oserrato32
9 years ago
This is the story of an auction I won for a box of Cuba Libre's for 28.00. After winning that auction, I received the following email...

This is an automated email from CigarBid.com to notify you that bidding on the following lot has ended and you have a winning bid. Your order will be submitted in correspondence to your account shipping preference.

Lot #: 2530677
Lot Title: Cuba Libre One Churchill - Box of 20
Your Winning Quantity: 1
Your Current Winning Bid: $28.00
Lot Closes: 3/7/2017 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/2530677 

Myself, and 8 other unfortunate bidders won a box of churchill Cuba Libre's, only to have the item switched to A SINGLE Acid Opulence Robusto, after the auction.

If you go to the auction, you'll notice the picture is of a Cuba Libre, but they inexplicably changed the named product to an Acid.

An obvious mistake right? Nobody, even on this sight would spend 28.00 on a robusto, and if they would, it sure as hell wouldnt be that one...

I've called endless times, never ever spoke to anyone...ever. All I get is put on death hold. Emailed numerous times, opened multiple tickets. They get the tickets alright, and simply close them, without fixing the situation.

I did get my order, and sure enough, I received one robusto. It's sitting in my humidor as a symbol of anger and disdain that grows by the day, presently directed at Cbid.

CBid Customer Service used to be top notch, but over the last couple months I struggle to even get a tracking number for my orders. My last order on Cbid was made over a month ago, and I received it last week. I used to spend between 200 to 500 a month on this site, and won't spend another dime until they make this situation right.

ZRX1200
9 years ago
You spend $200-$500 per month on cigars.....

And you bid on Cuba Libres?????

Hmmmmm.
jespear
9 years ago
This is for the original poster.
READ READ READ !
](*,) (sheesh)
oserrato32
9 years ago
Yeah, I bid on all kinds of cigars....Expensive and Cheap....

Also, eff you Cigar Snob.

Doesn't matter if it was a 2 dollar order, or 200...people should get what they ordered.
oserrato32
9 years ago

This is for the original poster.
READ READ READ !
](*,) (sheesh)

jespear wrote:



I DID READ....

Did you read the email confirmation I posted? When I bid, they were cuba libre's, after the order, it was chaged to a single Acid. 8 people bid on the same thing, all for $28.00 for a box of cigars, not a single robusto.

Or you're right, blame me, CBid's been doing awesome lately.
sfg391
9 years ago

Yeah, I bid on all kinds of cigars....Expensive and Cheap....

Doesn't matter if it was a 2 dollar order, or 200...people should get what they ordered.

oserrato32 wrote:



You really don't have a clue as to what is going on at CBid, do you ?
I don't even know why I'm taking the time to address this with you, as it has been HEAVILY documented in thread after thread after thread . . .
Do like jespear says and READ READ READ ! ! !

sfg
jjanecka
9 years ago
You probably saw a pic of the cuba libres and the text read acid single the whole time. Can't help it you can't read. Cbid makes it clear that the photo may not represent the product.
jespear
9 years ago

I DID READ....

Apparently, NOT ENOUGH !

Did you read the email confirmation I posted? When I bid, they were cuba libre's, after the order, it was chaged to a single Acid. 8 people bid on the same thing, all for $28.00 for a box of cigars, not a single robusto.

Or you're right, blame me, CBid's been doing awesome lately.

oserrato32 wrote:


oserrato32
9 years ago

You really don't have a clue as to what is going on at CBid, do you ?
I don't even know why I'm taking the time to address this with you, as it has been HEAVILY documented in thread after thread after thread . . .
Do like jespear says and READ READ READ ! ! !

sfg

sfg391 wrote:



I'm telling you that the TEXT changed....not the picture...THE ACTUAL TEXT ADVERTISING THE CIGAR. I and 8 OTHER CUSTOMERS READ, that we were getting NOT A ACID ROBUSTO.
oserrato32
9 years ago

You probably saw a pic of the cuba libres and the text read acid single the whole time. Can't help it you can't read. Cbid makes it clear that the photo may not represent the product.

jjanecka wrote:



That is not what happened, the title of the lot item changed after the bid ended. I copy and paste the name of the cigar to read the reviews of something new I want to try. It was originally listed IN TEXT as a cuba libre, a box of them. After the lot ended, it was changed...whether that's software error, or something else....it was changed.
tailgater
9 years ago
What about HV of Honolulu?
He won three single robustos at $28 each!

