Shipping Policy on Cigar Auctions
Shipping Savings Program
Each product contains a unique shipping charge, which is listed in the description of each lot. However, our Shipping Savings Program allows you greater savings when you win more than one item.
Shipping Cost of Additional Units
Instead of paying individual shipping charges for each product, multiple items shipped to the same address won during the same shipping period (either DAILY or WEEKLY), only the greater of the shipping charges apply, plus an amount for each additional item:
- Singles Category: $0.25
- 5-Packs Category: $0.50
- Boxes Category: $1.00
- Merchandise Category: $1.00
- Samplers Category: $1.00
- Free Fall Category: $1.00
- All Others: $1.00
Some exceptions apply, as in the case of items shipped from 3rd party vendors, oversized, and non-standard packages. Any such exceptions will be indicated in the product and shipping description.
Daily vs. Once-per-week Shipping
You have the option through your account Shipping Frequency profile to select Daily or Weekly (once-per-week) shipping of your winning bids. Then, bidders who win multiple items during the same period will receive REDUCED shipping charges. All such savings will be reflected on your Consolidated Order Summary Invoice.
- By selecting DAILY as your shipping preference, all winning bids are shipped within 1-2 business days from the day you receive your Consolidated Shipping Invoice.
- By selecting WEEKLY as your shipping preference, your winning bids will accumulate over the period of one week and shipped within 1-2 business days. For example, if you select Tuesday as your weekly shipping day, all lots closing the previous Tuesday through Monday will be processed Tuesday morning and shipped within 1-2 business days. Clear as mud? Good.
- Sorry, we cannot hold packages won on different invoices to be shipped together.
- Changing your shipping preference takes effect immediately. For example, if your current preference is DAILY and you change it to WEEKLY, your orders will be held until your desired processing day (Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday) for WEEKLY shipment. You can only change your shipping frequency once every 7 days.
Orders ship within 1-2 business days from the receipt of your Order Summary Invoice and you can expect arrival within 2-6 business days after shipment, depending on your location. Shipping times are not guaranteed.
Shipping charges are re-calculated on each invoice to factor in these savings. Therefore, the automatic winning bid confirmations you receive via email after a lot closes will not reflect shipping charges. You should refer to the Consolidated Order Summary Invoice for actual charges.
Standard shipping is UPS Ground, USPS, or a combination of both. If you select a Post Office Box or Rural Route Box as your shipping address your shipment will be delivered by the USPS. Shipping times are estimates and are not guaranteed unless otherwise noted. Expedited shipping methods are not available.
CigarBid does not ship outside of the United States.
CigarBid.com does not ship products to South Dakota.
What is HAZMAT?
HAZMAT is an abbreviation for "hazardous material". Lighters and butane are good examples of HAZMATs that are frequently sold at CigarBid.com. The FAA restricts and regulates HAZMAT shipments. If your shipping address conflicts with FAA regulations, you may see one of the following errors:
Restricted Delivery Areas
Due to FAA regulations, HAZMATs are prohibited to some shipping addresses. Lighters must be shipped via ground parcel services and therefore cannot be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, FPO, APO, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Guam. Parcel shipments usually take up to 3 weeks to arrive.
Shipments to a PO BOX
Due to FAA regulations, lighters must be shipped via ground parcel services. Deliveries to a PO BOX address requires shipment through the US Postal Service (eg. PO Box) utilizing Priority Mail and First Class methods, which are prohibited. Therefore, a physical shipping address must be used.