zody
12 years ago
La Perla Habana Black Pearl from the time they re blended. The Perfecto maduro and Gran Belicoso maduro were great sticks.
zody
12 years ago
Anybody tried a Spectre?

Yup. Bought some for a try something off the wall. Lit it and swear I heard "And now, for something completely different."
I finished it and I would just say keep an open mind
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

Not my personal cup of tea but if you like latakia pipe baccy mixed with liquid smoke flavored beef jerky, you will love it.

I gave 3 to my neighbor and he really liked them.

TheSmokensip wrote:



that sounds like the worst cigar ever made... but then again I seriously haaaaaate latakia...
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

Diamond Crown Maduro and Regular both over rated over priced bla

Philly Jack wrote:



I've had a couple (thanks to delta) and enjoyed them immensely...

edit: I'm pretty sure the ones I had were the maximus, so maybe that was the difference...
delta1
12 years ago
The Diamond Crown Maximus is the only one of the three from that maker that I really like. The other two are the Julius Caesar and the Diamond Crown, all made in the Fuente factory for JC Newman.
nolen
12 years ago

La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial. Half were very tasty, but the others were plugged, kept going out and tasted harsh.

delta1 wrote:



My experience is the same with the LADC. I really like this cigar, but got tired of fighting with them.
nolen
12 years ago

Cuaba Salomons. I was expecting some bite but they where flat and mild.

Buckwheat wrote:


Hope you give them another try Buckwheat, my experience with them has been the same as Euodias - incredible.
propeller
12 years ago

I have cigar that I love the taste of but get so annoyed with the constant touch ups and re lights I don't smoke it anymore. Draig K from emilio, they taste so good but are a pain in the azz to keep burning right.

shaun341 wrote:



I've had this very same issue w/ this cigar. I now drybox these at a lower than "normal" drybox RH and have not
had any burn issues at all.
earthson
12 years ago
Gave up on AB many moons ago - got tired of the burn problems and the truckloads of lumber they see fit to include in their smokes. Even sent a letter to AB after every stick in a box was ****e. Their response, "We know our tobacco has a lot of stems. There's nothing we can do about it." They sent me an ugly hat for my troubles.

Padron Annis have always disappointed too - far too subtle to justify the price - am now just aging their core line smokes.

Opus X have been the kings of bad burn for me - over 20 sticks smoked (some 4 or 5 years old) and every one has been a chore. I stick to the Anejos now for my AF fix.
clickbangdead
12 years ago
Gosh, there have been so many, but the AB's are mostly rolled for asbestos it think. Also had issues with the Drag K's too, only had one burn right without constant relights, and that was after nearly two weeks in the dry box...
Abrignac
12 years ago

Gave up on AB many moons ago - got tired of the burn problems and the truckloads of lumber they see fit to include in their smokes. Even sent a letter to AB after every stick in a box was ****e. Their response, "We know our tobacco has a lot of stems. There's nothing we can do about it." They sent me an ugly hat for my troubles.

Padron Annis have always disappointed too - far too subtle to justify the price - am now just aging their core line smokes.

Opus X have been the kings of bad burn for me - over 20 sticks smoked (some 4 or 5 years old) and every one has been a chore. I stick to the Anejos now for my AF fix.

earthson wrote:




I've smoked many, many Anejo's. Never ever had a burn issue. One of the worst burning cigars I smoked was an Opus.

](*,) 😣 😣
shaun341
12 years ago
The opus is a new one to me not that I have smoked a bunch but 2 lost city 1 destino and a handull of regular opus and I don't remember any burn problems. Also love anejos myself and never a burn problem with them either.
Philly Jack
12 years ago

I've had a couple (thanks to delta) and enjoyed them immensely...

edit: I'm pretty sure the ones I had were the maximus, so maybe that was the difference...

opelmanta1900 wrote:



Yeah maximus whole nother story they are awesome.
Philly Jack
12 years ago

Anybody tried a Spectre?

Yup. Bought some for a try something off the wall. Lit it and swear I heard "And now, for something completely different."
I finished it and I would just say keep an open mind

zody wrote:




Yeah the Spectre is a turd tastes like a campfire that was put out with water
vtxrecruiter
12 years ago

Not my personal cup of tea but if you like latakia pipe baccy mixed with liquid smoke flavored beef jerky, you will love it.

I gave 3 to my neighbor and he really liked them.

TheSmokensip wrote:


Not to mention that they will ruin everything in your humidor!
Brendan992
12 years ago
Alec Bradley Prensado--terrible on all fronts.





gryphonms
12 years ago
I want to take a different direction on this theme. For me the the most dissapointing cigar I have smoked is an AVO robusto maduro. Had 1 after a 1 month nap meh. Had 1 after a 7 month nap meh. A well constructed cigar, but it had no maduro qualities that I could find. Smoked much more like a Connecticut. Very light flavor profile. No richness at all.
nolen
12 years ago
^ Have you tried the AVO Heritage gryphonms?
gryphonms
12 years ago
No, I assume it is more interesting? Thought about picking up a fiver of the XO in a robust format.
nolen
12 years ago

No, I assume it is more interesting? Thought about picking up a fiver of the XO in a robust format.

gryphonms wrote:



It has a very nice cocoa flavor... not infused though. It's def worth trying - don't think you will be disappointed.
Users browsing this topic