rasolama
7 years ago
Have gotten a few shipments with nonsalvageable wrappers over the last few months - problem is that by the time I realize it it's months later because I usually let them normalize in my humidor before I smoke 'em - anyone else having this issue from CB? I've bitched in the past - 5 years ago they immediately replace and didn't care for a return - but last time they expected me to return the unused product first and that's a huge pain in the ass - especially since I stick to certain brands and I more than likely would have to unwrap all of them to see which ones had damaged wrappers...
Palama
7 years ago

Have gotten a few shipments with nonsalvageable wrappers over the last few months - problem is that by the time I realize it it's months later because I usually let them normalize in my humidor before I smoke 'em - anyone else having this issue from CB? I've bitched in the past - 5 years ago they immediately replace and didn't care for a return - but last time they expected me to return the unused product first and that's a huge pain in the ass - especially since I stick to certain brands and I more than likely would have to unwrap all of them to see which ones had damaged wrappers...

rasolama wrote:



Too bad Frankie’s on vacation.

But Rasolama, if this is too common of an occurrence and the process of checking and returning too cumbersome, I’d seriously look for another source. Either that or just put up with the hassle until things improve.

Kinda curious but might I ask, what brands, which vitolas and how many cigars are you talking about?
corey sellers
7 years ago
What are you keeping your humidity at ?
KingoftheCove
7 years ago

Have gotten a few shipments with nonsalvageable wrappers over the last few months - problem is that by the time I realize it it's months later because I usually let them normalize in my humidor before I smoke 'em - anyone else having this issue from CB? I've bitched in the past - 5 years ago they immediately replace and didn't care for a return - but last time they expected me to return the unused product first and that's a huge pain in the ass - especially since I stick to certain brands and I more than likely would have to unwrap all of them to see which ones had damaged wrappers...

rasolama wrote:


Sorry dude, but that’s on you.
A few months before you realize it?
First, you should always inspect your product upon arrival. Box?......open it..........Bundle?.....undo it, check em out........cello fiver/tensk?i.........look at it carefully, better yet, open and inspect, then into your storage.

Heck, your storage might be the issue...
corey sellers
7 years ago
That was what I was wondering KOTC what are they being stored in
Whistlebritches
7 years ago
Rasolbungholeama……….or whatever your **** ing name is,what do you do for a living?If it entails operating anything more complicated than a shovel I suggest more education to get yourself into management where you belong.Because a simple **** ing humidor seems to be too complicated at this point.
opelmanta1900
7 years ago
I'm guessing his job entails not only a shovel but also copious amounts of elephant poop...

Cracked wrappers are one thing, but if the cigars have been in your humidor for "months" and they're dry, the problem is your humidor...
Palama
7 years ago

Cracked wrappers are one thing, but if the cigars have been in your humidor for "months" and they're dry, the problem is your humidor...

opelmanta1900 wrote:



Yup, that’s the obvious answer.
rasolama
7 years ago
Hillbilly opel-douchebagger-boy - blow me - I have a cigar oasis not sure your **** for brains intellect can comprehend the fact that it digitally reads relative humidity in the box and takes little maintenance - so go back to inbreeding if you haven’t got anything other than your self flagalation to add to a conversation.
rasolama
7 years ago
Nah man I have sticks in there for about 6 mos that are fine - it’s a cigar oasis and the humidity is always circling 70% - it’s not the humidor...
rasolama
7 years ago
Nah man I have sticks in there for about 6 mos that are fine - it’s a cigar oasis and the humidity is always circling 70% - it’s not the humidor...
rasolama
7 years ago
**** you too whistle****stain...
rasolama
7 years ago
King of the cove - yeah I haven’t been inspecting well enough I just load them into the humidor and lay off them a few weeks usually to allow them to normalize after shipping - the reason for the post is on the occasion I let the stock run low I’ve hit the newer shipment within days and have gotten dry **** that cracked and split once the draw heated it up - usually only a day or two in my humidor in those cases - like the one this weekend I’m posting about...

Wow there sure are a lot of dickheads on this thread though - outside of you - I guess they’re just waiting to drop their dicks and show their twats...
Salmoneye
7 years ago

the reason for the post is on the occasion I let the stock run low I’ve hit the newer shipment within days and have gotten dry **** that cracked and split once the draw heated it up

rasolama wrote:



I see more wrappers cracking when smoked from over humidification than from under...

The filler and binder expand, and the wrapper cracks...
corey sellers
7 years ago
Are you storing them in a card board box I have never had this problem what are the cigars that you are talking about are you smoking 2cds or gurkhas or what that would help
KingoftheCove
7 years ago

King of the cove - yeah I haven’t been inspecting well enough I just load them into the humidor and lay off them a few weeks usually to allow them to normalize after shipping - the reason for the post is on the occasion I let the stock run low I’ve hit the newer shipment within days and have gotten dry **** that cracked and split once the draw heated it up - usually only a day or two in my humidor in those cases - like the one this weekend I’m posting about...

Wow there sure are a lot of dickheads on this thread though - outside of you - I guess they’re just waiting to drop their dicks and show their twats...

rasolama wrote:


:-k
Obviously you don’t know me that well.
Outside of FrankieT, I’m the biggest diikhead here.
If your hygros are reading 70? Unless you have equipment like JadeRose, which I’m pretty sure you don’t, even if you regularly test/calibrate them, there’s a very good chance your true reading could be 72, or more (could also be 68 or less..) point is, when you choose to store at 70, your margin for error is zero, and in some instances you’re already in error.
99% of the hygrometers we all use have an error rate of +/- 2%, or more.
And doing then salt test doesn’t fix this issue.

Could be you got some wet cigars, that you smoked fresh....boom split wrapper. Maybe other cigars just aren’t getting to a low enough humidity in your set-up.
KingoftheCove
7 years ago
I also agree with Salmoneye.....split wrapper typically from over humidified cigars.
Dried out cigars will have wrappers that split due to physical abuse, but almost never from smoking.
KingoftheCove
7 years ago
My bad.......just reread your op.
You’re saying you retrieve the cigar, and the wrapper is split/fuqed up BEFORE you light up.

But you are not sure which cigar you are lighting up.....one you bought 4 months ago, or one you bought a week ago?
Is that the issue?
I’m kinda slow, so help me out here.
tonygraz
7 years ago
Hi do you mind if we call you rasolamalamadingdong ?
Ewok126
7 years ago
😲


I think the millennials are breeding again.

I dont give a rats ass if your humidor is a Jehovah Blowasis or not. That does not mean that it cant or dont fail. Second, If you have no clue if the wrappers was mucked up prior to going in the "My chit is always right" humidor then What the Holy Phugg.

To answer the question of if I have ever had this issue with Cbid. No I have not. But then again, I inspect my cigars prior to going in the cabinet. This way I avoid from posting such reeree questions and looking like a total moron.

Save your rant because yes I am an arshole and I know it. Also, I dont give 2 chits if you like it or don't.

Good luck with it. 🍺
Users browsing this topic