Poll Question: Best band out of England 60's/70's. (Poll is closed)
8trackdisco
4 years ago
(the fragile BGZ/WB/TonyGraz cease fire still in place) Barely.

Make me proud, Brothers.

High Ground Current Standings:
1st BGZ
2nd WB & Tgraz

(threadjack off)
McCartney has probably created more happiness in the world. Minus maybe your Jesus/Moses types.
Sunoverbeach
4 years ago
Idk, after 40yrs of desert wandering, I don't think the people were all that happy with Moses if I recall the story correctly
8trackdisco
4 years ago

Idk, after 40yrs of desert wandering, I don't think the people were all that happy with Moses if I recall the story correctly

Sunoverbeach wrote:



You might be right about that. It is the generations after who appreciated the 40 years in the sandbox.
It has been rumored that was the genesis of TripAdvisor.
Sunoverbeach
4 years ago
Tour guide seemed lost. Food service was very repetitive. Laundry and housekeeping nowhere to be seen.
2 out of 10 - would not recommend
Gene363
4 years ago
[ram27bat]

I'm smelling voter fraud, about 14 posters but there are 18 votes.
RayR
4 years ago
I mailed in my vote 4 times. 🤫
Whistlebritches
4 years ago

Yes, he doesn't like you.

tonygraz wrote:




Tony you had one redeeming quality as well,in your prime dudes would drop a quarter in that slot behind your ear................your teeth folded back and your lips started quivering.Sadly old age caught up with you and your lips just wouldn't quiver anymore.As the familial tremors snuck up on you you switched to hand jobs............gotta be a tough living Tony,hj's only earn you a dime.


Send me a link to your GOFUNDME page and ill pay for Ben and his buddies to line up on your corner
ZRX1200
4 years ago
As much as I love Zep and they are my number 1 band of all time Palama’s post and thought out reasoning are spot on. If you take the question literally it has to be the Stones.

If you make it “Their Era” to me it’s Zep hands down.

Beatles wrote great songs and changed music.

Stones had more magic in their music than the Beatles IMO.

Zep had more mojo to me and they revolutionized things way more than the Stones with recording. My .02
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
4 years ago
I never got the Stones... I mean, some of their songs are alright...

But I feel the Stones are like what Nickel Back would have been if there was no internet to sh*t on em.

I might just be too young to have appreciated their apparent greatness though... I can tell you for genx and younger, Zep takes it... but I agree the argument is valid for the Beatles.
Palama
4 years ago

I'll forgive you. Only because of his music with wings. And because anyone who doesn't like "Band on the run" is just stupid.

MACS wrote:



For me, BOTR is the epitome of Paul’s solo career. I actually bought two copies of the half-speed mastered vinyl back-in-the-day. Played one, once, when I taped the whole album onto cassette tape. BOTR would be the last PM album I would buy.

With that being said, George Harrison’s “All Things Must Pass” is still THE best solo album released by the post-breakup members.
Sunoverbeach
4 years ago
No Plastic Ono Band consideration?
Gene363
4 years ago

No Plastic Ono Band consideration?

Sunoverbeach wrote:



[barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf] [barf]
Whistlebritches
4 years ago

No Plastic Ono Band consideration?

Sunoverbeach wrote:




You mean "Oh No"............. never crossed anyone's mind except yours.Now I have concerns about you
plinytheelder
4 years ago
The Stones could be considered in era's before or after Zeppelin, but when the mighty Zep was active, there was NO other band that could touch them IMO.

I never understood the Beatles. I have a friend, best friend actually, that is a diehard fan of them to this day.
When I saw Get Back on Disney+ my opinion of them changed. If you haven't seen it, watch it if you have access.
To write an album, under pressure, like they did was interesting to see.
And to see how Billy Preston joined them on the album? WOW.
Palama
4 years ago

As much as I love Zep and they are my number 1 band of all time Palama’s post and thought out reasoning are spot on. If you take the question literally it has to be the Stones.

If you make it “Their Era” to me it’s Zep hands down.

Beatles wrote great songs and changed music.

Stones had more magic in their music than the Beatles IMO.

Zep had more mojo to me and they revolutionized things way more than the Stones with recording. My .02

ZRX1200 wrote:



I’ll have to disagree and say that, given your statement that the Beatles changed music, how could they not be the best / greatest? In “their era”, the Lads from Liverpool didn’t just change music, they changed a whole generation. I was a little too young when they first came out in the States to fully understand their impact but certainly saw the changes they influenced. Whether it was music, fashion, pop culture, or people’s attitudes, they were game changers. You can’t say that about any other musical group / artist since them

However, I will wholeheartedly agree that at their peak, LZ was HUUUUGGGGGEEEE and outshone the best that the Stones could offer. LZ did things in the studio that the Stones never did or attempted (…but I don’t think that was ever the MO of Jagger and Richards…). And when LZ was hot, their albums sold like hot cakes and on tour, they sold out multiple night shows at large venues but they were never the same after Bonham died. Page’s wizardry in the studio was awesome but it wasn’t necessarily game changing. Overdubs were already being used (…thank you Les Paul…), Jimmy just did it better than anyone at that time.
Sunoverbeach
4 years ago

You mean "Oh No"............. never crossed anyone's mind except yours.Now I have concerns about you

Whistlebritches wrote:


If it helps, it always crosses my mind, but only because of Denis Leary

We live in a country where John Lennon takes six bullets to the chest. Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one f**king bullet! Explain that to me! Explain it to me, God!.....Now we've got 25 more years of, " ahyayayayayahhhh!" Yeah, I'm real f**king happy now, God!
- DL
8trackdisco
4 years ago

Tony you had one redeeming quality as well,in your prime dudes would drop a quarter in that slot behind your ear................your teeth folded back and your lips started quivering.Sadly old age caught up with you and your lips just wouldn't quiver anymore.As the familial tremors snuck up on you you switched to hand jobs............gotta be a tough living Tony,hj's only earn you a dime.


Send me a link to your GOFUNDME page and ill pay for Ben and his buddies to line up on your corner

Whistlebritches wrote:



Standings reset…. 1: BGZ. 2: Tgraz. 3:WB (sigh).
Whistlebritches
4 years ago

Standings reset…. 1: BGZ. 2: Tgraz. 3:WB (sigh).

8trackdisco wrote:




Tactical nukes are ok ............I read it in the rules.Scorched earth is a no go.Looks like I'm gonna have to rewrite the ROE and clear this up
ZRX1200
4 years ago
See Palama J think that wasn’t all them, I think that was also part marketing and mostly society being hungry for something else. And they were it. I think of the Beatles like I do Elvis. I really like a lot of his work too, but there’s a lot of fluff and cashing in. I don’t point that at the artists I point that at the whole of what surrounds them.

With Zep it was just the music and I’m a big blues fan as well.
DrMaddVibe
4 years ago
Users browsing this topic