tonygraz
13 years ago
So far 2 this year for me on CB and one that they are not getting any more of. How can you auction something you don't have ?
shaun341
13 years ago
very easily, they don't keep accurate up to date inventory. I don't care how big a company you are if you are auctioning something you must have it no excuse is good enough. Also I had a backorder and notified them about it. They made me an offer I took to please me for the mistake but I looked on the auctions and several more for the backordered item started that same week. If I sold something I did not physically have what would someone call that hmmm.


By the way these threads come up more and more often on here so instead of the problem getting better it is getting worse.
JB113
13 years ago
I just sent in a complaint about that. I won a box of White Noise, check to see if I have a tracking number, and it says Backordered......
sd72
13 years ago
One for me. Said they don't carry it anymore, and have seen it on auction several times after.

Prolly won too low.
shaun341
13 years ago
I didn't think elitist bought from auction sites

Got any Tats lol
shaun341
13 years ago
Bentakemoto
13 years ago
I was told they were out of a certain lot that they would not be getting again, then, 3 weeks later I win two lots of said item and get them right away..


Hmmm..
JB113
13 years ago
Wow. They even charged me the full price of the lots too. If its backordered, good business practices would say to NOT charge for the backordered item until its in stock and can be shipped.... Seriously about done with buying things here.
Bentakemoto
13 years ago
Eh. I got the lots that they "weren't going to get again" for a much better price after I was refunded for the backordered lot, so I am happy that instance happened. However, I'm usually not banking on smokes I order being here for a while, so it's not ball-busting if they end up shipping late or if the lots are backordered.
JB113
13 years ago
I wasn't expecting to have it any time soon since they're known for their expedient shipping. Its just that I was charged for a box of smokes and I won't have them for who knows how long.... I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything here anymore.
skillett
13 years ago
If not satisfied, there are other places to buy.

This way you can eliminate the trash talk.
tonygraz
13 years ago
Good advice, but rather late. I haven't ordered anything since May and I don't think I will till I get what's backordered. If you think that would eliminate trash talk you haven't spent much time here.
wheelrite
13 years ago
cbid sux

wheel,
opelmanta1900
13 years ago
check your bank account again... they usually charge you for the backordered item and then refund it a day later or so...

as far as ben's situation, they usually put together auctions as much as 2 weeks in advance i think we were once told... when the number of items they are auctioning off is more than what they have in stock due to inventory errors, someone gets the shaft... not sure how they decide who gets the shaft, but someone has to get it...

and also, what wheel said...
delta1
13 years ago
I must buy the crappy stuff they have on hand...very rarely got back-ordered. Of course, I don't buy as much stuff from here as in the past...usually get out-bidded anyways.
JB113
13 years ago
I hardly buy here anymore. But I like the Obsidians and can't find them local..... I won a box of the White Noise Robusto to find out they are on backorder. Apparently (per Amanda in CS) they have no ETA, and are working closely with the manufacturor to resolve this. Which tells me they are either full of $#it, or even PDR doesn't even know when CBid will have another box. So while I was researching alternatives (because I am unbearably impatient) I saw this.
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1545047/Obsidian-White-Noise-Robusto-Box-of-20/ 

If they are backordered, AND they have no ETA (at least according to Amanda who got that info directly from PDR), why post the same item again?????

Oh, and still no refund.
dpnewell
13 years ago
^I like Obsidians, but found the White Noise to be boring and harsh.
JB113
13 years ago
They're going to replace the box with a box of Gordo's. That's one thing I like about the CS here; they're willing to work with the customers to resolve issues.
Bentakemoto
13 years ago

They're going to replace the box with a box of Gordo's. That's one thing I like about the CS here; they're willing to work with the customers to resolve issues.

JB113 wrote:




That's cool of them!

Your jaw's gonna be tired though lol
K9biker
13 years ago
Three lots won for Tuesday shipping. (today)

Invoice says "backordered"

Strange way to do buisness.
Users browsing this topic