fishinguitarman
20 years ago
Ok, so I'm a newbie on this board. Somebody tell me some good one to try~Samplers, etc.
Mandoman
20 years ago
All of 'em

Dave
fishinguitarman
20 years ago
LOL! Could ya be a little more specific?
Mandoman
20 years ago
First of all, I'm fairly new here, myserlf. Via trades and reading the boards I've discovered it's deifficult to recommend something. Tastes vary widely. The 'gars I like and buy might be dog rockets to you. That being said, try CAO Black, Brazilia, Italia. 5 Vegas series "A", Partagas Black. There are a couple different maduro samplers on the auction block. Gurkhas are good and there are samplers of these, also. E-mail me at:

dakoz(AT)hotmail(DOT)com
TROY6311
20 years ago
You can sign up on the newbie thread - do a trade, a good way to get a nice sample of sticks from a botl with experience. Buy 5vers or samples - Mando listed some really good sticks.
TROY6311
20 years ago
You can sign up on the newbie thread - do a trade, a good way to get a nice sample of sticks from a botl with experience. Buy 5vers or samples - Mando listed some really good sticks.
TROY6311
20 years ago
damn computer - 2 hits
fishinguitarman
20 years ago
Sent you an e-mail
fishinguitarman
20 years ago
Sent you an e-mail (Mando)
fishinguitarman
20 years ago
At the risk of looking like too big of an idiot~WHAT newbie thread?????
Nutttttttttty
20 years ago
Just search the word newbie.
fishinguitarman
20 years ago
Thanks~Got it!
diverbelow72
20 years ago
Having been here only nine months or so myself, I aksed the same question when I started reading the boards and got similar answers. If you are just looking for what you like try any of the saplers, like "Top Tier" or "Top Shelf". There are several of them, some with eights sticks, and some with as many as 20 and a desktop humidor. Read the description, the 20 that I got with the humi had ten different brands, two each and they ranged from mild to full bodied so it was a good way to see which cigars I preferred.
Just my 2 cents,
Jim (Diver)
20 years ago
hey buddy, try the mild sampler, there are some nice smokes in there and you cant beat the price!!
fishinguitarman
20 years ago
Thanks for the suggestions!
Mandoman
20 years ago
Just curious, do you fish with that guitar, man?

Anyway, there is a box headed your way.

Enjoy,

Dave
fishinguitarman
20 years ago
Well, it does have strings on it! LOL!

Got your e-mail! Thanks a million!
MikeyRavioli
20 years ago
Try one of the samplers suited to your taste. There are mild, medium, and full samplers. If you like maduro there are samplers just for that. There are a few Perdomo and Patel samplers that you can't go wrong with. Try to go with the samplers that have fewer quantities of a greater variety of sticks.

If you don't like a stick at first, properly store it for 6 months or so and try another one before you give up on it.
Visit the trades board or donate to the troops any thing you don't like after that.
jasdub
20 years ago
I won't trust another sampler again. I recently got a 90+ rated sampler containing 20 cigars, with 10 varieties and 2 cigars each. 3 of the best brands were completely swapped for lesser cigars. What a bummer.
Pufferbelle
20 years ago
jasdub--was that at cbid or CI or somewhere else?

Sorry that it happened to you. 😞

PAS
Suzi
Users browsing this topic