chazbo
  • chazbo
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
19 years ago
when storing cigars in your humi should you take of the plastic wrapper?
CBOB
19 years ago
Cello (not plastic) wrappers. It's a personal preference. Yellow cello is a good thing.
Cycleman
19 years ago
Naked.... helps them age much much better.


If you plan on smoking them in a few months.... really won't make much difference. But about 98% on my stash is naked.... the way I like my women...
Cycleman
19 years ago
BTW.... it always looks like plastic to me too...
DrMaddVibe
19 years ago
Interesting question, I'd never heard this one before.
Kingfisher
19 years ago
Hmmmm...I've never found a cigar with a plastic wrapper. Corojo, maduro, Connecticut, rosado, but never plastic. Intriguing, but would probably taste kind of funny I think...there may be health risks also. I'd probably take it off and just smoke it with the binder on instead!
SteveR@CigarBid
19 years ago
Cello is a porous material made of wood that allows air and moisture to pass through. Cello does not hinder the aging of your cigars. Neither does the cello wrapping around your box or bundle of cigars. It is entirely up to you whether you want to store your cigars 'en cello' or not.
Cycleman
19 years ago
I disagree and have always disagreed with SteveR on this issue.

nine999
19 years ago
pacman357
19 years ago
Cello on!

Violin off.
docrks
19 years ago
Now this is the kind of insightful and thought provoking question that is often very lacking on this Forum. Well Done !
fishinguitarman
19 years ago
Steve-\"Neither does the cello wrapping around your box or bundle of cigars\"

This is the part I\'m skeptical of. Does this not affect aging OR RH?
SteveR@CigarBid
19 years ago
fishinguitarman - This is how they are stored at the factory, after they are boxed. This is how they are stored here at our warehouse. The factory wouldn't store them in this fashion, nor would we, if it hindered the aging process or humidity levels.
Thunder.Gerbil
19 years ago
I could tell that Mazo's were wrapped in cello, but I never was sure about the boxes. I always thought that was shrink-wrap.

CI samplers (ie: Felipe Gregorio Super Premium Mega Sampler) are also cello'd? (that's some heavy-azz cello...)
fishinguitarman
19 years ago
Thanks Steve........
ddandb
19 years ago
and the debate rages on.........
pacman357
19 years ago
Tastes great!





Less filling!
orlenz
19 years ago
Frankly, I'm surprised this question has never come up before,







not in 3 days anyway 😉
bsevern
19 years ago
One point of interest to add to the discussion, Cuban hand made cigars are NEVER wrapped in cello, their all nude. Why is this?

I tend to put mine in cello if shipping them because I hate to see 'em get damaged, and more often then not, in my experience singles left unwrapped seem to end up with damage of some sort or another when shipped (and it always seems to happen to the expensive ones dog gonnit!).

Thunder.Gerbil
19 years ago
^ ain't that the truth! The cheapest or least desired cigar you send always seems to incur the least ammount of dammage durring shipping.
Users browsing this topic