MACS
9 years ago
^Prolly still works better than most.
Gene363
9 years ago
My TomTom, our GM systems and my Garmin always got us there, but my wife can too. My wife, who at one time worked for the Auto Club, is an excellent map reader. I am good at reading maps too so I could get by without a GPS.

If you are lucky enough to only drive where streets are clearly naked and visible both day and night or only drive in familiar locations you probably don't need a GPS. If you have ever tried to find a location at night, in a strange city with unmarked or poorly marked street a GPS is one handy little device.
coolbreeze68
9 years ago
2015 Silverado.
Better than previous yrs, my old eyes like the big screen. I turn her voice off tho, she doesn't flirt back.
Oh, Gene, has a passenger override. I learned if I throw a case of water on the seat it thinks I have a passenger.
Then the seatbelt dingy thing pings every 5 min...Dayum it
frankj1
9 years ago

2015 Silverado.
Better than previous yrs, my old eyes like the big screen. I turn her voice off tho, she doesn't flirt back.

coolbreeze68 wrote:



cooldude, as we get older and lose our looks, we have to make them laugh.
Chicks dig that in a guy.
coolbreeze68
9 years ago
That broad has no sense of humor. And since chicks dig me, I blame it on her being stuffed inside my dash.
DrMaddVibe
9 years ago

Awesome - Galaxy S7 with Google Maps Nav.

Never had a car with OEM Nav.....can't say I have any need for one

dstieger wrote:




+1 this.
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
I still use paper maps from
TRIPLE AAA AUTO CLUB...

THEY ARE FREE...

AND ONLY MANLY MEN READ PAPER MAPS...

BITCHE$'s USE ELECTRONIC *****
DIRECTION DEVICES
tailgater
9 years ago

I still use paper maps from
TRIPLE AAA AUTO CLUB...

THEY ARE FREE...

AND ONLY MANLY MEN READ PAPER MAPS...

BITCHE$'s USE ELECTRONIC *****
DIRECTION DEVICES

Mr. Jones wrote:



You misspelled erection.
KingoftheCove
9 years ago

You misspelled erection.

tailgater wrote:


=d>
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
I use my iPhone for short trips and our Garmin for longer trips that I want to use my phone during the drive. I like both, never have problems with either. Never had a car with a built in navi system.
8trackdisco
9 years ago
Navigation system?

Son: above average.
Wife: lost.
plinytheelder
9 years ago
2016 Mazda 6.
I've never had a nav sys before, I just used maps.

No inputs allowed while car is moving, even by the pax.
You can zoom out a click while driving to see neighborhoods next to where you are driving and see what kind of shortcut you have been missing all along...
coolbreeze68
9 years ago
If I can get her to say "park it in rear" just once.....I'll leave the sound on.
shaun341
9 years ago
No built in nav system but I do have one of those Garmin or whichever brand GPS and it works pretty good but the updates take forever to load. You elitist with your built in navis
Brewha
9 years ago
I'm happy with the one in my 2012 Infiniti. They wan $100 for map updates (they can blow me) but other than that I love it.

The one in my wife's Caddy is a CUE system - and sux is so many ways that I to use it.
Brewha
9 years ago

Too manly for GPS, I consider it a woman's addon.

jjanecka wrote:


😟

Maybe if you got a woman to show you how to use one.......
delta1
9 years ago
Garmin Nuvi is OK, Google maps in a Samsung Galaxy5 with Sprint service is OK., but Garmin sometimes works when I lose the cell signal.
DrafterX
9 years ago
I like the one in my Taurus. .. not sure what the software is tho... got a decent size screen and never had an issue with the touch screen... 😟
SteveS
9 years ago
The navigation system in both my cars is outstanding ... I have no GPS, but do the navigation myself and rarely experience even the slightest difficulty. And even then, I am able so speedily resolve the issue ... not long ago, some friends picked MrsS and I up for dinner and en route to the restaurant, I suggested there was a far easier route to take ... he took my tip and we cut about 5 miles and 10 minutes from the trek ...
jjanecka
9 years ago
Takin them backroads eh?
Users browsing this topic