Burner02
9 years ago
Hard to believe it has been 16 years.

Been watching 3 part series from History channel, the Road to 9/11. A lot of facts and events that I had forgotten and some that I did not know.

Depending on who you believe, it appears that Clinton's administration had up to 9 chances to take out Bin Laden prior to 9/11.

Prayers up for the affected families.
teedubbya
9 years ago
Interesting to mention and focus on one administration. Bin Laden could have also been taken out while being supported and trained by the Reagan and Bush I administrations (my favorite administrations). And unfortunately 911 happened under Bush II so if there is a blame game he owns it as well as a resulting 16 and 14 year war. Obamas admin took him out.

My point isn't to blame any administration. It's the exact opporsite. There is I plenty to go around. To single out one makes no sense to me because I likely wouldn't choose the one you do.

Prayers for all effected. Visiting the memorial is a moving experience.
Burner02
9 years ago
Bin Laden could have been taken out under Reagan and Bush 41 if they had known who he was at the time and if there was justification. He had not been identified as a major terrorist under Reagan and the dots were just being connected under Bush 41 and when Clinton came into office.

Clinton was in office for eight years and for the most part ignored Bin Laden and al-Qaida except one attack on a training camp. One thing that is obvious is the planning for 9/11 occurred under Clinton’s watch, not Bush 45. By the time 45 was in office, Bin Laden was already in Afghanistan and not presenting himself as an easy target. Agreed, 45 should get some of the credit if nothing more for not being more assertive with his staff and intel agencies in identifying a specific threat other than the U.S. being an ongoing al-Qaida target.

And yes, Obama’s admin took out Bin Laden. CIA identified where he was, military developed plan, admin approved plan and military carried out plan.

Clinton still gets my vote. After all he was worried about a cigar and blue dress.
teedubbya
9 years ago
I'm saying Clinton doesn't get the blame any more than Obama gets credit. And Reagan-Bush created him knowingly or unknowingly.

I don't get the need to blame Clinton, Reagan, Bush etc. To me it has no value, especially today. That's my point. Not everything need be political.
DrafterX
9 years ago
🤐
Can't believe you're starting chit in this thread on this day...[-x
victor809
9 years ago
... drafter... maybe you should be chastising the initial thread poster? Looks like he decided to open a 9/11 let's blame Clinton thread.
Burner02
9 years ago

I'm saying Clinton doesn't get the blame any more than Obama gets credit. And Reagan-Bush created him knowingly or unknowingly.

I don't get the need to blame Clinton, Reagan, Bush etc. To me it has no value, especially today. That's my point. Not everything need be political.

teedubbya wrote:



I always have to chuckle when you try to play the voice of reason.
Speyside
9 years ago
I don't blame anyone for 9/11. I do feel we must never forget 9/11. Also we must learn from our history. I am sad today, I mourn for those lost on 9/11, and their families. Drafter is right, today is not a day to argue about the why. It is a day to remember those lost.
teedubbya
9 years ago

I always have to chuckle when you try to play the voice of reason.

Burner02 wrote:




When you can't argue against the thought it's best to go after the person [whip]

I honestly don't blame Clinton, Reagan, or any of the Bushes. I took and take issue with Bush's Iraq debacle and quit supporting him in that run up but don't blame him for 911.

I just think it is silly to blame Clinton, and think if you are to blame a President there are others equally or more responsible.

I agree with Drafter, starting the thread that way is hardly a way to honor this day.

DrafterX
9 years ago

I always have to chuckle when you try to play the voice of reason.

Burner02 wrote:





TW is like the Billy Jack of CBid... 😟
teedubbya
9 years ago
I promise not to let them pick on you anymore drafter
DrafterX
9 years ago
Thanks man... 😟
Ewok126
9 years ago
I remember this day as if it was this morning. I had gotten home from working 3rd shift stayed up most of the day due to it was my Friday and had a few days off coming. My phone had rung and it was my mother. She asked me if I had seen the news that day which I had not. She told me I might want to cut on the TV. I did and it was just as the second plane flew into the building. I remember just falling to the couch. My wife had not been watching tv so she had no idea what was going on. She came into the room and seen me just sitting there with tears rolling down my face and she asked what was wrong. She turned to the TV and seen all the devastation and she fell to the couch as well.

