America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 2 days ago by Gene363. 698 replies replies.
14 Pages«<1011121314
Knowledge Recently Acquired
BuckyB93 Offline
#651 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,819
MACS wrote:
^^Weirdo.

Salmon, grouper, tuna, scallops, crab, lobster, clams, cod, halibut, mahi... octopus... shrimp... squid... full send. I'll eat all of it.


I've tried all of the above along with mussels, swordfish, trout (lake, brookie, rainbow) perch, bluegill straight out of water and into a skillet or prepped various ways. I tried them all but it's still no go. My taste buds reject it.

I'll be the first one to admit that there is something wrong with me but not liking seafood or fish is lower down the list of my many faults.
Stogie1020 Offline
#652 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,713
For the record, it was someone in my office suite who committed the transgression, not I. I was posting it for the benefit of the uninformed.

Also, Bucky, you are broken if you don't like seafood... a good grouper sandwich would cure you.
Palama Offline
#653 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 20,267
Stogie1020 wrote:
For the record, it was someone in my office suite who committed the transgression, not I. I was posting it for the benefit of the uninformed.

Also, Bucky, you are broken if you don't like seafood... a good grouper sandwich would cure you.


I don’t think I’ve ever had one but sure could use a good grouper sandwich right about now.
BuckyB93 Offline
#654 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,819
I've given an honest effort to try to like fish but to no avail. Even at high acclaimed and over priced seafood restaurants. The closest I've come to psedo enjoying fish is blackened salmon or sword fish steaks with seasonings to hide the fish taste. I know, I know... if the fish tastes fishy then it's bad fish but even the freshest fish still tastes like fish to me.

I see vacuum packed Atlantic salmon fillets at the grocery store all the time. The meat shop at the grocery store has them on ice too, but I'd guess they are one in the same. They look tasty. Rich pink in color. I have an urge to buy one and give it another try. Would probably smoke it or bake it with a slight rub of paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dill and drizzle it with some lemon juice at the end.

(kinda talking myself into getting a slab of salmon)

MACS Offline
#655 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,478
Just funnin' with you buckmeister. There's stuff I don't like, too...

Okra.
Burner02 Offline
#656 Posted:
Joined: 12-21-2010
Posts: 12,570
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#657 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 13,221
What a ridiculous statement Not talking
Stogie1020 Offline
#658 Posted:
Joined: 12-19-2019
Posts: 3,713
Palama wrote:
I don’t think I’ve ever had one but sure could use a good grouper sandwich right about now.


I am sure Mahi and Ono would be easier for you to get ahold of, but if you ever find yourself in South Florida and are heading down through Key Largo, damn near any place along the way will have a dynamite Grouper sandwich.
Palama Offline
#659 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 20,267
Stogie1020 wrote:
I am sure Mahi and Ono would be easier for you to get ahold of, but if you ever find yourself in South Florida and are heading down through Key Largo, damn near any place along the way will have a dynamite Grouper sandwich.


True dat!

A Florida trip would be to Disney World with the granddaughters but nothing in the works. Nonetheless, iffin’ I ever get there, fo’ sure it’ll be on my “To Eat” list.
Burner02 Offline
#660 Posted:
Joined: 12-21-2010
Posts: 12,570

The less you do, the less can go wrong.
Palama Offline
#661 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 20,267
Happy birthday to Danny DeVito

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/devilish-danny?fbclid=IwAR1nxmQq9HAlVql-kzCRO0_dWuW_-woUQRbg6AlQK5HEo2Mp4-JylPmlo5w
Burner02 Offline
#662 Posted:
Joined: 12-21-2010
Posts: 12,570
Nothing is ever so bad that it can't get worse.
Brewha Offline
#663 Posted:
Joined: 01-25-2010
Posts: 11,050
No good deed ever went unpunished.
tonygraz Offline
#664 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2008
Posts: 18,836
I do not like fish, but I like scallops. My wife talked me into trying fish&chips at a good restaurant on Cape Cod and I loved it, It's a major reason why I go to the cape.
frankj1 Offline
#665 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,718
what restaurant?
Sunoverbeach Offline
#666 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 13,221
Long John Silvers
frankj1 Offline
#667 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,718
you kiss yo mama wif dat mouf?
frankj1 Offline
#668 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,718
Arthur Treacher's?
MACS Offline
#669 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,478
MMMmmmmm fish n chips.

