8trackdisco
9 years ago

After a just a little research it appears the popo caused this.Pushed the legal group out of the park and protected the anti's.I am on the side of those who won the lawsuit,however inviting David Duke was stupid..........stupidest thing they could have done.WTF has become of my country?

Whistlebritches wrote:



The prior president spent 8 years dividing the country.

Are you really surprised we are here?

Guess I was wrong when I said President Bush was an idiot. I had not idea what 8 years of Obama and 7 months of Trump was a possibility.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

why didn't Obama step up and say we need to preserve history and learn from it.. 😟

DrafterX wrote:



Because it would play poorly with his base. Those people screaming COEXIST! at the top of their lungs- as long as everyone co-existsts on the their terms.

Black Lives Matters ok. In fact, celebrated.

All Lives Matter, not okay.

More fracturing.
frankj1
9 years ago

Agreed, I don't see a statue of Robert E. Lee as being offensive. He is a part of our history and was as fine of a gentleman as he was a general.

Speyside wrote:



I can't argue your point about General Lee...but below is lifted from internet stories, perhaps the NY Times, not sure

"The planned rally was promoted as β€œUnite the Right” and both its organizers and critics said they expected it to be one of the largest gathering of white nationalists in recent times, attracting groups like the Ku Klux Klan and neo-Nazis and movement leaders like David Duke and Richard Spencer."

in this post, I am neither condemning nor supporting the anti crowd, but I have serious doubt that the pro-statue crowd was doing so because Lee was a "fine gentleman". It is because they are haters of at least one entire race, and parts of others for sure.

as for my stance on such issues, I can only speak for this lib (per usual) but I support the freedom of even the ugliest speech. The uglier allowed, the freer we are.

In fact, I am on record here several times over the years supporting the ACLU's defense of Nazis marching in Skokie, and I'd really like for them to have a big cable network...filth that they are.

despite some physical altercations, in general I expected comments similar to the Colin K taking a knee thread(s)...ie he is allowed to do so, but he must also face the consequences (read: reaction/pushback) to it. The lack of that equal time response surprises me.
teedubbya
9 years ago
I'm not for taking the statue down. I am for putting a larger General Sherman statue next to the loser.
JadeRose
9 years ago

Great job stereotyping an entire state of people, Jade.

Very progressive.

You should really peel off the Coexist bumper sticker from your Toyota Pius.

8trackdisco wrote:





Zip it, ya beer-drinkin cheese eater.
Speyside
9 years ago
Frank, they are horrible people. My comment about Lee was more directed to Mattie, I don't think the statue should be taken down due to today's political correctness.

If they had the correct permits, then they had every right to be there. I don't know if they did or didnt.
JadeRose
9 years ago

And blaming Trump for not condemning this enough just confirms how far the left will go to discredit him.. why didn't Obama step up and say we need to preserve history and learn from it.. 😟

DrafterX wrote:






The world is only Black and White to stupid people. I hope you're really not this dumb, Drafter. This isn't about a statue of some loser General. 99% of those white supremacist $hitheels couldn't tell you anything about Robert E. Lee other than the fact he was named after a cool car the Duke boys owned. The same way some inner city gang banger couldn't tell you anything about MLK other than than that's the street he sells crack on. Those people aren't there to defend a statue. They are there to intimidate. They are there to promote their vile way of life and to spread their gospel of hatred. Hatred towards those who don't look like they do. Hatred towards those who don't live like they do. Hatred towards those whose stereotypes they BELIEVE. One of my co-workers and best friends is Puerto Rican. He is as American as you or I. He also happens to be brilliant and I've talked to him about going back to PR at some point to run for Governor as I KNOW he could help them out of the financial mess they are in. He was/is a great find by my company and will undoubtedly be my boss someday. He's also been spat at and told to "Go back to Mexico , ya f*ckin ****" by people that aren't fit to shine his shoes. Look around our own board here. I've read reference to you being of Latino descent. I don't know if that's true or not and I don't care other than if it IS true...in the eyes of these people, you gotta go. Frank and Rfenst are Jewish as I'm sure others are too. Are you $hitting me? They killed JESUS and they control the world's money! They gotta go! Tbone....black man. Doesn't matter if he is hard working firefighter in Cincinnati and one of the most generous Botl's you'd ever want to meet. Back to Africa with him! I have daughters...do you? Well....good. Because my daughters and yours will be great for keeping a home and making babies someday. Nothing more, of course, because women need to know their place. Hell...look at MACS. He looks like Freddy Mercury. Must be queer, right? Gotta GO!

