youngra
  • youngra
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Looking for some advise as I am splitting a lot of caps with my new Xikar punch. Maybe I'm not holding them close enough to the cap?? Thoughts appreciated, smokes are still smokable, mostly - ruined one MUWAT +11 - cracked her bad....[ram27bat]

RY
🇨🇮
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago
Have you tried a Falcon Punch?
frankj1
12 years ago
try a lumbar punch
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago

Looking for some advise as I am splitting a lot of caps with my new Xikar punch. Maybe I'm not holding them close enough to the cap?? Thoughts appreciated, smokes are still smokable, mostly - ruined one MUWAT +11 - cracked her bad....[ram27bat]

RY
🇨🇮

youngra wrote:



Had the same cigar have a horrible crack problem. May have been part that too.
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
Are you just pushing it straight in, or do you giver her a little twisting action?

(No... really, this is about a punch and a cigar.)

😕
youngra
  • youngra
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Still waiting for Palama to show up with a nice Hawaiian Punch....................................
mikey1597
12 years ago
I'm always up for a donkey punch.
sd72
12 years ago
Moisten the cigar, a punch is a personal item, push the punch lightly while twisting back and forth. Let the blade slice the cap, not push through it.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

Moisten the cigar, a punch is a personal item, push the punch lightly while twisting back and forth. Let the blade slice the cap, not push through it.

sd72 wrote:



^ THIS ^

sharing a punch cutter is like sharing a toothbrush...
clickbangdead
12 years ago
+2 if the cap isn't a little moist it'll crack most every time. I don't use anyone's punch but my own.
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Pu$$ies....I know who to send my used toothbrushes to now anyways.
Abrignac
12 years ago
I use a sharp guillotine cutter and snip very thin and clean. No problem.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
v-cut for the win.....
Palama
12 years ago

Still waiting for Palama to show up with a nice Hawaiian Punch....................................

youngra wrote:



🤣 Hoh! Asleep at the wheel! The perfect straight line but missed my chance for a zinger.... 🤦
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Xi2 and v. Punches are a thing of the past for me. A good percent of the time I was hacking the foot off because of build up. And no, I am not willing to slow down my smoking speed. I slowed down enough from cigs to cigars. I accept that my cig past stays with me to make me a faster cigar smoker than normal but that tends to be ok with anything but the punch
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Oh and yeah, ahem, moisten the tip
stogiemonger
12 years ago
I've damaged about 1/4 of the caps I've punched. I gave up on the punch for this reason.
chazbo
12 years ago

+2 if the cap isn't a little moist it'll crack most every time. I don't use anyone's punch but my own.

clickbangdead wrote:


There is enough saliva licked on most cigars when then make them#-o
V-cut problem solved 🇨🇮
dstieger
12 years ago

Have you tried a Falcon Punch?

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:



Or, perhaps a 'BT' punch? ......sigh....I am getting old
youngra
  • youngra
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Thanks all for the replies - 🍺 🌫

I've always moistened the tip when using my cutter, guess I never thought of that with a punch. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. And yes I do the twist and push [whip]

RY
🇨🇮
Users browsing this topic