Speyside
11 years ago
Wonder if they have ever sold one at any of their companies.
danmdevries
11 years ago
I'm sure somebody buys this crap. Someone with more money than sense will buy just for bragging rights to say they smoked a $400 cigar.
tamapatom
11 years ago

I'm sure somebody buys this crap. Someone with more money than sense will buy just for bragging rights to say they smoked a $400 cigar.

danmdevries wrote:


Owning and not smoking it gives you bragging rights for a longer time......I'd love to see a blind taste test and see how it compares. .. . I will participate if someone wants to donate for research.
gummy jones
11 years ago

Owning and not smoking it gives you bragging rights for a longer time......I'd love to see a blind taste test and see how it compares. .. . I will participate if someone wants to donate for research.

tamapatom wrote:



i too offer my services as a guinea pig in the gurkha challenge
danmdevries
11 years ago
Not me.

Don't care to say I did it and don't plan on ever ashing another Gurkha
gummy jones
11 years ago

Not me.

Don't care to say I did it and don't plan on ever ashing another Gurkha

danmdevries wrote:



how dare you show such disrespect to "his majesty!!!"
tonygraz
11 years ago
I'm in for the challenge too. Gurkha does make some good cigars, but the bulk are mediocre and a few are just awful. I've probably smoked 40 or 50 different varieties and yet to have one explode. A lot of smokers just hate them.
tamapatom
11 years ago

I'm in for the challenge too. Gurkha does make some good cigars, but the bulk are mediocre and a few are just awful. I've probably smoked 40 or 50 different varieties and yet to have one explode. A lot of smokers just hate them.

tonygraz wrote:


I had never tried Gurkha and then i read that the 125th got a high score from CA mag.....so when i saw it pretty reasonably priced I bought one and said OK....not bad but........maybe I don't have a sophisticated enough palate......I've had no inspiration to try again.

Someone gave me a beast to try but I haven't got around to it because it is such a large honker, the opportunity to burn through something that big hasn't presented itself. Now that i have seen an LFD lunatic it doesnt look that big anymore....I'll have to fire it up.
Speyside
11 years ago
I agree in general with Tony about Gurkha cigars. What I dislike is their marketing. No one else markets their cigars like this.
MACS
11 years ago
I could get a whole box of Coro for less... and have money for beer.
delta1
11 years ago
Speyside
11 years ago
True., true.
tamapatom
11 years ago
Reminds me of Trump. All sizzle. No steak.
tonygraz
11 years ago
Auction closed - no bids.
99cobra2881
11 years ago
That's a shocker.
QMPASH
11 years ago
I see that nobody, even the noobs, have bitten on this one. People are either getting smarter or nobody is biting at the copywriting. Probably a POS anyway.
TMCTLT
11 years ago

You're a madman

gummy jones wrote:




No he has NO taste....
tonygraz
11 years ago
But I do have brains. Eat your hearty out.
Abrignac
11 years ago
I've got a friend that smokes a lot of Gurkha's. Usually a I supply the smokes when we get together. Every now and then I'll smoke one of his to be polite. Afterwards, I curse myself for it. They all seem to have that "special" taste and IIRC the wrapper and sometimes the binder split on every one of them I smoked. In Gurkha's defense, he does store his smokes at 70%.
TMCTLT
11 years ago

But I do have brains. Eat your hearty out.

tonygraz wrote:




Yes....as do we all. It's to what degree that we differ, yours seems to be stuck in your adolescent stage. In all fairness, I adhere to the " smoke what you like and like what you smoke " mantra. 🍺
Users browsing this topic