Big Papi by David Ortiz Toro (6.0"x54) Pack of 5
Hey slugger, take a swing at this
Any baseball fan knows the name David Ortiz – a Dominican Republic native that made a living 4-bagging balls out of the park in Boston and became well known as “Big Papi”. Heading into retirement, Ortiz decided to step up to the plate in the cigar industry. Teaming up with Tabacalera El Artista, creators of the 91-rated Exactus brand, they constructed a cigar to match Big Papi’s performance – one bound for the hall of fame. First crafted in 2013 for personal enjoyment and charity events, the Big Papi received great reviews and was taken commercial in 2016. Now for the good stuff.
Right off the bat, the presentation is pleasing – a sleek red and white box that matches the band, showcasing a silhouette of Ortiz pointing to the heavens, and a red fabric foot band to top it off. Pop the box open and there it is – an oily Ecuador Habano Claro Wrapper rolled to perfection over a Dominican Criollo ’98 binder and packed with Dominican and Nicaraguan fillers. Pleasant notes of pepper and chestnut will first grace your palate, thanks to the Ecuador Habano wrapper, followed by a touch of cream, and brought all together with rich notes of earth and leather. This medium-bodied premium from David Ortiz isn’t your ordinary celebrity cigar, this thing is a home run.
- CS of Allentown, PA$21.00/ea1 Unit,
- SD of Bunker Hill, WV$21.00/ea2 Units,
- EA of West Bloomfield, MI$22.00/ea1 Unit,
- KB of Needville, TX$22.00/ea1 Unit,
- GM of FREDERICK, MD$22.50/ea1 Unit,
- HH of Hazel Crest , IL$25.00/ea1 Unit,
- CM of Blue Springs, MO$25.00/ea1 Unit,
- AS of MISSOURI CITY, TX$22.00/ea1 Unit,
- BM of San Antonio, TX$22.00/ea1 Unit,