegas 'A' Anomoly....Excellent cigar and less than 2 bucks on auction here...Fantastic little firecracker maduro

And the Short Story that was recommended above...
TIGERCDW
15 years ago
5 Vegas Serie A Anomaly 4.5 x 44

Good flavor and cheap

TIGER
TIGERCDW
15 years ago
Ha.
FGM and I were typing at the same time.

TIGER
fishinguitarman
15 years ago

Ha.
FGM and I were typing at the same time.

TIGER

TIGERCDW wrote:




HA! Great minds think alike!
Whistlebritches
15 years ago
ERDM Demi-Tasse(4X30)Tasty and definately a 20 minute smoke
RyJ Sports Largo(4.5X35)Excellent small stick......great with coffee.Not sure you can burn it in 20 minutes.
Partagas Chicos(4X29)These are tasty,quick and priced right for an everyday smoke.We just discussed this.......hard to go wrong with anything Partagas.

I'll look........I might still have some of the Party Chicos and RyJ Sports Largo's in my inventory.



Ron
NewB76
15 years ago
I just smoke & pitch dog rockets when time is short. There are usually a few crappy "throw ins" in the samplers that I buy(Vengeance, AB, Gurkha & such). They don't taste the greatest but they get the job done & let me appreciate my better stuff(soon after).

OP, need any?
daveincincy
15 years ago
Don Felo felitos (4 3/4 x 32)...$19.99 for a bundle of 25.

You want one? I have one (yes, just one..I actually smoked 1 other), and it has a few years of age on it. 🖐
euodias
15 years ago
I think the way to go would be the Petit Tatuaje or Petit Cabiguan. You can get them for $130 a box if you're lucky.
JadeRose
15 years ago

Really? That works pretty good then?

andytv wrote:




I'm crappin you negative. You get the hang of it pretty quick as to where to cut it to keep it together the best. I've gotten now to where you would never know it wasn't made that way. Who the hell has time to smoke a whole cigar? I buy churchies, lancero's or lonsdales and get a helluva lot of bang for the buck. 2 or 3 smokes out of each one. Make sure your cutter is sharp to avoid crushing the smoke. Works great, man.
Thunder.Gerbil
15 years ago
Andy, have you tired the J. Fuego Origen Originals? They seem to fit the full bodied profile you are looking for (100% Nicaraguan tobacco), lots of coffee and espresso notes, inexpensive ($12-15 at a B&M for a soft pack of 5), about 44 ring in the center (they are double perfectoish type cigars, a little bit of taper, but not much), they do burn about 30-40 minutes smoking time per though depending on how fast you smoke, so maybe you'd have to cut them in half or something.

Brooks has a nice review up on his website if you're interested in reading the story behind them and such.


tcostyn
15 years ago
What about Oliva Special Gs? I've actually never smoked 'em, but the serie G is not a bad smoke and the special G is 3 3/4 x 49 at the wide spot.
Users browsing this topic