Panama Red1
10 years ago
I was recently given a bottle of 16 yr old triple cask
distilled BALVENIE scotch.. Anyone one had this , It is fantastic.
Whistlebritches
10 years ago

I was recently given a bottle of 16 yr old triple cask
distilled BALVENIE scotch.. Anyone one had this , It is fantastic.

Panama Red1 wrote:



Not that one in particular.......but I am a fan of Balvenie,the Doublewood 17 is the best I have had.
delta1
10 years ago
I hate diabetes...
ZRX1200
10 years ago
So does Wilford Brimley.
Burner02
10 years ago

Not that one in particular.......but I am a fan of Balvenie,the Doublewood 17.

Whistlebritches wrote:




+1
madspackler
10 years ago
Just about to finish a bottle of their 15 YO single barrel. Fantastic scotch IMHO
Speyside
10 years ago
Overall Balveine is geat. I am not a fan of the Caribbean cask, it is to sweet for me.
victor809
10 years ago
Port wood 21
Burner02
10 years ago

Overall Balveine is geat. I am not a fan of the Caribbean cask, it is to sweet for me.

Speyside wrote:




Would have to agree.
tamapatom
10 years ago
jjanecka
10 years ago
I am more of a Macallan and Aberlour guy but Balvenie is great. Also if you like smokey scotches, ardbeg is one of the best.
ZRX1200
10 years ago
The 12 Doublewood is an excellent beginner's scotch along with Glenmorangie and Glenlevit.

It's also complex enough for ame experienced drinker. Never had the Caribbean but I agree with Victor.
SmokeMonkey
10 years ago
I haven't had a Balvenie I haven't liked, but I quite enjoy the sweeter notes of the Caribbean Cask.
shaun341
10 years ago
I have had the 14 Caribbean and the 12 Doublewood and I prefer the 12 Doublewood, also like Glenlivet 12 but mostly prefer bourbon or rye over scotch. I only go for a taste of scotch once in a blue moon anymore.
xibbumbero
10 years ago
I'm a Lagavulin 16 Junkie. X 👍
qmech
10 years ago
The Caribbean is excellent..
qmech
10 years ago
The Caribbean is excellent..
Speyside
10 years ago
X, gotta agree about the Lagavulin 16.
ZRX1200
10 years ago
Shaun, you should really try the Glenlivit Nadurra Olorosso cask aged.
MACS
10 years ago

The 12 Doublewood is an excellent beginner's scotch along with Glenmorangie and Glenlevit.

It's also complex enough for ame experienced drinker. Never had the Caribbean but I agree with Victor.

ZRX1200 wrote:



The doublewood 12 is great. The 17 is better.

Never had the Portwood 21, but at $200+ a bottle... I know why.
Users browsing this topic