Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12345NextLast
" The Bat out of Hell 500"
101. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 1/29/2022, 1:49PM EST
Why was the dog stealing shingles?

He wanted to be a woofer.
102. Author: dkeageDate: Sat, 1/29/2022, 1:57PM EST
Smoker lit. Pork belly, salmon and bone in chicken breast going on. Sunny and 61! Beer
103. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Sat, 1/29/2022, 5:17PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
You probably get this kind of weather routinely.

I'll make sure the Northeast sends all we got for a good report for Mrs. Disco

Not the kind of snow you are talking about. Couple times a winter we get 10-15 inches. It is the week or week and a half where it doesn’t get above zero and two or three where it never gets above freezing.

It’s like living Doctor Zhivago without the scenery.
104. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sat, 1/29/2022, 5:26PM EST
Well, I've stalled as long as I can. Back to remodeling mode. 1 more bedroom, then hall, stairway, foyer, dining room, living room, and family room. yay
105. Author: frankj1Date: Sat, 1/29/2022, 6:25PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
Well, I've stalled as long as I can. Back to remodeling mode. 1 more bedroom, then hall, stairway, foyer, dining room, living room, and family room. yay

so how many rooms are actually done?

you want me and Drafter should come hel....uh, hold on.

can't make it, snowed in.
and X has um, the sun is in his eyes, can't drive.
never mind.
Sorry
106. Author: MACSDate: Sat, 1/29/2022, 7:02PM EST
Convoluted story... weird ending. Ready... begin.

So there I was at the dog park... a few weeks ago.

My dog and another dog are playing, having a good time. Dog's owner and I strike up a conversation. He's a GM for a brewery in the area. Very cool. We talk beer for awhile. He hands me a coin with the brewery logo. Tells me to stop by and have a beer on the house... bar is dog friendly, bring Tank. Very cool.

Fast forward a few weeks later... Tank and I are leaving the dog park, it's after noon on a Saturday, lemme see if this joint is open... it is! Let's go have a free beer Tank.

Tank and I get to the bar and after he greets everyone The bartender asks me what'll I have. I show her my coin and tell her Bob sent me for a free beer. She's like, cool... he should be here in a few minutes. She sets me up with a few tasters so I can figure out which beer I want to have and I pick their Yuengling clone. Very good beer...

One of my former coworkers shows up, I chat with him for a bit, catch up, very cool.

Guy sits next to me with his girlfriend and we start talking, Bob shows up and we all start talking. Guy says, oh you know Bob... and asks me if I know the owner, who happens to be retired Navy... tells me his name. I'm like... say what?

He tells me again. I used to be stationed in Greece with a guy by that name! Is it the same guy? Shows me a picture... yup, it's the same guy. He texts him, shares the contact info, we text a bit... and we're gonna catch up tomorrow and watch some football.

Weird ending... I had a second beer, and after I went to pee... Tank and I just bounced. Didn't pay for my second beer or tip the freakin bartender. No, I was not drunk I was there for 2 hours and had 2 beers.

Texted my buddy and was like... "Dude! I totally stiffed your bartender!" All good... I'm gonna pay my tab tomorrow. d'oh!
107. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sat, 1/29/2022, 7:23PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
so how many rooms are actually done?

Done is kitchen, 2.5 baths, and 3 bedrooms.

I can work slow so there's still some left come spring. Wouldn't want you to miss out
108. Author: frankj1Date: Sat, 1/29/2022, 7:38PM EST
MACS wrote:

My dog and another dog are playing, having a good time. Dog's owner and I strike up a conversation. He's a GM for a brewery in the area. Very cool. We talk beer for awhile. He hands me a coin with the brewery logo. Tells me to stop by and have a beer on the house... bar is dog friendly, bring Tank. Very cool.

Fast forward a few weeks later... Tank and I are leaving the dog park, it's after noon on a Saturday, lemme see if this joint is open... it is! Let's go have a free beer Tank.

