KingoftheCove
12 years ago
simple?...............hmmmm....................."licensing agreements", "under license", "exclusive rights", manufacturing and marketing "agreements", "brand name" rights.....................all very simple I guess.......

Trish will come in here and explain it all.................I'm sure it's really simple
Porksoda
12 years ago
Actually it is simple. Are the cigars made by AVO in a special size just for them, or are they made for this site under licence.. Someone needs to address this don't you think?
cacman
12 years ago
Fair question I'd be curious to hear the answer to.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
Of course you should get an answer.
So let us say AVO "makes" them in a special size for this site.......................is it the same tobacco as the 5.5? Same tobacco ratios? Same torcedors? Same amount of "storage" time before shipping, etc.

Lots of variables here, and that's just in the case that AVO IS in fact making them for here.......

If it's some other arrangement, as in "Under License", well then the variables increase exponentially.......
bs_kwaj
12 years ago

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1834229/AVO-XO-Robusto-5-Cigars/

bs_kwaj wrote:


Interesting that these are described as 5x50 and the robustos over at CI are 5.5x50.

Heck, I don't care. I bid anyway. 🍺
Porksoda
12 years ago

Of course you should get an answer.
So let us say AVO "makes" them in a special size for this site.......................is it the same tobacco as the 5.5? Same tobacco ratios? Same torcedors? Same amount of "storage" time before shipping, etc.

Lots of variables here, and that's just in the case that AVO IS in fact making them for here.......

If it's some other arrangement, as in "Under License", well then the variables increase exponentially.......

KingoftheCove wrote:




Exactly correct. The diff is that if AVO is making them, then they would use the same XO blend and just make them shorter. They would be an AVO blended cigar. But, if they are under license, then all that goes out the window. Thats why I am being a little fussy about this. If I pay for AVO blend and quality I want AVO blend and quality.
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago
For the small cost difference, I personally wouldn't bother with some mystery "exclusive".
delta1
12 years ago
The "difference" may explain the drop in the floor price on Free Fall and other auctions and more frequent offerings of the XO here.

I was very happy with the last score of XO and Domaines, until I smoked them...
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

speaking of "thin ice" and joining DP............dude!

KingoftheCove wrote:



See? I did everything I could to put the heat on myself and convince this guy to just walk away...

but in truth porky, please give dp my hello's... I heard they lined his sport's coat with ron mexico's after they did the deed so at least you'll have something to smoke...
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago

The "difference" may explain the drop in the floor price on Free Fall and other auctions and more frequent offerings of the XO here.

I was very happy with the last score of XO and Domaines, until I smoked them...

delta1 wrote:



Were the ones you won this new "exclusive" size? Or a regular production cigar?
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

Interesting that these are described as 5x50 and the robustos over at CI are 5.5x50.

Heck, I don't care. I bid anyway. 🍺

bs_kwaj wrote:



You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

🇨🇮
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

For the small cost difference, I personally wouldn't bother with some mystery "exclusive".

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:


^^This
And I ask myself.....

Why are they even bothering to make another, virtually "identical" line?

Makes me wonder......
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

If I pay for AVO blend and quality I want AVO blend and quality.

Porksoda wrote:



well you are almost certainly not getting it... you're probably getting a cbid quality, cbid exclusive... just like the gurkha's here, just like the graycliff's, and - ya I'll say it - just like the la perla's that go dpnewell killed...
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

well you are almost certainly not getting it... you're probably getting a cbid quality, cbid exclusive... just like the gurkha's here, just like the graycliff's, and - ya I'll say it - just like the la perla's that go dpnewell killed...

opelmanta1900 wrote:


😱


8-[
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

^^This
And I ask myself.....

Why are they even bothering to make another, virtually "identical" line?

Makes me wonder......

KingoftheCove wrote:



because if an AVO costs them $2 and they sell it for $3, they didn't even double their money...

if they make they're own AVO for $.25 and sell it for the same $3 the real AVO's go for, they just made 12 times their money...

by the time we are having this conversation, plenty of people have been already duped, plenty of money has already been made...

they do it because a dishonest dollar still just counts as a dollar to the accounting department...
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

because if an AVO costs them $2 and they sell it for $3, they didn't even double their money...

if they make they're own AVO for $.25 and sell it for the same $3 the real AVO's go for, they just made 12 times their money...

by the time we are having this conversation, plenty of people have been already duped, plenty of money has already been made...

they do it because a dishonest dollar still just counts as a dollar to the accounting department...

opelmanta1900 wrote:


😱







give my regards to DP
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago
http://www.cigarbid.com/FORUM/c/profile/71597/TrishSCigarBid  ), her last login/activity was at 5:08; five minutes before the question was asked. It stands to reason that she might not have even seen the question yet.
Porksoda
12 years ago

For the small cost difference, I personally wouldn't bother with some mystery "exclusive".

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:





Correct sir! This will be the path I take going forward. It's a shame that a brand such as AVO has this type of thing attached to it here.
delta1
12 years ago

Were the ones you won this new "exclusive" size? Or a regular production cigar?

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:




I checked to see what I bought, about 6 months ago: The XOs were labeled Intermezzo at 5.5 x 50 and the Domaines were labeled robustos at 5 x 50, not 5 1/8 x 50 as listed by AVO.


I might do the taste test myself because I like the XO line, which has been very consistent until the last batch I bought here.

Porksoda
12 years ago
I think I will apply this to the Monte Cristo churchill "Extra"s as well. Couldnt find that size anywhere else either.
Users browsing this topic