I remember the anger I had felt, the hatred that swelled up. I don't think I have ever felt such anger in my life. At one point I was so angry that I was not thinking straight. I wanted a whole country to be blown off the map. I did not care about children, women, people that was innocent. I wanted them all to pay, I wanted people to die and pay with all their lives. If I would have had the little red button in my hand at the time I would have hit it with out thinking twice. I am not that kind of guy in most situations. Even today I feel very ashamed for feeling so strongly in such a way that I had not a care for life. I just wanted revenge pure and simple.

Years later I had the honor and privilege of meeting a gentleman that was a police officer in NY at the time this happened. He was one of the many unsung heroes that was there during and after the event. I got to meet him in Akron OH. He owns a small pizza parlor in Akron. I got to sit and talk with him about that day and the days following. I had stopped by the pizza shop to grab a slice and I had noticed all the news papers on the walls showing all the 9/11 events and articles. I had asked him about them and that is how we got into the conversation. Lucky no one else was in the shop at the time. He spoke of the experience which was horrific to say the absolute least. When he got to talking about his brethren on the force and all the firemen that died while trying to save others well lets just say we both would not have wanted someone to walk in and see us crying.

He ended up retiring from the force and moving his pizza shop from NY to OH because of that event. It messed him up so bad that he had to leave his home state because everyday he had to relive that event and all the friends and family he lost.

To see and hear such a strong individual like him to get tore down and broke like that well it is heartbreaking. Then to realize that he is just one of the many of thousands that was affected the same way.

I will never forget, Not for myself but for Him and for those like him. For all the families that was left behind who lost so many and For those that was lost. I will never forget.
DrafterX
9 years ago
I was at work.. not much work got done... 😟
robo60
9 years ago
I live about 30 miles outside of Chicago in the far southwest side suburbs. The day it happened all flight traffic was shut down. The only thing we saw in the sky for days were combat jets circling the city and I was in the flight radius where I live. F 15s and F 16s I recognized. May have been others too, not sure. Man, that was a weird, kind of eerie time that I will never forget.
Gene363
9 years ago
A tree fell across our driveway from Irma, in a way it was a blessing, it took my mind off the events of 9/11.


Burner02
9 years ago

When you can't argue against the thought it's best to go after the person [whip]

I honestly don't blame Clinton, Reagan, or any of the Bushes. I took and take issue with Bush's Iraq debacle and quit supporting him in that run up but don't blame him for 911.

I just think it is silly to blame Clinton, and think if you are to blame a President there are others equally or more responsible.

I agree with Drafter, starting the thread that way is hardly a way to honor this day.

teedubbya wrote:




Oh, I can argue against the point but choose not to waste my time.

And was not going after a person, just making an observation.

My impression was that Drafter was referring to you.
victor809
9 years ago
"Not going after a person, just making an observation."...

Can't make this **** up....hows what you said any different that what TW said? Just because his "observation" was different than yours?

Ridiculous...
Burner02
9 years ago

"Not going after a person, just making an observation."...

Can't make this **** up....hows what you said any different that what TW said? Just because his "observation" was different than yours?

Ridiculous...

victor809 wrote:




Nice to see you darken the doors on a 9/11 thread. Twice in one day, really a treat.

Must be your patriotism and compassion for your fellow Americans that were lost in 2001.

WTH was I thinking, #1 s**t stirrer just stirring the pot.
ZRX1200
9 years ago
How many times was OBL "offered" to Reagan or Bush?

Gimme a break TW. Don't trip over your efforts to excuse a D.
Users browsing this topic