Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
This weekend while at my buddy's cabin, we stumbled across a couple bottles of scotch that looked pretty old. They had notes on them that they were opened 12 years ago for tasting. Not sure how much older than that they were. Based on how tattered the labels were, it seemed like they were older.

Does anything know anything about these? Given they were in the cabin, I assume they are pretty cheap stuff. However, with the age, they weren't too bad. Enjoyed the first and the second wasn't too shabby, despite being very light.

JW Dants Blended Scotch Whisky - This was the better of the two. Pretty strong. Nothing special about it, but enjoyed it.

Rare Justerini & Brooks - This one was very light tasting, not bad by all means, but not a whole lot to it.
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago

This weekend while at my buddy's cabin, we stumbled across a couple bottles of scotch that looked pretty old. They had notes on them that they were opened 12 years ago for tasting. Not sure how much older than that they were. Based on how tattered the labels were, it seemed like they were older.

Does anything know anything about these? Given they were in the cabin, I assume they are pretty cheap stuff. However, with the age, they weren't too bad. Enjoyed the first and the second wasn't too shabby, despite being very light.

JW Dants Blended Scotch Whisky - This was the better of the two. Pretty strong. Nothing special about it, but enjoyed it.

Rare Justerini & Brooks - This one was very light tasting, not bad by all means, but not a whole lot to it.

Hank_The_Tank wrote:




Distilled spirits don't mature once bottled. Unless you left those out in the sun, they are basically the same as they were 12 years ago.
illinichaser
9 years ago

Distilled spirits don't mature once bottled. Unless you left those out in the sun, they are basically the same as they were 12 years ago.

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:




Its truly amazing the number of people that don't understand this.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
Interesting, good to know. I had no idea. Either way, they weren't bad.
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
Yet nobody asks the obvious... wtf were you and your buddy doing by yourselves in a remote cabin?

freak.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

Yet nobody asks the obvious... wtf were you and your buddy doing by yourselves in a remote cabin?

freak.

bgz wrote:



You are the freak for asking...pervert.

It was a great weekend. River fishing in waders, poker, cigars, beer, scotch, relaxing with no kids. It was so difficult to come back to work yesterday.
tailgater
9 years ago

Its truly amazing the number of people that don't understand this.

illinichaser wrote:



Why is that amazing?


And I don't think it's a matter of "understanding", so much as it's just something that isn't well known.


You may not have been going for pretentious. But mission accomplished.

Course, it's all in the tone, and forum posts are devoid of these.

For instance, you may think I'm being helpful. But I was going for full-on a$$hole.



bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago

You are the freak for asking...pervert.

It was a great weekend. River fishing in waders, poker, cigars, beer, scotch, relaxing with no kids. It was so difficult to come back to work yesterday.

Hank_The_Tank wrote:



It's ok hank, I heard from my receptionist that straight(ish) guys are going at it with each other now all the time...

it's ok buddy, no one is going to judge you for it... well, most people won't...
ZRX1200
9 years ago
As long as you don't get a woody while he's shagging you, you're not gay.
illinichaser
9 years ago

Why is that amazing?


And I don't think it's a matter of "understanding", so much as it's just something that isn't well known.


You may not have been going for pretentious. But mission accomplished.

Course, it's all in the tone, and forum posts are devoid of these.

For instance, you may think I'm being helpful. But I was going for full-on a$$hole.



tailgater wrote:



I do think its a matter of understanding.

And I was going for pretentious, so thank you for understanding that much.


I learned a long time ago you are anything but helpful. But that's ok. I'm an a$$hole to.
illinichaser
9 years ago

Yet nobody asks the obvious... wtf were you and your buddy doing by yourselves in a remote cabin?

freak.

bgz wrote:




I learned a long time ago not to ask questions I don't really want to know the answer to. . .
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago

I learned a long time ago not to ask questions I don't really want to know the answer to. . .

illinichaser wrote:



Just trying to help out ol' spanky, his whiney writing style, and his overthinking of... pretty much everything, makes me think he's just a man that is not yet comfortable with his own femininity.

I think I have to agree with z on this one, pretty sure hank was the one taking it at the cabin.

Oh, and I think it's painfully obvious... I too am an a$$hole!
illinichaser
9 years ago
🇨🇮
Speyside
9 years ago
Liqueur in bottle deteriorates over time. Heat and light hurt it even if it is unopened. After it has been opened it is hurt by oxidation.
frankj1
9 years ago
back to the op...

if it's the cabin I'm thinking of, i opened those bottles, drank half of each, and then refilled with pizz.

The good news is it was Scotch pizz.
RMAN4443
9 years ago

back to the op...

if it's the cabin I'm thinking of, i opened those bottles, drank half of each, and then refilled with pizz.

The good news is it was Scotch pizz.

frankj1 wrote:



not knish pish? :-"
SteveS
9 years ago


JW Dants Blended Scotch Whisky
Rare Justerini & Brooks

Hank_The_Tank wrote:


I think you may have them mixed up, here ...

JWDants is a Kentucky Bourbon ... J&B Rare is a blended Scotch
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
So does anyone know anything about the two? Are they considered good, or junk? I am still new to scotch/bourbon, so I don't have a super developed palette. I either like it or don't. No clue what is considered good, whether that be by taste or price.

JW Dants said it was Scotch on the bottle...distilled and blended in Scotland...
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

Liqueur in bottle deteriorates over time. Heat and light hurt it even if it is unopened. After it has been opened it is hurt by oxidation.

Speyside wrote:



They were being stored in a cubby with a curtain in front of it. So it shouldn't have been hurt too much by heat or light. Although, who knows how it was stored over the years.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

I too am an a$$hole!

bgz wrote:



+1
🇨🇮
Users browsing this topic