99cobra2881
12 years ago

I make my wife wet.

mikey1597 wrote:




I threw a bucket of water on my wife once does that count?
earthson
12 years ago
I know the brown label Havana Cazadores have been wet-wrapped from day one, as have the cuban Romeo y Julieta Cazadores that they're named after. Both cigars are great and have aged wonderfully for me while staying wrapped. Personally, I think it is a gimmick as it is not exactly a hermetically-sealed wrap (simply taped). Also, cigars age properly when they're allowed to cure (i.e.: when there are periodic fresh air exchanges) - that is why humidors tend to be somewhat moisture-tight, but are not air-tight.

tonygraz
12 years ago

I threw a bucket of water on my wife once does that count?

99cobra2881 wrote:



Yep, against you ... for life !
JoePepin
12 years ago
foil or no foil the stick is good smoke one!
99cobra2881
12 years ago

Yep, against you ... for life !

tonygraz wrote:



**** that's harsh. Glad I was just joking.
cacman
12 years ago

foil or no foil the stick is good smoke one!

JoePepin wrote:


$45 for 3 - it ain't that freaking good. Sorry.
Keep the foil.
bassman45
12 years ago
Carl,for grins I put them in my "cart" and checked the total......$45 +19.69 in TAXES,gotta love Illinois taxes.#-o [ram27bat]
cacman
12 years ago

Carl,for grins I put them in my "cart" and checked the total......$45 +19.69 in TAXES,gotta love Illinois taxes.#-o [ram27bat]

bassman45 wrote:


$64.69 for three regular production Tats wrapped in foil???? WTF are they smoking in Illinois cause it sure aint the same stuff we have here in CO?!?! For a couple bucks more you could get a 10ct box of Monte Petit Edmundos delivered.

You Tat hoes can have them!!!
rfenst
12 years ago


You Tat hoes can have them!!!

cacman wrote:



+1
DBIII
12 years ago

$64.69 for three regular production Tats wrapped in foil???? WTF are they smoking in Illinois cause it sure aint the same stuff we have here in CO?!?! For a couple bucks more you could get a 10ct box of Monte Petit Edmundos delivered.

You Tat hoes can have them!!!

cacman wrote:



yeppers
tj2001cobra
12 years ago
I've got a box of Cazadores I've been sitting on for 3-4 years. They were wet-wrapped and placed in foil during production. I think it is the first cigar he started doing it on.

DBIII
12 years ago
^^They are moldy and horrible by now, send them to me for disposal.
knokmdwn
12 years ago
Ok, currently smoking one of these as I type. Into it almost to the first 3rd. Waaay NOT impressed. So far it's a pretty mild smoke with not much flavor at all. I get just a faint mild pepper now and then. Other than that, it's pretty bland. Construction seems to be good, as most Tats are. Burn is good. Probably the most positive thing I could say about it so far is that it doesn't leave an aftertaste in your mouth that resembles an army marching through it. A good quality cigar should have a very clean finish (like most Cubans), and this is that way. They just forgot to put the flavor into it.

Will post a bit more later. Hoping it will change.
knokmdwn
12 years ago
Half way through now after a re-lite (had to start the BBQ). No change. Purged, retroed, ...... Nada, burning tobacco.
knokmdwn
12 years ago
Went down to the 2-1/2" mark and then chucked it. Got really bored with it. No change in flavor....or lack thereof.

I have a couple more to try just in case I got one that was really "off". Not holding my breath though.
dharbolt
12 years ago
Sad to hear. I was looking forward to these.
Philly Jack
12 years ago
Did you try to smoke it with the foil on it may be better. Sorry to hear this Pete Johnson makes a good cigar normally with little to no gimmicks but backs it up with a good cigar unlike others
knokmdwn
12 years ago

Did you try to smoke it with the foil on it may be better. Sorry to hear this Pete Johnson makes a good cigar normally with little to no gimmicks but backs it up with a good cigar unlike others

Philly Jack wrote:




Ok, so here's the real gimmick I guess............they didn't come in foil. Just because they say "wet wrap" doesn't mean that they are individually wrapped in foil. It generally means that the BUNDLE is wrapped in a foil backed wax type paper.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Forum/c/posts/637506/A-bit-of-C-Porn 

Many of Pete's cigars are packaged this way. I probably have 4 or 5 bundles of different Tats that are packaged like this. When {TQ Cigars} sold them in 3 packs, they obviously broke open bundles. Are they worth $15 each? NOT A CHANCE IN HELL. I have gotten $3 auction sticks with more flavor that the one I smoked today. Giving it a more than fair chance, I will smoke another one in a week or two and report back. If it's the same as the one I smoked today, I am seriously considering writing Pete a letter communicating my feeling of being screwed without lube.
Philly Jack
12 years ago
Now the RC184 and the RC233 are wrapped half in foil like the Boli Gold medals is this a wet pack or what is with the foil is it just for presentation. Never had one so can't comment on it.
cacman
12 years ago
Knok - considering the price and review I guess you're better off looking for the Perdomo 10th Anniv.

I'll wait for the new Tat releases to come out. News has already started to circulate about the TAA 2014. And the Lat Lanceros sound very interesting.

I'm still passing on this foil-wrapped marketing scheme. Gold foil from one shop but silver foil from another. Keep the freakin foil and the outrageous taxes these shops force you to pay due to their location.
Users browsing this topic