Just smoked a robusto (the original, cream-colored band) - funny you posted this right now!
This was one of two purchased over 6 months ago. This one, unfortunately, had a rather tight draw, which I've never experienced with a J Fuego product before.
The first third was creamy with a lot of stonefruit notes and a little typical corojo spice in the background.
2nd third the creamy became buttery, stonefruit disappeared and was replaced by wood and spice typical of many corojos.
The last third was a cacophony of bread, spice, wood, and pepper. The creamy/buttery note moved to the finish and coated my mouth with an almost-minty feel.
Beginning as a strong medium, this stick ended full (at least for me - I don't cotton to heavily-ligero-ed sticks such as LFD Double Ligero, Fausto, Litto Gomez, or MOW so YMMV).
All in all, not bad, but nothing outstanding with the exception of the persistent, pronounced creaminess. The cheroots of this line, I think, are much better.
I would love to try the Sangre del Toro as it is Criollo-heavy and I am a huge Criollo nut.
earthson wrote: