RMAN4443
8 years ago

Princess had a couple of "Formal Night" suits and dresses minimum, but they did not refuse to seat couples that were not dressed that way. We just went to the Buffet dining area those nights.

Gene363 wrote:


Our cruise had a formal dress dinner and a casual dress fine dining option every night, along with the buffet dining as well, in different dining rooms

I don't know a lot about cruises, but my sister has gone on quite a few on different lines and she planned our trip...she told me she chose the Norwegian line for us, because she knows I'm not much of one for dressing up fancy for vittles..8-[

I have to admit, food was great no matter where we ate...and 4 words... ICE CREAM Sundae Buffet....all day long!!!!
DrafterX
8 years ago
Dinner in the Dining rooms required slacks and a collar I think.. breakfas was casual.. the Buffet was very casual.. swimsuits and stuff... Specialty Restaurants weren't real strict but it doesn't hurt to bad to put on a suit every now and then.. we normally do the picture thing that night.. 😟
RMAN4443
8 years ago

Dinner in the Dining rooms required slacks and a collar I think.. breakfas was casual.. the Buffet was very casual.. swimsuits and stuff... Specialty Restaurants weren't real strict but it doesn't hurt to bad to put on a suit every now and then.. we normally do the picture thing that night.. 😟

DrafterX wrote:


Yeah, I got "dressed up" on the night we did the picture thing. but my idea of dressed up is buttons and a collar on the shirt, and non denim pants...8-[
rfenst
8 years ago
Who the hell wants to dress up for a formal dinner on a stinking cruise?
DrafterX
8 years ago
It's definitely a choice on Norwegian.. Holland America expected it.. I didn't really like the assigned seating and dinner time either... 😟
dstieger
8 years ago
I certainly can't speak for Shawn....but the LAST place THIS retired Sailor wants to vacation is on a fn ship.

If I was in same situation, I'd probably consider one of a number of places we've talked about over our years together.... visit the few states we've never been to... maybe Banff...or Maine...maybe Iceland or ...idk....lemme think on it some
DrafterX
8 years ago
I thought about that.. he could come to OK and hang with me and puppy-dog by da lake... 🍺
dstieger
8 years ago
Got bass in your lake?...if so, I'll add it to our list
DrafterX
8 years ago
Lots of crappies and bass... And catfishes of course... 😟
MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
8 years ago
I'll obviously have to talk it over with the wife. In our brief discussion about it she was like... "Lets drive to Arizona".

I replied... "And do what?" Cruises? Meh... kinda feel like Dave on that one.

We'll have to discuss it more. Just looking for ideas, so thanks for the input.
tailgater
8 years ago

Ever done a cruise? I think most people who don't think they'd enjoy them end up surprised once they do it... Not a personal fan of the resorts... I don't care to just sit around and i really don't like being surrounded by horrendous poverty when I'm indulging I'm frivolous living...

opelmanta1900 wrote:



So you don't like sitting around surrounded by horrendous poverty, so you choose instead to be imprisoned on a floating dormitory that parks every other day in areas of horrendous poverty?



Whistlebritches
8 years ago
Cuba..........travel is relatively easy nowdays.You need to fall into one of 12 categories.One of them is "support of the Cuban people".This is a no brainer.Another is for religious purposes.......Bishop MACS........yea I could see it.
Thunder.Gerbil
8 years ago

Taking some time off work next month. Wife and I want to do something together.

I'm thinking an all inclusive to Cabo or Cancun or something. I can do that for under $2,000 for both of us, including flights.

Any other ideas? Or sites where I can find good deals on trips and stuff?

MACS wrote:




Give her $1800 for purses or shoes or whatever.

Save $200 for some ice packs and anti-chafing cream for your d***.

You're welcome.
Mr. Jones
8 years ago
Yellowstone Park ( reservations are tough, 1 yr in advance)
Or
The Albuquerque, N.M. area, Sante Fe, Taos, petrified forest,
Then to Sadona, AZ red rocks...
Or
Texas: Dallas/Ft Worth , San Antonio River walk
and Austin **( get tickets to Austin City Limits , PBS MUSIC SHOW)
Or
Passenger sleeper train car thru the Canadian Rockies...
RMAN4443
8 years ago
I heard San Francisco is nice this time of year....8-[
Buckwheat
8 years ago
You're smart so you already know it needs to be all about the two of you being together. I just can't picture you on a cruise. 🌫
DrafterX
8 years ago
Train idea is cool... Cept they tend to jump da tracks and people get stabbed on them... 😟
opelmanta1900
8 years ago

So you don't like sitting around surrounded by horrendous poverty, so you choose instead to be imprisoned on a floating dormitory that parks every other day in areas of horrendous poverty?



tailgater wrote:


Yes... i don't get off the ship unless it's Alaska... i cruise for the food...
DrafterX
8 years ago
Only place I won't get off the ship again is Guatemala... 😟
tailgater
8 years ago

Yes... i don't get off the ship unless it's Alaska... i cruise for the food...

opelmanta1900 wrote:



Now you're speaking my language.
Users browsing this topic