Carib1
10 years ago

I guess the cops should have waited and confirmed he was in fact reaching for a gun and pointing it at them before they shot... I dunno...


It just seems like common sense to me.. there would have been plenty of time to complain about being treated unfairly, if that was the case, to a judge or an attorney the next morning.. just sit down or lay down or what ever they ask.. especially if there's a gun pointed at you...


I think they said the Lady cop got to the scene first and called for back-up.. I'm guessing he had none or very little respect for the Lady cop and things prolly got weird...

It's a bad deal all around.... 😟

DrafterX wrote:



It IS a bad deal all around. You guys have no idea ,unless you are in law enforcement, the "lack of respect" these
people show officers. I see it daily and it really is sickening. Perps of all ages have no respect for ANY authority,
police or not.

Damn racist cops.....
DrMaddVibe
10 years ago

Hillary's gonna tell the white peoples to stop... it'll be ok soon... if she gets elected that is... 😟

DrafterX wrote:







LOLZ!!!!


The US government is the BIGGEST DRUG CARTEL!!!!
Speyside
10 years ago
Interesting statement in that she distances herself from white people.
TMCTLT
10 years ago

Not doing what the cop is telling them to do . Kill them . If the cop says hey you Jews wear stars . Do it .if the cop says everyone give us your guns do it . To many people are blindly supporting the police . I don't see it as a race thing but as an economic one but I'm light skinned so I don't know anything about racism .





Covfireman wrote:




#-o


You are " the good little democrat aren't you? I'm not aware of cops making Jewish folks wear stars....are YOU?

Have you had one demand your guns?

Too many people blindly supporting people who CAN'T or WON'T follow orders for a PEACEFUL resolution to the spot they're in.

So this guy got shot because he was poor?

No....NO you don't know anything about racism but that doesn't stop you from making foolish statements does it?
DrafterX
10 years ago
Of course that depends on her audience.. 😟
Speyside
10 years ago
Terrible statement cove. During the Holocaust Jewish people were made to wear yellow stars.
DrafterX
10 years ago
😟
DrafterX
10 years ago
Sharpton is on his way to Tulsa... he'll straighten everything out... tho the family already seems pleased with the cooperation the city has shown them so far... 😟
teedubbya
10 years ago

Terrible statement cove. During the Holocaust Jewish people were made to wear yellow stars.

Speyside wrote:




I think that was the point. A position of authority told them to and you must obey authorities.

There are plenty of interesting reads about the reaction to the requests even at the point of separating adults from children. Some obeyed authorities assuming that's what you should do and everything would be alright (the way we are conditioned) others did not.

I'm not sure what happened in tulsa and not ready to jump on either side like most are. I do get the point however.

signed fencepost
Speyside
10 years ago
Then I don't agree with how the point was made. It was a classless statment.
opelmanta1900
10 years ago
teedubbya - just pick a side... once the facts come out, if we find out we're wrong, we'll just sneak over to the other side while no one is looking... I do it all the time...
DrafterX
10 years ago
The thing in Tulsa is pretty clear depending on where you're standing... He had no respect for the female officer and refused to comply and got shot... or she was trigger happy and shot him because he didn't comply... either way, he shoulda just complied... 😟



it is interesting how the media is making him out to be a boy scout tho.. they reported he was a student at TCC but the school said the evening class he enrolled in was canceled so he never actually attended.. He was making an effort tho I guess.. 😟
dstieger
10 years ago
I'm ok with the Cove comments as written. Point made and not 'classless' to me.

I'm just down the fence from TW on the next post. I've always believed that cop authority is to be respected. And even if not truly respected or undeserved, the only smart move is to pretend.
But, its also clear to me that a lot of cops are screwing up lately....in some pretty surprising and glaring ways...while knowing full well that the eyes of the world are watching every move. I've been in those shoes and personally know very well how even the most 'routine' traffic stop can put even the best officers in anxious, if not scary and precarious positions. And I get that cops have been targeted and that makes things even worse...but there's too many people killed who do not present an immediate lethal threat. Hindsight/armchairing is unfair, but jeez....I get that people are upset
opelmanta1900
10 years ago

I'm ok with the Cove comments as written. Point made and not 'classless' to me.

I'm just down the fence from TW on the next post. I've always believed that cop authority is to be respected. And even if not truly respected or undeserved, the only smart move is to pretend.
But, its also clear to me that a lot of cops are screwing up lately....in some pretty surprising and glaring ways...while knowing full well that the eyes of the world are watching every move. I've been in those shoes and personally know very well how even the most 'routine' traffic stop can put even the best officers in anxious, if not scary and precarious positions. And I get that cops have been targeted and that makes things even worse...but there's too many people killed who do not present an immediate lethal threat. Hindsight/armchairing is unfair, but jeez....I get that people are upset

dstieger wrote:


pretty much sums up exactly what I was thinking... but I'm prone to hemorrhoids so I'm just leaning against the post... you guys look super uncomfortable up there...
DrafterX
10 years ago
I think if I felt I was being harassed I'd make it clear verbally they were being **** but you can bet my hands will be where they can see them... And I'm sure as hell not going to make any sudden moves or walk away.. there's gonna be time to sort all the bad stuff out later... 😟
opelmanta1900
10 years ago

The thing in Tulsa is pretty clear depending on where you're standing... He had no respect for the female officer and refused to comply and got shot... or she was trigger happy and shot him because he didn't comply... either way, he shoulda just complied... 😟



it is interesting how the media is making him out to be a boy scout tho.. they reported he was a student at TCC but the school said the evening class he enrolled in was canceled so he never actually attended.. He was making an effort tho I guess.. 😟

DrafterX wrote:



I found it more interesting that the cop in the helicopter was so quickly able to observe that Terence Crutcher was obviously a "bad dude"...

What bothers you more? The media making him out to be a good guy, or the people who were about to kill him making him out to be a "bad dude"...
opelmanta1900
10 years ago

I think if I felt I was being harassed I'd make it clear verbally they were being **** but you can bet my hands will be where they can see them... And I'm sure as hell not going to make any sudden moves or walk away.. there's gonna be time to sort all the bad stuff out later... 😟

DrafterX wrote:


was there time for Sandra Bland?
victor809
10 years ago
I'm surprised (no I'm not) at how many people here are damn sure people should always do exactly what authority tells you. And that the appropriate escalation for not doing what an authority figure tells you is getting shot.


DrafterX
10 years ago
Nobody said it was appropriate to get shot... 😟
dstieger
10 years ago

I'm surprised (no I'm not) at how many people here are damn sure people should always do exactly what authority tells you. And that the appropriate escalation for not doing what an authority figure tells you is getting shot.


victor809 wrote:



If that is becoming clear....then, I guess those getting shot should be expecting it....not surprised, anyway
Users browsing this topic