jimbud
  • jimbud
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
10 years ago
I am sitting at my cigar club reading this. Good stuff. I'm stopping at target on the way home to hopefully get a Rubbermaid.
dharbolt
10 years ago

There was absolutely NO odor to my coolidor at all using Gorilla Glue. It came recommended to me by a couple of local carpenter friends because it doesn't have an odor when it dries and it would bond well with wood to the plastic interior. I don't know maybe you just glued it, stuffed it full and then closed the lid...that's NOT the way I did mine. I had plenty of time and wasn't rushed. I didn't slather it on like mayo on a Turkey on rye either. Thin even coats and I made sure the glue was going to "marry" up to the cooler and not some blank space. It took a little time to get the cuts right but that's where having used boxes came in handy.

I have one cooleridor that I just leave the cigars in the boxes for aging and the other is lined like I detailed. Yeah, its more work than most would put into it but it was something I wanted to do for my singles...FWIW...it does a great job and that's why I recommended it.

You have to spend some time doing the dollar bill trick finding a cooler with a great seal. Oh, what's that? Don't use a dollar bill it might smell? Yeah...whatever. Don't freaking panic and cry like a little bitch. Place a dollar bill on the open ridge of the cooler...close it...if you can pull the dollar bill out with little to no effort...find another one until it's snug and offers resistance. What's that? You're not supposed to have a good seal either? Well, I don't know what these other people do but I don't have a basement here in Florida...my cooleridor stays at a consistent 65% and I don't soak the beads...lightly moisten them and run your finger through them or put the beads in a pair of panty hose...what's that...oh yeah...don't use them first like the crybabies...put the beads in them and moisten it with distilled water...DON'T SOAK IT! Put it in a container of your choosing...I use a Glad food container...what's that? Yeah it's **** safe. Don't put your sandwich in it or use it for anything else BUT your humidor.

If you want...because it's an investment you could slipline the lid ridge and make it a tighter seal...but I didn't do that...I just found one that already had a tight enough seal at the store when I bought it.

There was someone here that posted pics of theirs and they used that white wire closet shelving material to make dividing trays...it was a nice touch...looked great...I would rather buy another box of cigars than that though...that's just me. I guess, it really is up to you and what you want to do. It's yours...it's your cigars too. I can tell you that once I went to the cooleridor I got rid of the 10 humidors I had around the house. They're not the nicest to look at but I'm not fiddling around trying to get the humidity right in mine though...been there and done that.

Meh, smoke 'em if ya gots 'em. If you're worrying about it too much...let your wife build it.

DrMaddVibe wrote:




The picture was mine. The shelves cost 14 dollars. One 4' shelf cut in pieces makes 3 perfect shelves. A box of cigars? For 14 dollars? No wonder you are so damn grumpy.

Buy better smokes, you will make everyone here much happier when your incessant bitching stops. 😂
Covfireman
10 years ago
I've searched but I can't find the brand of kitty litter that's recomended .

Will Exquisicat work ? And what about the blue crystals?
cacman
10 years ago

I've searched but I can't find the brand of kitty litter that's recomended .

Will Exquisicat work ? And what about the blue crystals?

Covfireman wrote:


NO!!!!
[argh]

You just didn't ask for a recommendation for a product a cat defecates on to put in your humi did you???
[barf] [spank] [spank]
DrMaddVibe
10 years ago

The picture was mine. The shelves cost 14 dollars. One 4' shelf cut in pieces makes 3 perfect shelves. A box of cigars? For 14 dollars? No wonder you are so damn grumpy.

Buy better smokes, you will make everyone here much happier when your incessant bitching stops. 😂

dharbolt wrote:




I seriously doubt it it was yours.

This was from YEARS ago AND it was cedar lined!

As for what I smoke...its what I smoke. Not my fault I got privileges.


Sorry you personalized the rest of it.
BuckyB93
10 years ago

I've searched but I can't find the brand of kitty litter that's recomended .

