ZRX1200
12 years ago
I have about 6 lbs of HF beads on all shelfs and thr bottom shelf has a really big tub of floral beads that are used for mass humidity with a RV refrigerator fan on top of that tub to circulate the air.

The floral beads are super cheap but DO NOT TOUCH THEM. My daughters had mold in three days.
Sled
  • Sled
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
12 years ago
Finally pulled the trigger. Tower and 6 lbs of hf beads in route.
Buckwheat
12 years ago

http://www.avallohumidors.com/Accumonitor.html

GhostTown wrote:



+1
And I use beads so I don't have to be so OCD on keeping the thing full all the time.
bs_kwaj
12 years ago

... the reason your's goes to 74% is because that's what the distilled water on the green block gives off normally. Remove the green block and replace with 65% beads in a nylon stocking material. Then saturate the beads with distilled H2O to the point that they are not quite slushy. Set your system to 65% and you will be good. The fan will only run a little at that point.

knokmdwn wrote:



I'm giving this a try.

However, back when I was in Texas, with the green foam stuff, I set the thing to 65% and it stayed right around that number on the ambient humidity display.

And obviously, I reckon, they wouldn't sell the thing if it always stayed at 74%. 🤔
borndead1
12 years ago
Screw the beads. Get an active humidifier.
borndead1
12 years ago

I have about 6 lbs of HF beads on all shelfs and thr bottom shelf has a really big tub of floral beads that are used for mass humidity with a RV refrigerator fan on top of that tub to circulate the air.

The floral beads are super cheap but DO NOT TOUCH THEM. My daughters had mold in three days.

ZRX1200 wrote:




6 lbs. of beads? How much potential cigar space does that take up?


I tried beads. And tried them again. I personally think they suck. I use Cigar Oasis in both my wine fridges and they hold humidity fantastically.
Users browsing this topic