youngra
12 years ago
Berries, hmmmmmm, I'd say they are bad - send them to me for disposal!
dharbolt
12 years ago

Berries, hmmmmmm, I'd say they are bad - send them to me I'm low

youngra wrote:




:-"
wheelrite
12 years ago
people over analyze chit,,,

It's like when I hear "That cigar had hints of leather", really ?
So if you are a queer into Bondage you can relate to that nuance,,,,

if it's a good smoke, that's all it is,,,

wheel,,
stinger88
12 years ago
I find that CCs come across as just good cigars. I don't usually get all the hidden flavors. I really like a good, smooth cc.
KPP
  • KPP
  • Herf-A-Holic
12 years ago
You smoked a legit Monte 2, no doubt about t. It was young though...2013 as I recall? I've never got berry flavor from a Monte 2, but as has been said, each of our palates are different. If you tasted it, then that's all the matter. I'd be inclined to say your beer pairing had a significant amount to do with it though. If you enjoyed it, try smoking half your next Monte 2 with just water...then introduce the beer & see what happens. Experimenting with beer pairings and cigars is a helluva lot of fun. Some work, some don't. It's all part of the fun!
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago

people over analyze chit,,,

It's like when I hear "That cigar had hints of leather", really ?
So if you are a queer into Bondage you can relate to that nuance,,,,

if it's a good smoke, that's all it is,,,

wheel,,

wheelrite wrote:



I seriously disagree with this. It's not like I sit to analyze the cigar unless I am reviewing it. Leather is one I pick up often on a cigar that is good and usually a good sign of complex flavor changes throughout. Again, to each his own and that's why we can all probably find a cheap stick that really works for us or else it'd be expensive because of the demand for them. If I smoke and LP9 and an LFD Digger followed up with a good yard gar that I enjoy you can put your money on it that I'm able to say more about them than I liked it. I could choose to keep that to myself (which obviously I'm not) or I could talk about it (which I don't see stopping anytime soon). But, however you enjoy them, enjoy them.
rfenst
12 years ago

I seriously disagree with this. It's not like I sit to analyze the cigar unless I am reviewing it. Leather is one I pick up often on a cigar that is good and usually a good sign of complex flavor changes throughout. Again, to each his own and that's why we can all probably find a cheap stick that really works for us or else it'd be expensive because of the demand for them. If I smoke and LP9 and an LFD Digger followed up with a good yard gar that I enjoy you can put your money on it that I'm able to say more about them than I liked it. I could choose to keep that to myself (which obviously I'm not) or I could talk about it (which I don't see stopping anytime soon). But, however you enjoy them, enjoy them.

Puffnstuff79 wrote:



x1
Pluss, wheel smokes dog rockets
illinichaser
12 years ago

x1
Pluss, wheel smokes dog rockets

rfenst wrote:




I thought Wheel smoked Pedro? 😰 😰





























:-" :-"
rfenst
12 years ago

I thought Wheel smoked Pedro? 😰 😰

illinichaser wrote:



That goes without saying...
t33bone
12 years ago
I've had fruity taste in a few CC before but not sure which fruit it was. Just fruity.

I'm with him if his palate has gotten the raspberries. Kinda weird but you can't say what his palate didn't get out of a certain cigar. Maybe he ate the berries earlier or a drink that had some berry in it. Oh well, enjoy the CC's.
earthson
12 years ago
I've never had fruit from a Monte. From a good RyJ or HU Mag 50, yes. About half a box of 2009 RyJ Cazadores were raspberry goodness.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Those mag 50s are nice. Had my first the other day. I gave one to my cousin too just as he pulled in from work. He was zoning til he was reminded he had the BBQ duty
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Again, it's a lot to do with our description. When I blind reviewed a gar a bit ago I described leather but a red leather. I knew it didn't make sense to probably many people. When I found out the cigar I looked up other reviews and in the same part of the gar they pulled out dark cherry. I'm guessing a different description for the same taste
Users browsing this topic