frankj1
9 years ago
NWStogie
9 years ago
What the heck is it that you are employed to do? What is this type of work that you refer to? It's tough to wrap my brain around the amount of downtime you imply.

If you have access to an Internet connection and have time for non-work stuff at work, I'd recommend some online study with Lynda.com or Pluralsight.com. Great ways to explore/expand/improve.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

If you were my son and wrote this, my foot would be firmly in your a$$.



Why would you wait until "after your vacation"? If you want to make a change, make it now.

JadeRose wrote:



Because vacation is already paid for and planned. If I get a new job there is a high chance I wouldn't be able to get off work for it. That is the only reason.

Plus I am clueless on what I want to do as a next job. I am not a fan of my industry but don't have time to get schooling for something else. So in a way I am kind of stuck.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

What the heck is it that you are employed to do? What is this type of work that you refer to? It's tough to wrap my brain around the amount of downtime you imply.

If you have access to an Internet connection and have time for non-work stuff at work, I'd recommend some online study with Lynda.com or Pluralsight.com. Great ways to explore/expand/improve.

NWStogie wrote:



I am an international shipping forwarder. My job fully relies on requests from customers and outside sales bringing us business. I follow up with customers searching for upcoming shipments but they all know to contact us when they have something so that is generally fruitless. I have tried to help sales find leads but they always ignore them so I stopped doing that. I have a couple of projects I am working on but am waiting on info from others so I have to just wait. Trust me, I try to find stuff to do but it doesn't usually help much.

First quarter is usually our biggest so I should be getting busy soon.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

how bout a fresca?

teedubbya wrote:



Orange whip?
Orange whip?
Orange whip?

Three Orange whips.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

Weren't you just complaining about losing leave as your company reorganized/consolidated? Weren't you also talking about some mental health challenges? I sense some good opportunities for you.

Why don't you help your employer out and let them know that you need more work? Clearly, something in the reorganization went awry if you are getting your work done and still have time to diddle CBid 500 times a day.

Imagine not being bored at work. Imagine leaving each day with a sense of accomplishment. Imagine what that would do for your mental health?

I kind of wish you worked for me. I'd love to kick your @$$ outta neutral and see what you could accomplish. You are a prolific writer and seem like a good guy. My guess is that you have much more to offer.

Just my 2¢. On my lunch hour.

NWStogie wrote:



^
You and I may be the same person.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

I would need a new job for that. Probably going to start looking after my vacation this year in June.

Hank_The_Tank wrote:



What is your occupation?
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

What is your occupation?

8trackdisco wrote:



Just posted it a couple posts up.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

I hear pedometers are changing working environments. Encouraging physical well being and productivity. Maybe you could suggest a "pedo" party.

SMOKEYOU wrote:



I disagree with you suggesting he become a kid toucher.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

Because vacation is already paid for and planned. If I get a new job there is a high chance I wouldn't be able to get off work for it. That is the only reason.

Plus I am clueless on what I want to do as a next job. I am not a fan of my industry but don't have time to get schooling for something else. So in a way I am kind of stuck.

Hank_The_Tank wrote:



The point is, unless your current skill set is in high demand, you likely aren't going to find a career in a week or two. Find out what you are good at, pair that with something you enjoy, update the resume, and start building your lead pipeline.

You get that rocking and you'll be in a better position, vs sitting around.
SMOKEYOU
9 years ago

I disagree with you suggesting he become a kid toucher.

8trackdisco wrote:



Pedo parties are in. See how many you can get by the end of the day?

Maybe step counter challenge?
8trackdisco
9 years ago
Little kids under a counter?

Just wrong.
DaQueenBeez
9 years ago

The point is, unless your current skill set is in high demand, you likely aren't going to find a career in a week or two. Find out what you are good at, pair that with something you enjoy, update the resume, and start building your lead pipeline.

You get that rocking and you'll be in a better position, vs sitting around.

8trackdisco wrote:



I think 8track is on the right track. Reaching out for a human contact here (well, such as it is around here!) is not weak or bad or a waste of time. Human connections are never a waste of time. However, a lot of our anxiety and negative, generally poopy feelings can be better helped by combining connection and action. Be pro-active - decide on an achievable, short term goal and focus on it. Worry about the next step after you have reached the first one. You will feel better being productive and moving forward toward something - anything! And focus on the positive- what you love about your current job. My job pays less than peanuts...which is a huge source of anxiety. I don't experience the anxiety much, though, because my job makes me HAPPY (and exhausted and frustrated and poor...but happy.) if you can't find something like that in your job - you deserve better! Take 8track's advice and start taking the baby steps toward something better!
Abrignac
9 years ago

Weren't you just complaining about losing leave as your company reorganized/consolidated? Weren't you also talking about some mental health challenges? I sense some good opportunities for you.

Why don't you help your employer out and let them know that you need more work? Clearly, something in the reorganization went awry if you are getting your work done and still have time to diddle CBid 500 times a day.

Imagine not being bored at work. Imagine leaving each day with a sense of accomplishment. Imagine what that would do for your mental health?

I kind of wish you worked for me. I'd love to kick your @$$ outta neutral and see what you could accomplish. You are a prolific writer and seem like a good guy. My guess is that you have much more to offer.

Just my 2¢. On my lunch hour.

NWStogie wrote:



Pay no attention. Opel is a wind bag. If your mental health is an issue. Switch hands. Nothing will pick you up like a little strange.
frankj1
9 years ago

Pay no attention. Opel is a wind bag. If your mental health is an issue. Switch hands. Nothing will pick you up like a little strange.

Abrignac wrote:


Anthony, you are like a genius!
teedubbya
9 years ago
Not exactly. Everyone knows you need to sit on it until it's asleep before it can really be strange.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago

Pay no attention. Opel is a wind bag. If your mental health is an issue. Switch hands. Nothing will pick you up like a little strange.

Abrignac wrote:



Damn Anthony... why didn't I think of that.

You're like a scholar n' stuff.
frankj1
9 years ago

Damn Anthony... why didn't I think of that.

You're like a scholar n' stuff.

bgz wrote:


see # 36...he's a maven on strange.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago

Not exactly. Everyone knows you need to sit on it until it's asleep before it can really be strange.

teedubbya wrote:



So does the T in TW stand for tucker?
Abrignac
9 years ago

see # 36...he's a maven on strange.

frankj1 wrote:



Strange? Wiping your ass then licking your fingers is strange.

The folks at Oxford put out an RFC seeking revolutionary concepts to describe TW's behavior.
Users browsing this topic