I don't know whether I believe it or not, either, Frank.
What I do know is that two men were accused of sexual misconduct by women... years after the fact... and one got torched by the media and democrat politicians while the other got a complete pass.
Do you not find the two different reactions troubling?
MACS wrote:
I have no idea about anyone's innocence or guilt, mostly because so many maneuvers take place to prevent the truth from getting out, but like everyone else I get swayed by actions swirling around the accusations.
We'll need to see what else develops in this Biden case, and I am susceptible to the creep factor that has been circulating for a few years now. There'll be more, but maybe not the extremely rare kill shot. So for now, it feels believable.
Let's not forget other Dems like Franken, Hart, and even Clinton who were either ruined or permanently damaged as it became easy to sort out fact from fake news, even Tom Eagleton was destroyed by the GOP with plenty of help from the media, and he did nothing wrong except suffer from and seek treatment for depression!..
sort of backs up TW's point about media chasing money, fame and ratings over personal partisan beliefs. They are whores first and foremost and they did put out a lot of damaging facts without cover up regarding the Dems above..
But I will admit to doubting Trump's innocence based on a few things we do know to be factual as well, not sensational...
Trump had his supposedly good friend who owned the National Supermarket Rag pay for exclusive rights to the story of one, maybe 2 of the accusers, and then once he owned the story(ies) and had signed agreements to the exclusive rights to tell the story(ies) he locked them away so they would never be published! Kind of an odd thing to do in a profit driven industry built on sensational sexual gossip, don't you agree?
We can take a stab at the motives.
Trump had his (at the time) trusted personal attorney Cohen pay to silence another accuser or two.
Trump may have been bluffing but he was taped bragging about sexually grabbing women cuz he had the power to do so.
Looking back at all of the above, Franken's transgressions may have been the least egregious (still significantly disgusting and illegal) of all that anyone has been accused of doing, yet he made the swiftest moves to admit to and pay for the damage he had done.