CBid's new business model is genius.
oserrato32
9 years ago

You really don't have a clue as to what is going on at CBid, do you ?
I don't even know why I'm taking the time to address this with you, as it has been HEAVILY documented in thread after thread after thread . . .
Do like jespear says and READ READ READ ! ! !

sfg

sfg391 wrote:



No I don't know, and why would I? I'm a customer, this is the first time I've ever posted in this forum, and only because I can't get a hold of anyone at the company. What I do know after doing some brief reading is that everything at Cbid is effed at the moment.

I've been a Cbid customer for years.
gummy jones
9 years ago
I'll be a normal human being
That sucks
Sneaky at best and potentially much worse
#1Acid_Fan!!!
9 years ago

This is the story of an auction I won for a box of Cuba Libre's for 28.00. After winning that auction, I received the following email...

This is an automated email from CigarBid.com to notify you that bidding on the following lot has ended and you have a winning bid. Your order will be submitted in correspondence to your account shipping preference.

Lot #: 2530677
Lot Title: Cuba Libre One Churchill - Box of 20
Your Winning Quantity: 1
Your Current Winning Bid: $28.00
Lot Closes: 3/7/2017 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/2530677 

Myself, and 8 other unfortunate bidders won a box of churchill Cuba Libre's, only to have the item switched to A SINGLE Acid Opulence Robusto, after the auction.

If you go to the auction, you'll notice the picture is of a Cuba Libre, but they inexplicably changed the named product to an Acid.

An obvious mistake right? Nobody, even on this sight would spend 28.00 on a robusto, and if they would, it sure as hell wouldnt be that one...

I've called endless times, never ever spoke to anyone...ever. All I get is put on death hold. Emailed numerous times, opened multiple tickets. They get the tickets alright, and simply close them, without fixing the situation.

I did get my order, and sure enough, I received one robusto. It's sitting in my humidor as a symbol of anger and disdain that grows by the day, presently directed at Cbid.

CBid Customer Service used to be top notch, but over the last couple months I struggle to even get a tracking number for my orders. My last order on Cbid was made over a month ago, and I received it last week. I used to spend between 200 to 500 a month on this site, and won't spend another dime until they make this situation right.

oserrato32 wrote:



I was one of the other 8 people who bid on this item and this guy is full o' sheet.

The auction was always for an Acid Opulence Single. There was never any indication otherwise. MSRP on this stick is $437.48 so getting it for $28 is essentially stealing rom CigarBid.

I talked to the other 7 guys who bid on this auction and they're all sick of this guy ruining the great Acid prices we get around here by complaining about this made-up issue.
crgcpro
9 years ago

I was one of the other 8 people who bid on this item and this guy is full o' sheet.

The auction was always for an Acid Opulence Single. There was never any indication otherwise. MSRP on this stick is $437.48 so getting it for $28 is essentially stealing rom CigarBid.

I talked to the other 7 guys who bid on this auction and they're all sick of this guy ruining the great Acid prices we get around here by complaining about this made-up issue.

#1Acid_Fan!!! wrote:



Worst Troll job and Ghost account we have seen around here in years!

Try harder!

It has to suck to win an auction, get the item switched to something as **** as an Acid (would have been worse if they sent you a whole box of Acids), then they ignore your attempts at getting it fixed. I have some sympathy for this guy.

Op you need to get that Acid out of your humidor before it ruins the rest of your cigars unless perfume flavored cigars is your thing.
tonygraz
9 years ago
They probably substituted because the Cuba Libras were still wet.
m j toal
9 years ago

I was one of the other 8 people who bid on this item and this guy is full o' sheet.

The auction was always for an Acid Opulence Single. There was never any indication otherwise. MSRP on this stick is $437.48 so getting it for $28 is essentially stealing rom CigarBid.

I talked to the other 7 guys who bid on this auction and they're all sick of this guy ruining the great Acid prices we get around here by complaining about this made-up issue.

#1Acid_Fan!!! wrote:



Very funny! I like your brand of humor!
Palama
9 years ago
I would raise h-e-l-l with my credit card company and refute the charge.
ZRX1200
9 years ago
I've herfed with #1 Acid Fan, he's legit even though he likes Acids.
DrafterX
9 years ago
You got acid..?? 😕
Users browsing this topic