Also... Mmmmmm scallops.
frankj1 Offline
#670 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,718
[quote=MACS

Also... Mmmmmm scallops.[/quote]

might be my favorite, but almost nevah fried for me.
Love them big sea scallops, fresh without the saline or whatever they inject when "processed".
Pull off that muscle thing, rinse em good and pat 'em dry, then a little s & p and some paprika on both sides, mix some olive oil and butter in the old cast iron skillet, 'bout a minute on each side or until a little browned.WHOA! are they sweeeeet!
MACS Offline
#671 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,478
^Sounds like a plan... you know me, I love seafood.

Today is gonna be oven baked salmon with basil pesto butter and a greek style salad my wife makes with red onion, tomato, cucumber, corn and avocado. Some balsamic vinaigrette on that and bing, bang, boom... there ya go.
BuckyB93 Offline
#672 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,819
MACS wrote:
Also... Mmmmmm scallops.


frankj1 wrote:
might be my favorite, but almost nevah fried for me.
Love them big sea scallops, fresh without the saline or whatever they inject when "processed".
Pull off that muscle thing, rinse em good and pat 'em dry, then a little s & p and some paprika on both sides, mix some olive oil and butter in the old cast iron skillet, 'bout a minute on each side or until a little browned.WHOA! are they sweeeeet


I don't eat them but have made them for others and this is pretty much the way I'd cook them. Bacon wrapped sea scallops are also a big hit for seafood fans. I know how to cook them but not a fan of eating them. Fake scallops are just wrong - made from stingray, skate, or shark and using a cookie cutter circle to make it look like a scallop.

There is a nice seafood market/restaurant/distributor in my area a few towns to the east in Fitchburg, MA. They have been around for ages. https://sslobsterfitchburg.com/

They have great seafood (so I'm told). They have small limited seating restaurant, a small little market attached to it if you want to by fishy stuff and take it home. I see their delivery box trucks around town at most places that serve seafood in my neck of the woods.

If you are ever out in this area and crave seafood, I'd recommend the place.
Palama Offline
#673 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 20,267
MACS wrote:
MMMmmmmm fish n chips.

Also... Mmmmmm scallops.




frankj1 wrote:

might be my favorite, but almost nevah fried for me.
Love them big sea scallops, fresh without the saline or whatever they inject when "processed".
Pull off that muscle thing, rinse em good and pat 'em dry, then a little s & p and some paprika on both sides, mix some olive oil and butter in the old cast iron skillet, 'bout a minute on each side or until a little browned.WHOA! are they sweeeeet!


I LOVE scallops too! Gimme a heads up next time you get some, I’ll be there in time for the 1st seating.

Years ago my MIL used to buy us dried scallops from Japan all the time…but so much that eventually we got tired of it. Now, they’re expen$ive and not something you just pick up on a whim.
BuckyB93 Offline
#674 Posted:
Joined: 07-16-2004
Posts: 12,819
Hmm... wonder what it costs to ship some fresh or frozen scallops to HI?
Palama Offline
#675 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 20,267
BuckyB93 wrote:
Hmm... wonder what it costs to ship some fresh or frozen scallops to HI?


Haha! No worries, every major super market / big box has them. Unfortunately they aren’t a favorite of my wife’s so I usually order them when we’re at a restaurant or sushi bar.
frankj1 Offline
#676 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,718
BuckyB93 wrote:
I don't eat them but have made them for others and this is pretty much the way I'd cook them. Bacon wrapped sea scallops are also a big hit for seafood fans. I know how to cook them but not a fan of eating them. Fake scallops are just wrong - made from stingray, skate, or shark and using a cookie cutter circle to make it look like a scallop.

There is a nice seafood market/restaurant/distributor in my area a few towns to the east in Fitchburg, MA. They have been around for ages. https://sslobsterfitchburg.com/

They have great seafood (so I'm told). They have small limited seating restaurant, a small little market attached to it if you want to by fishy stuff and take it home. I see their delivery box trucks around town at most places that serve seafood in my neck of the woods.

If you are ever out in this area and crave seafood, I'd recommend the place.

oooh baby, that's a great menu!
MACS Offline
#677 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,478
frankj1 wrote:
oooh baby, that's a great menu!


I'll take a Shore Dinner, please!! Chowdah, Steamahs, and a faahkin lawbstah!?? Heaven on a plate.
frankj1 Offline
#678 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,718
I feel bad for Bucky. If we all go there he's gonna hafta get the foot long for $4.99!

Kidding aside, gotta get the local MAssHoles to take The Hajj and party there with Buckminster.
Huzza3045 Offline
#679 Posted:
Joined: 11-07-2022
Posts: 31
New knowledge: if you use lapsang souchong tea to make simple syrup, it makes the syrup taste like smoke. Then put it in your old fashioned cocktail. I call it “the burnt Reynolds”
Burner02 Offline
#680 Posted:
Joined: 12-21-2010
Posts: 12,570
Every solution breeds new problems.
frankj1 Offline
#681 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,718
Huzza3045 wrote:
New knowledge: if you use lapsang souchong tea to make simple syrup, it makes the syrup taste like smoke. Then put it in your old fashioned cocktail. I call it “the burnt Reynolds”

I miss Burnt Reynolds
Sunoverbeach Offline
#682 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 13,221
The Subaru WRX is, by percentage, the most ticketed (for speeding) model car in the US
MACS Offline
#683 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 76,478
Sunoverbeach wrote:
The Subaru WRX is, by percentage, the most ticketed (for speeding) model car in the US


AWD... 4 wheel independent suspension... 270 hp intercooled turbo 4cyl... in a car that weighs 3300 lbs.

Very good handling, fast car that's fun to drive. Makes total sense to me.
Sunoverbeach Offline
#684 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 13,221
Agreed. The surprising part to me was that while another 8 of the top ten were also light, sportyish coupes, #7 was the GMC 1500
deadeyedick Offline
#685 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 15,033
Sunoverbeach wrote:
The Subaru WRX is, by percentage, the most ticketed (for speeding) model car in the US


Kiddies pocket rocket.
Burner02 Offline
#686 Posted:
Joined: 12-21-2010
Posts: 12,570
It is impossible to make anything fool proof because fools are so ingenious.
8trackdisco Offline
#687 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 57,594
The VA center here in Green Bay has its own federal police force.
Gave a ride to a person working in the federal police.

Imagine how many acts of violence or threats of violence happens there where an onsite police force is needed?
Sunoverbeach Offline
#688 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 13,221
I'd expect nothing less from such an uncouth fan base.

Go Bears!!!
deadeyedick Offline
#689 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 15,033
One in every three of us have an unequal leg length which may cause back problems.

Poor tripod.Unsure
frankj1 Offline
#690 Posted:
Joined: 02-08-2007
Posts: 42,718
one in three legs?

that explains a lot!
deadeyedick Offline
#691 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 15,033
Thanksgiving fact:

There are three US towns named Turkey. They are in Texas, Kentucky and North Carolina.
Burner02 Offline
#692 Posted:
Joined: 12-21-2010
Posts: 12,570
A shortcut is the longest distance between two points.
Gene363 Offline
#693 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,772

What's worse than a box full of snakes?



A box that was supposed to be full of snakes.
8trackdisco Offline
#694 Posted:
Joined: 11-06-2004
Posts: 57,594
The leading world exporters of bananas is Ecuador.

That's bananas.
Burner02 Offline
#695 Posted:
Joined: 12-21-2010
Posts: 12,570
Gene363 wrote:
What's worse than a box full of snakes?



A box that was supposed to be full of snakes.




Especially if the box was full when one went to sleep.

deadeyedick Offline
#696 Posted:
Joined: 03-13-2003
Posts: 15,033
It is a good idea to be very careful when exhaling through your cigar unless you don't particularly like the shirt you are wearing.

Trust me.
Palama Offline
#697 Posted:
Joined: 02-05-2013
Posts: 20,267
deadeyedick wrote:
It is a good idea to be very careful when exhaling through your cigar unless you don't particularly like the shirt you are wearing.

Trust me.


I, unfortunately, know exactly what you’re saying! d'oh!

Nothing like literally blowing the ash off while purging. Brick wall
Gene363 Offline
#698 Posted:
Joined: 01-24-2003
Posts: 28,772
You know it's Fall in Florida when...



The license plate colors begin to change.


Here In South Carolina we can observe it on southbound I-20.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
14 Pages«<1011121314