99cobra2881
12 years ago
Bohemian bamboo never tried don't have plans to either.

Gurkha Viper even after a rest these sum bitches are fire proof. Attributed the first one to being rott but the rest of the fiver has not taken to fire any better. Numerous touch ups needed.
nolen
12 years ago

Avocado Limited Reserve,

If you’re on the prowl for a serviceable, non-gag-inducing handmade, Avocado Ltd. might just be your cup o’ tea. Hand ’em out to freeloaders, burn one while mowing the lawn....hell, pull the wrappers off, douse with ranch dressing and enjoy a low-carb meal. At this price, you’ll feel like you’re playing with the House’s money. Mild, Dominican-made, Candela-wrapped long-filler sticks for pennies.

Never tried and never will!

Ilovetosmoke68 wrote:




Joey, you would also have to admit that a Jose Piedra Cazadores is no walk in the park either 🇨🇮
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

I can't really answer this question. It is a journey that every noob must make themselves. I can say that there are entire brands that I avoid now because of repeat issues/too many bad sticks.

borndead1 wrote:



These should be listed
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

Josh, send all your full-strength, full-body cigars to me at once. Keep the dog rockets though.

erjaq wrote:



You can sort through both:) lol!!

Do you know a good chart of some kind that will sort them by strength?
That's the kind of intel I need.
erjaq
12 years ago
Some sites show the body, but I don't know of any that show the strength. You might just have to go through a phase of trial and error, and remember to have a sugary drink or to swallow a spoonful of sugar or something if you get nauseous.
rumraider
12 years ago
5 vegas gold maduro...the gold standard of crap
jeferris
robertsccr5
12 years ago
you know....my preferences would not have developed and progressed if I had not experienced the crappy cigars.

How do you measure how good you think a cigar is without a base to compare to? It's my opinion that it is essential to try as many different types of cigars as you can to build your palate.

Also, what I think is a bad cigar, you may enjoy. What I think is full strength, you may find medium or possibly mild strength. It's all subjective.
Bur
  • Bur
  • Herf-A-Holic
12 years ago

5 vegas gold maduro...the gold standard of crap

rumraider wrote:



Yep, even taking into account the recurring Gurkha bashing that goes on around here, the 5V Gold Maduro is nearly universally panned. Many of us have tried hard to love it, then maybe like it, then tolerate it, but yeah, it's pretty much a waste.

Which means someone is about to post how they love it, buy it by the box, have a dedicated humidor/coolerdor. 🤦
robertsccr5
12 years ago

Yep, even taking into account the recurring Gurkha bashing that goes on around here, the 5V Gold Maduro is nearly universally panned. Many of us have tried hard to love it, then maybe like it, then tolerate it, but yeah, it's pretty much a waste.

Which means someone is about to post how they love it, buy it by the box, have a dedicated humidor/coolerdor. 🤦

Bur wrote:




heyyy, how did you know??? I've tried time and again, they always have burn issues leading to canoeing, tunneling etc.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

you know....my preferences would not have developed and progressed if I had not experienced the crappy cigars.

How do you measure how good you think a cigar is without a base to compare to? It's my opinion that it is essential to try as many different types of cigars as you can to build your palate.

Also, what I think is a bad cigar, you may enjoy. What I think is full strength, you may find medium or possibly mild strength. It's all subjective.

robertsccr5 wrote:



A bad cigar to me is: bland, harsh burnt leaf taste, ashtray finish
I have only been in the game for a couple months now but have smoked dozens of dog rockets.
Diesel might be making this list, have a couple more to try.
Trying to give a better understanding of the general dislikes and reasonings. To save noobs some leg work.
robertsccr5
12 years ago

A bad cigar to me is: bland, harsh burnt leaf taste, ashtray finish
I have only been in the game for a couple months now but have smoked dozens of dog rockets.
Diesel might be making this list, have a couple more to try.
Trying to give a better understanding of the general dislikes and reasonings. To save noobs some leg work.

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:



A noble cause. This is your thread, feel free to start the list in your original post. Perhaps as you read through you can come back to it and continually update.

FWIW the worst cigars I have smoked are 5V Gold Maduro, CAO Black (not for flavor, I've just attempted to smoke at least 5 and all were plugged beyond repair), I absolutely hated the MoW Ruination (perfect example of subjective taste, I know most love this cigar), some Gurkhas such as Master Select and Doble Maduro I've had horrible experience with while I enjoy Gurkha's Ghost and Beauty.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

A bad cigar to me is: bland, harsh burnt leaf taste, ashtray finish
I have only been in the game for a couple months now but have smoked dozens of dog rockets.
Diesel might be making this list, have a couple more to try.
Trying to give a better understanding of the general dislikes and reasonings. To save noobs some leg work.

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:


Many cigars by AJ are a bit rough rott........but really come around after a year or so.
I've smoked some tasty Unlimiteds, UCs and Shorty's, once they've taken a nap..............and I like the Ruination once it has some time on it as well.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

Some sites show the body, but I don't know of any that show the strength. You might just have to go through a phase of trial and error, and remember to have a sugary drink or to swallow a spoonful of sugar or something if you get nauseous.

erjaq wrote:



I always have a coke on standby. If I start a dog rocket, I'm going to finish it kicking and screaming.
Like that Padilla. Got down to the nub and it turned very creamy. Still whooped me though.
dharbolt
12 years ago
As you get more smokes under your belt you will develop the ability to handle more of the vitamin n. aging room 356 used to put me down, one of my favs now.
jespear
12 years ago
[quote=opelmanta1900]so there's some problems with this...

the dog rockets sold here are constantly changing... sometimes it's a new rocket altogether, and sometimes it's the same rocket with a new label... but either way, new ones come along constantly...

In terms of yard gars, some people here smoke them and don't want you to drive up the prices on the ones they smoke...

there are definitely some people here who like black crowns... not me, but they are here...

Padilla actually makes some very nice cigars... just some, not a lot... they used to make some much better ones than they do now...
Yes they did . . . when under the watchful eye of DPG.

some of the botl's here probably have some padilla's buried in their humidor that are better than any cigar you've ever had...
Yes . . . Yes we do ! 👍
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

[quote=opelmanta1900]so there's some problems with this...

the dog rockets sold here are constantly changing... sometimes it's a new rocket altogether, and sometimes it's the same rocket with a new label... but either way, new ones come along constantly...

In terms of yard gars, some people here smoke them and don't want you to drive up the prices on the ones they smoke...

there are definitely some people here who like black crowns... not me, but they are here...

Padilla actually makes some very nice cigars... just some, not a lot... they used to make some much better ones than they do now...
Yes they did . . . when under the watchful eye of DPG.

some of the botl's here probably have some padilla's buried in their humidor that are better than any cigar you've ever had...
Yes . . . Yes we do ! 👍

jespear wrote:



Durn good flavor. Just strong.
kombat96
12 years ago
Patron- need I explain, yes plz


Fracking noobs
QMPASH
12 years ago
While the answer to your question is subjective (a matter of taste) and one man's meat is another man's poison, there is ONE dog rocket out there that I think nobody who ever tried to disagree with me would ever argue about. The name is "Fighting ****," which, I believe, is made in the Philipines. Tastes (to me) like wet grass and I didn't make it to the third puff.
QMPASH
12 years ago
I didn't put in the *****. Someone obviously thought the name suggested the male organ. It also can mean a male chicken (rooster). I wasn't aware that this site was politically correct.
Users browsing this topic