Will Exquisicat work ? And what about the blue crystals?

Covfireman wrote:



Opened a can of worms here.

(Yes, Exquisicat works for me, blue crystals and all)
dstieger
10 years ago
http://www.cigarbid.com/FORUM/c/posts/647108/A-coolerdor 

I'm with Robert and Dylan. Don't overthink it. Buy cooler, cigars, hygrometer and humidification. Put last three into the first. Go smoke a cigar.
dharbolt
10 years ago

I seriously doubt it it was yours.

This was from YEARS ago AND it was cedar lined!

As for what I smoke...its what I smoke. Not my fault I got privileges.


Sorry you personalized the rest of it.

DrMaddVibe wrote:




Fair enough.
Mr. Jones
10 years ago
jimbud....

i forgot to tell you....
but...

Rubbermaid coolers are hard to find....
they are not regular items at walmart, kmart or target...
I think ACE HARDWARE OR TRUE VALUE carry them year round...watch for a sale!!!
mostly in spring and summer sale fliers....
jimbud
  • jimbud
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
10 years ago

jimbud....

i forgot to tell you....
but...

Rubbermaid coolers are hard to find....
they are not regular items at walmart, kmart or target...
I think ACE HARDWARE OR TRUE VALUE carry them year round...watch for a sale!!!
mostly in spring and summer sale fliers....

Mr. Jones wrote:



Thanks. I struck out at Target. They only had Igloos that had a pretty bad smell.
NapalmMan67
10 years ago
FWIW- I use Coleman Extreme coolers, I heard the better insulation controls temp swings (if that matters?). Both my 70 and 100qt. I got brand new, neither one had the plastic smell. I washed them and let them air dry for a few hours is all. The 70 I got for free and the 100 was $52.00 on sale I think.

Plug the drain hole- yes, I used the push in drain hole plug that came with each cooler. Seems to work as designed.

I use 1/2lb of 65% Heartfelt beads in the 70 and 1lb in the 100. Holds the humidity consistently at 65/66% rh in each. I only use the boxes cigars come in for "liner" to stabilize humidity.

Just my .03 if it matters.
frankj1
10 years ago

I seriously doubt it it was yours.

This was from YEARS ago AND it was cedar lined!

As for what I smoke...its what I smoke. Not my fault I got privileges.


Sorry you personalized the rest of it.

DrMaddVibe wrote:


pretty sure it was DPNewell
DrMaddVibe
10 years ago

pretty sure it was DPNewell

frankj1 wrote:




I know it was around the 2001 - 2002 timeframe. I used to think they were ugly and why bother, but once I had one and saw how easy it is to keep cigars...unless I was making a walled in one or converting a closet...I wouldn't bother with a regular humidor...ever again.
Covfireman
10 years ago

NO!!!!
[argh]

You just didn't ask for a recommendation for a product a cat defecates on to put in your humi did you???
[barf] [spank] [spank]

cacman wrote:



LOL my cat would never
jimbud
  • jimbud
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
10 years ago

pretty sure it was DPNewell

frankj1 wrote:




What did happen to DPNewell? He disappeared during my hiatus. As did lou2row.
bassman45
10 years ago

What did happen to DPNewell? He disappeared during my hiatus. As did lou2row.

jimbud wrote:


I believe Dave had some sort of beef with CBID.


R.I.P. Dave
frankj1
10 years ago
27 year ban

couldn't be the pic DMV is talking about if from 2001. But Dave did have a detailed DIY w/pics of a cooler and white wire shelves with Spanish cedar. Very sweet, but overkill.
dharbolt
10 years ago

I believe Dave had some sort of beef with CBID.


R.I.P. Dave

bassman45 wrote:




Indeed he did. He pops in to another forum from time to time.
KingoftheCove
10 years ago
RIP DP................
tonygraz
10 years ago
I don't see Lou2row on the members list, but I do remember him. I don't know if the purge the list to include only members with a minumum of activity or just delete inactive members.
Users browsing this topic