TMCTLT
  • TMCTLT
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
United Airlines is in Deep Cacca after forcibly removing a passing from a flight THEY overbooked.....and then forcibly removed him from his seat and dragged him down the aisle!!!


https://www.everipedia.com/united-airlines-flight-3411-april-2017/ 
jjanecka
9 years ago
Been doing everything I can to keep from flying the. They are the world's worst!
chazbo
9 years ago
PR nightmare, already suspended the guy who took him off the plane. I see a big lawsuit in the near future.
Speyside
9 years ago
Fly the fiendly skys, um not so much.
Gene363
9 years ago
They later tried too blame, 'fluxuations' in bookings for the problem.

That $800+ they didn't want to pay is going to cost them million$. After the civil trial, a hate crime trial?

I hate airline with a passion, United sucks even more now.
m j toal
9 years ago
Did this incident happen in North Korea or Somalia?
Luke753
9 years ago
TMCTLT
  • TMCTLT
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

I heard what actually caused this was that United had four employees they needed to get to Louisville....so after realizing they over-booked they simply decided their employees getting to their destination was MORE important than getting their PAYED PASSENGERS there ans so ripped this man from his seat.
DrafterX
9 years ago
yep.. and the cops acted like hired bodyguards for United... If there wasn't a crime they shoulda left.. 😟
SteveS
9 years ago
well, it's a damn good thing it wasn't me they decided to force off the plane ... good because at my age, I'd have no doubt sustained injuries that I just can't be sustaining all willy-nilly, but also because there'd have been a much more X-rated quality to the now widely seen video ... and, I'd be suing United and the police agency that abetted them for enough money that not only would I never have to consider whether my cigar purchases were within my budget, my children and grandchildren would be in tall cotton for life ...

Easily one of the more outrageous things I've ever seen or heard about in the way of corporate abuse (and I'm generally on the corporate side of "issues")
Abrignac
9 years ago

yep.. and the cops acted like hired bodyguards for United... If there wasn't a crime they shoulda left.. 😟

DrafterX wrote:




That depends. Lots of "what if's." Does the plane fall under federal or state jurisdiction?

In at least one scenerio the police were right (I haven't seen the video). Suppose the incident took place in state jurisdiction. If there is a law where the owner, or agents for the owner can ask someone to leave and they refuse, then I can see probable cause to arrest and charge a person with trespassing or something similar. If that's the case and he was given a summons or booked absent any other obfuscating detail then I'd say the police did their job properly.
dstieger
9 years ago
Clearly not handled well by anyone involved.

But, when did it become ok to disobey flight attendants giving lawful instructions (orders?)

I thought that they have been anointed with a certain level of authority on airplanes that (probably?) includes asking passengers to disembark. Not saying that United and probably the LEO's weren't wrong. But I think the passenger bears some responsibility, as well.
sd72
9 years ago
Why didn't they just reaccomadate the 4 employees with a flight landing at the same time, or pay them the 800? They whole, by purchasing this ticket you agree to anything we say stuff either.
Just Relax
9 years ago
I don't think they had another option on the flight crew. If they didn't catch that plane it caused a cancelled flight the following day, but seems that the option for a stand by crew in Louisville wasn't a better option or even available. What I didn't realize was that they can randomly pull people off. If I booked a flight 6 months in advance I have the same chance of being bumped as one who booked last minute. I guess I assumed once the flight was near full the tickets sold near the end had a note saying that there is potential that you will be bumped. So how random was it? Did they just pick passengers that booked a single ticket? What if I was flying with my spouse and one of us got the random draw? We wouldn't go without the other. Would one of us then be voluntarily giving up a seat without compensation?

To be able to pull random paying passengers off and wrecking their plans seems like poor business practice to me.
Buckwheat
9 years ago
In response United has released a new PSA on their flights.



dstieger
9 years ago
How the **** does he get 're-licensed' to practice medicine? .....in a 'limited capacity'!?!?!?!?!

Only place he should be traveling to is prison....
Gene363
9 years ago

In response United has released a new PSA on their flights.



Buckwheat wrote:



👍
Gene363
9 years ago


Are you saying they looked up his record and picked him because they thought he deserved to get thrown off?
Users browsing this topic