I have a Mark III 22/45 I use to shoot the NSSF Rimfire Challenge. I have a little tool* with a loop of steel cable to grab the dissembly lever and reassembly is easy once you get the trigger stirrup in the proper place. It's a little fiddly, but not too bad.
The 22/45 is essentially the same pistol with the grip angle of a Colt 1911, it will also accept 1911 grip panes with a little bit of modification.
The newer model would be nice, but I've made the following modifications I would need to repeat on a new pistol.
Eliminated the magazine safety
Replaced the hammer and sear with Volquartsen Firearms Target replacements
Eliminated the loaded chamber mechanism
Replaced the firing pin and extractor with enhanced replacements from Tandemkross
Installed a Tandemkross Victory trigger
Majestic Arms walnut grips
Mounted a C-More red dot sight
* Gunsmither MKIII and 22/45 Pistol Pal
Gene363 wrote: