bassman45
7 years ago
To answer an earlier question,Trish no longer around to swing the ban-hammer 🔨
pacman357
7 years ago
BTW, hasn't been all bad. Wife went along with cigar store idea after her employer ran out of money and laid her off at age 60 plus. Try getting a job at that stage in life. She did, returned to the same place where I met her when she was an intern (no MeToo stuff, I had no supervisory authority over her and no say over her job, and we started dating over 25 years ago, so I'm in the clear). We managed to keep the house (almost lost it when things got really rough, stepson bailed us out and we repaid him 2 months later). She's heading a specialty unit where she works and is well-respected there, handling all of the logistics for several attorneys.

Last year she was diagnosed with breast cancer, and an aggressive form of the chit. 2 years before, her regular doc told her that at her age, she only needed to get a mammo every couple years. Sure enough, she skips a year, then boom. Didn't even feel a lump. She has private insurance and got a top-notch team. Chemo doc treated chemo as a foregone conclusion and his bedside manner was so rough we asked to switch. Cool, no problem with that. She was diagnosed stage 2/3. Outstanding surgeon (shout out to Dr. Martinez). By the time she had the operation, they had decided as a team to take a different approach to lumpectomy than originally planned, and voila, post-surgery downgraded cancer to stage 1. She had surgery, a few days of radiation treatment, followed by hormone pills. No chemo. A year later, clean bill of health. For you women reading this, or you guys who have women in your life, you might want to pass word along. Testing sounds about as fun as getting your balls squished, but personally, I wouldn't skip a year. That thing was so aggressive that if she'd waited six months, I'd probably be writing her obit. Today, she's happy and healthy. Well, as happy as one can be whilst being married to me as one can be.

She's just pulling into the driveway, and I've printed up this year's Island Shakespeare Festival calendar, so I'm done for the night and we're going to plan which showings to aim for. If you're around Whidbey Island in July or August, I recommend the festival. Pros at work in what has become my favorite place to watch the work of my favorite author (something about Brits...LOVE the autobiographies of Eric Idle and John Cleese). Will drop in on you folks when I can.
pacman357
7 years ago
#20 Thank you, my friend.
#21 Bummer, but funniest way I've gotten bad news in a long time. Trish, Sven and Jessica especially all treated me very nicely at CI/Cbid. I know Jessica is no longer with the Co, looks like Sven may still be. Somewhere around here I have an original LAdC with Sven's name on it. Finding it may take a few years.
Whistlebritches
7 years ago
Damn glad to see ya PacDaddy
Thunder.Gerbil
7 years ago
You don't call, you don't write....

WTF cuz?

Aunt Gurtie was so worried about you.
8trackdisco
7 years ago

All you can drink strip club??? Where's that?



Asking for a friend.....

dkeage wrote:



That's a place where he can find more suspect seafood.
8trackdisco
7 years ago

Not the vaccine. I still get flu shots every year. I believe swine flu wipes out something close to 100% of infected pigs. China reportedly had to kill off some 200 million pigs. If I'd been a pig rancher (farmer?), I'd have panicked. That's their livelihood. Safe bet that it'd be tough to market infected animals, too. Ever read Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle"? Icky. Fun fact, the Spanish flu that killed some 5-10% of the planet a hundred years ago? H1N1. I am not an antivaxxer; those folks, to put it politely, worry and puzzle me.

And I'm not fat, I'm big boned. Especially the stomach bone. Did the CPAP thing after sleep lab showed 99.4 events per hour (30 is considered severe). In 8.5 hours, I'd spend 15 minutes in level 3 or 4 sleep. Sure explained why I'd get to about 2-3 p.m. and then feel like I'd been hit with a tranq dart. Since then, I've lost 90 lbs and had surgery to widen my nostrils. Oh, and I took excellent care of my CPAP. Tested and everything. There's an aquarium brush you can get that allows scrubbing on the end of what looks like weedwhacker line. That, regular maintenance and a good biodegradable soap, plus rinsing with DI water. You could perform surgery using that thing the way I kept it. Actually took me a little while to get used to sleeping without it.

I've gotten to learn all kinds of fun medical terms. My nose job was a tubinate reduction. Herpes of the eye is a real thing (except I didn't have it). Close angle glaucoma is a thing (I did have that...and instead of 8-18 psi pressure in my R eye when I got to eye doc for emergency, mine was near 70 psi). I've had laser holes drilled in my irises (laser iridotomy), one to reduce pressure the other to protect the remaining functional eye. Had a trabeculectomy in my R eye. Capsule endoscopy (gut camera). See the eye surgeons every 6 months for follow up (they are aces). Lots of fun. Feels like I'm getting a medical degree the worst possible way.

pacman357 wrote:



Reads like a Monty Python skit... it's merely a flesh wound!... But I'm not dead yet!
ZRX1200
7 years ago
Good to see ya posting!

So you found out it is true? You do go blind from playing with it?!
izonfire
7 years ago
Nice to meet you PAC. Sorry for what you’re dealing with. Hope they find a way to help you.
Wishing you the best
Gene363
7 years ago
Hello Pac!

I am sorry health issues are still dogging you; I'm really glad there was success for Mrs. Pac.

I'm now retired and highly recommend retirement.
jespear
7 years ago
Welcome back, Pac.

My prayer list is extensive, but there's always room for one more.
Consider yourself added.
Hope things get better for you ,

jes
DrafterX
7 years ago
Man, tough times there Pacman... Did you ever find time to look for CROS..?? 😕
rfenst
7 years ago
JadeRose
7 years ago
PACMAN! Stick around man. Good to see you!
Mr. Jones
7 years ago
Hey PAC-CEEEE....

If your allergic to certain antibiotics....
Then N.E.V.E.R. TRY CIPROFLOXACIN "CIPRO" OR ANY RELATED TO CIPRO ANTIBIOTICS.....
I have a minor case of tinnitus from a bad reaction to CIPRO.

I read many horror stories of "one time, first time taken"
Very severe reactions!!! Permanent damage to the hearing senses...like almost going deaf...and about 10 other maladies related to it....

I had taken it in the past with no side effects for prostatitis for only 10 days no,problem...then the doctor said, the last time that since it didn't kill the infection on 10 days...lets try 30 days....
Well around day 15? My ears started ringing...but I thought,
I was getting microwaved by my cash hungry RATFUUUUK FBI-SSG COLLUDING GANGSTALKING NEIGHBORS and that ear ringing symptom was not anywhere on the 2 1/2 page drug side effects paper....day 19 I couldn't take the ringing and went to the ER...IT WAS A LITTLE KNOWN REACTION TO CIPRO that less than 1% of people get, hence by law...it was not required to be listed on the side effects papers...

So.....a long story short , stay away from CIPRO
&
NEVER REPORT "WHAT YOU THINK MAY BE A TERRORIST EVENT" TO THE FBI....BECAUSE they will quell & stop the event, never publicize said event ....then start following you around for months under cover with their SPECIAL SURVEILLANCE DIVISION 24-7-365 AND ESSENTIALLY RUIN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE...and if you don't commit suicide after all their harassment and intense GANGSTALKING...THEY will just outright try and kill you...^^^started 9-9-2012 almost stopped in 2017...then the drugged me at happy hour on Jan. 8 2018 at the Appalachian brewery in Harrisburg, pa with a dose of KETAMINE with total knowledge that I had to drive 45 minutes back to Lancaster, pa that same evening
(Attempted murder for sure....but its what the SSG does each and every day...PREMEDITATED murderers employed by the federal government).

But Alas...I am too well trained to be "offed" by those sick bastids murderers....after 9 + attempts...Mr. Jones is still above ground...😀😀😀

Glad to see u back.
pacman357
7 years ago

You don't call, you don't write....

WTF cuz?

Aunt Gurtie was so worried about you.

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:


Aw. Someone needs a cuddle buddy.

Long story, but I was working to get my nephew into law school by buying his way onto the school's tiddlywinks team. Turns out that sort of thing is frowned upon these days. I was in witsec and working with the feds until they found out someone [allegedly] paid six or seven figures to get their kid into USC. Apparently at that point the feds felt the cases were just falling into their laps. (USC is a fine school, but...really?).

Actually, I didn't plan to just drift off into the ether. Turns out fighting the battle was taking a lot out of me. I just wasn't my usual gregarious, mirthful self. Of course, not a day went by without me thinking of you.

Part of the deal is that I've had some rather dark days. I'm improving, but how far and how fast remains to be seen. Nice to actually be able to feel the floor under my feet, however. Damned feet have been swollen to various degrees while I've been trying to solve the riddle of a lifetime. Still may not have found it, but at least a couple things are improving. Weird not having a clear head, however. I've even heard a rumor we've got a reality TV show "star" for president. That can't be true, can it?

:)P~~~~~~~~~~~
pacman357
7 years ago

Damn glad to see ya PacDaddy

Whistlebritches wrote:


Back atcha, man.
pacman357
7 years ago

Reads like a Monty Python skit... it's merely a flesh wound!... But I'm not dead yet!

8trackdisco wrote:


LMAO. That's sort of been my mantra around here. No kidding. BTW, I've never been to a strip club that served food, but man, that just NEVER sounded like a good idea. I'm not sure I'd even want to wear my shoes indoors after going to such a place these days.
pacman357
7 years ago

Good to see ya posting!

So you found out it is true? You do go blind from playing with it?!

ZRX1200 wrote:


LOL. Well, I'm only blind in one eye. Not sure what that means. Maybe I'm a lousy solo lay.
RMAN4443
7 years ago

LMAO. That's sort of been my mantra around here. No kidding. BTW, I've never been to a strip club that served food, but man, that just NEVER sounded like a good idea. I'm not sure I'd even want to wear my shoes indoors after going to such a place these days.

pacman357 wrote:


When I get out to the strip clubs, I find, you really can't go wrong with the shrimp salad....8-[
Users browsing this topic