You are right about this not being about Trump. It isn't. But a President has a responsibility to set the tone. Do you think W woulda said what Trump said? Bush Senior? Reagan? I don't. I think they would condemn hatred as strongly as they could have. Because they are/were decent men. Trump is NOT a decent man. He's a megalomaniacal psychopath that is incapable of decency. He has no moral compass. I don't think he hates non-white people. I think he is incapable of even considering anyone but himself. Which emboldens the idiots because they see his lack of condemnation as a sign of support. F*ck these scum and f*ck trump, too.
DrafterX
9 years ago
Would you feel better if Trump had the National Guard cut them down..?? πŸ˜•
JadeRose
9 years ago

Would you feel better if Trump had the National Guard cut them down..?? πŸ˜•

DrafterX wrote:








"The world is only Black and White to stupid people."
DrafterX
9 years ago
So I've heard.. what are you trying to say..?? You're opinion is right and everyone else is wrong..?? πŸ˜•
TMCTLT
9 years ago

The world is only Black and White to stupid people. I hope you're really not this dumb, Drafter. This isn't about a statue of some loser General. 99% of those white supremacist $hitheels couldn't tell you anything about Robert E. Lee other than the fact he was named after a cool car the Duke boys owned. The same way some inner city gang banger couldn't tell you anything about MLK other than than that's the street he sells crack on. Those people aren't there to defend a statue. They are there to intimidate. They are there to promote their vile way of life and to spread their gospel of hatred. Hatred towards those who don't look like they do. Hatred towards those who don't live like they do. Hatred towards those whose stereotypes they BELIEVE. One of my co-workers and best friends is Puerto Rican. He is as American as you or I. He also happens to be brilliant and I've talked to him about going back to PR at some point to run for Governor as I KNOW he could help them out of the financial mess they are in. He was/is a great find by my company and will undoubtedly be my boss someday. He's also been spat at and told to "Go back to Mexico , ya f*ckin ****" by people that aren't fit to shine his shoes. Look around our own board here. I've read reference to you being of Latino descent. I don't know if that's true or not and I don't care other than if it IS true...in the eyes of these people, you gotta go. Frank and Rfenst are Jewish as I'm sure others are too. Are you $hitting me? They killed JESUS and they control the world's money! They gotta go! Tbone....black man. Doesn't matter if he is hard working firefighter in Cincinnati and one of the most generous Botl's you'd ever want to meet. Back to Africa with him! I have daughters...do you? Well....good. Because my daughters and yours will be great for keeping a home and making babies someday. Nothing more, of course, because women need to know their place. Hell...look at MACS. He looks like Freddy Mercury. Must be queer, right? Gotta GO!

You are right about this not being about Trump. It isn't. But a President has a responsibility to set the tone. Do you think W woulda said what Trump said? Bush Senior? Reagan? I don't. I think they would condemn hatred as strongly as they could have. Because they are/were decent men. Trump is NOT a decent man. He's a megalomaniacal psychopath that is incapable of decency. He has no moral compass. I don't think he hates non-white people. I think he is incapable of even considering anyone but himself. Which emboldens the idiots because they see his lack of condemnation as a sign of support. F*ck these scum and f*ck trump, too.

JadeRose wrote:



You are SO RIGHT.....so why didn't the half White half Black sonnofabitch who held that office SET THE PROPER TONE???? BECAUSE HE WAS / IS A RACIST POS who USED that office to spread his brand of hatred. The kind that Martin Luther King would have BEEN ASHAMED OF and would have said so aloud for everyone to hear. It is unfortunate that the Black Community as well as the rest of us got a well versed RACIST for our 1st Black President....we sure could have done MUCH BETTER. Whoever your PC drill sergeant was....they did a GREAT JOB WITH YOU....#look@yougogirl!!!!


"The world is only Black and White to stupid people."

JadeRose wrote:




Yeah well.....it's only RAINBOW colors for the PCers who are told " how to think " and follow suit nicely...
JadeRose
9 years ago

So I've heard.. what are you trying to say..?? You're opinion is right and everyone else is wrong..?? πŸ˜•

DrafterX wrote:







Lol......Jesus....forget it. Tell us what you had for lunch.
DrafterX
9 years ago
You crack me up too... 😟
JadeRose
9 years ago

You are SO RIGHT.....so why didn't the half White half Black sonnofabitch who held that office SET THE PROPER TONE???? BECAUSE HE WAS / IS A RACIST POS who USED that office to spread his brand of hatred. The kind that Martin Luther King would have BEEN ASHAMED OF and would have said so aloud for everyone to hear. It is unfortunate that the Black Community as well as the rest of us got a well versed RACIST for our 1st Black President....we sure could have done MUCH BETTER. Whoever your PC drill sergeant was....they did a GREAT JOB WITH YOU....#look@yougogirl!!!!

TMCTLT wrote:






Whoa! Did I hit a little close to home here?
JadeRose
9 years ago

I can't believe y'all aren't jumping all over this.

Mattie B wrote:





and btw...there you go, Mattie.
TMCTLT
9 years ago

Whoa! Did I hit a little close to home here?

JadeRose wrote:




Not in the least Sweetie...do you sleep in rainbow colored jammies so you wake feeling " centered "
What no comment on your HERO Barry and his racist broad of a wife and THEIR divisiveness?
JadeRose
9 years ago

Not in the least Sweetie...do you sleep in rainbow colored jammies so you wake feeling " centered "
What no comment on your HERO Barry and his racist broad of a wife and THEIR divisiveness?

TMCTLT wrote:






Wow......thank you for the intelligent discourse. David Duke would be proud of you.
DrafterX
9 years ago
You're sounding kinda black & white there Jade.. 😟
JadeRose
9 years ago

You're sounding kinda black & white there Jade.. 😟

DrafterX wrote:





He started it...the stinky Doo Doo head.
DrafterX
9 years ago
Users browsing this topic