Stinkdyr
9 years ago
Get yurseffs an IBM Watson Pad.

=d>
fishinguitarman
9 years ago
Hmmmm gotta check it out
fishinguitarman
9 years ago

You need to go back and read the many intelligent messages you ignored when you asked for computer advice before. Granted, it can be tough to sift them out of the usual shenanigans here, but they were there.

If you are still reading, try this with your dead iPad: Hold the wake/sleep button together with the home button for about 10 seconds plus, when the apple logo comes on the screen let buttons go and it should start normally.

Gene363 wrote:




Tried it but to no avail🤣
BuckyB93
9 years ago
Try this place.

https://discountcomputerdepot.com/ 

I've bought from them before with no issue.
Gene363
9 years ago

Tried it but to no avail🤣

fishinguitarman wrote:



Sounds like a dead battery, they can be replaced, even out of warranty Apple will do it. According to the link below Apple charges $99. You can do it yourself or have a repair shop do it for you for less than Apple charges.

https://www.lifewire.com/replacing-dead-ipad-battery-1999813 

Even at $99, it beats the crap out of buying a replacement iPad.
fishinguitarman
9 years ago

Sounds like a dead battery, they can be replaced, even out of warranty Apple will do it. According to the link below Apple charges $99. You can do it yourself or have a repair shop do it for you for less than Apple charges.

https://www.lifewire.com/replacing-dead-ipad-battery-1999813 

Even at $99, it beats the crap out of buying a replacement iPad.

Gene363 wrote:




Ill check it
fishinguitarman
9 years ago

Ray I do love my iPad but if it dies tomorrow I'll go with an android tablet.For the coin lots of good choices out there.............been looking at a Fire HD 10

Whistlebritches wrote:




Ima gonna check that too !
fishinguitarman
9 years ago
No more opinions ???? Oh I forgot that ur all old farts n don't know techs
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago
No, we just think you are a douche and won't help you.
fishinguitarman
9 years ago

No, we just think you are a douche and won't help you.

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:



Geez I know imadouche but I figured u of all peopl would help me😭
MACS
9 years ago

No, we just think you are a douche and won't help you.

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:



Brutal.
fishinguitarman
9 years ago
I know right?

U would think the best techie on the boards would help a guy out?
DrafterX
9 years ago
I thought you just bought one... wasn't there another thread..?? 🤔
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago

Geez I know imadouche but I figured u of all peopl would help me😭

fishinguitarman wrote:


8-[

It really depends what you want to do with the computer.

If you are just looking for basic operations (web, minor office stuff, limited photo work, farcebook etc) and to keep the cost down, Costco has some deals on Lenovo systems right now that bring some of them down to just under $500, same price range as some of the HPs. Most of these are 6th gen Core i5 w/ 8-12GB of memory, which is plenty for those types of operations.

If you go up another $100, then you get a bit faster CPU and around 16GB of memory.

This is where the break is, you start to get to a point where you would be much better served performance wise with a solid state hard disk (SSD). You drop back down to 240 GB or so (maybe 320) from 1TB, but it'll access 5-10 x faster. Most people never need even that much space (240 GB) on their computers anymore though, especially with the ease and low cost / free cloud storage out there like google photos and such (it's a tax write off to them to give away petabytes of storage, plus the make money on the metrics), amazon storage included with your prime membership, etc.

Unfortunately, the only low cost notebooks that I see at costco which have SSDs are Acers. I can't, in good conscience recommend them, they are kind of like the Yugo of computers. You might have to jump up a bit in price or go elsewhere.

If you go elsewhere, I recommend also looking at Asus systems. Dell sometimes has deals on their website. They have a clearance section that sometimes has great stuff, and sometimes just has overpriced obsolete systems. Current generation of HP computers seem flimsy to me, but I guess they are holding up.

If you buy the extended square trade warranty, costco has the best deals on them that I've seen.

As for tablets, the new Samsungs are nice, but freaking expensive. You can get the older design Tab-A for decent price though.

I can't help with iPads or any Apple product.
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago

I know right?

U would think the best techie on the boards would help a guy out?

fishinguitarman wrote:



He already did, post 16.
Gene363
9 years ago

He already did, post 16.

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:



😊
Users browsing this topic