Tank and I get to the bar and after he greets everyone The bartender asks me what'll I have. I show her my coin and tell her Bob sent me for a free beer. She's like, cool... he should be here in a few minutes. She sets me up with a few tasters so I can figure out which beer I want to have and I pick their Yuengling clone. Very good beer...

One of my former coworkers shows up, I chat with him for a bit, catch up, very cool.

Guy sits next to me with his girlfriend and we start talking, Bob shows up and we all start talking. Guy says, oh you know Bob... and asks me if I know the owner, who happens to be retired Navy... tells me his name. I'm like... say what?

He tells me again. I used to be stationed in Greece with a guy by that name! Is it the same guy? Shows me a picture... yup, it's the same guy. He texts him, shares the contact info, we text a bit... and we're gonna catch up tomorrow and watch some football.

Weird ending... I had a second beer, and after I went to pee... Tank and I just bounced. Didn't pay for my second beer or tip the freakin bartender. No, I was not drunk I was there for 2 hours and had 2 beers.

Texted my buddy and was like... "Dude! I totally stiffed your bartender!" All good... I'm gonna pay my tab tomorrow. d'oh!

I love this story.
109. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 1/29/2022, 7:54PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
I love this story.

Yup, pretty cool. ThumpUp
110. Author: HockeyDadDate: Sat, 1/29/2022, 9:10PM EST
MACS wrote:

I thought this was gonna end with: “And now we all have ‘Rona!”
111. Author: Mr. JonesDate: Sat, 1/29/2022, 9:43PM EST
Blame it on a "RONA HAZE CONFUSION EPISODE"
112. Author: dkeageDate: Sat, 1/29/2022, 9:44PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
I thought this was gonna end with: “And now we all have ‘Rona!”

Wait for it....
113. Author: frankj1Date: Sat, 1/29/2022, 10:54PM EST
dkeage wrote:
Wait for it....

why wait? coulda got free 15 minute rapid results
114. Author: MACSDate: Sat, 1/29/2022, 11:40PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
why wait? coulda got free 15 minute rapid results

Or a couple free beers if you skip out... HA!
115. Author: BuckyB93Date: Sun, 1/30/2022, 12:11AM EST
I could say something like ... or one week payed to stay at home if you test + and are vax or two week if test + an not vax... no questions asked or proof needed.

(the logic doesn't compute in my pea brain)

But I won't. This is a 500. No Rona discussion is allowed.

What’s the most terrifying word in nuclear physics or medical surgeries?
“Oops!”
116. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 12:31AM EST
Why did the blonde bury her cell phone?

The battery died.
117. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 9:02AM EST
MACS wrote:

YOU Shawny MACS are the MAN!

Befriend a guy 25 or 30 years ago, culminating in acquiring two free beers.
Master of the Long Con.
118. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 9:15AM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Not the kind of snow you are talking about. Couple times a winter we get 10-15 inches. It is the week or week and a half where it doesn’t get above zero and two or three where it never gets above freezing.

It’s like living Doctor Zhivago without the scenery.

The snow bothers me none. I dont like shoveling the driveway but it's just something that needs to be done.

It's the deep freeze that I can't stand. I'm fine to about 20f as long as I'm doing something like shoveling snow or tending to the chickens. But at/around/below zero I hate it so much. The air hurts.
119. Author: tonygrazDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 9:23AM EST
0 at 8 AM - wind chill -12 . Supposed to get up to about 20 this afternoon. May take a stab at starting to clear the driveway.
120. Author: Ram27Date: Sun, 1/30/2022, 10:09AM EST
Howdy dowdy peeps.Applause
121. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 10:21AM EST
Morning, peoples
122. Author: MACSDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 10:29AM EST
37, but the sun is already out so it should warm up soon enough.

Sposta get to 73 today.
123. Author: izonfireDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 10:39AM EST
Why did the bike fall over?
It was two tired…
124. Author: ChenoDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 11:46AM EST
Of course I start feeling better and then the kid gets sick. Now we got Connor with positive with Covid. Ugh, we are assuming Quinn will have it soon since they are always playing together.
125. Author: BuckyB93Date: Sun, 1/30/2022, 1:08PM EST
RIP the Cheno clan.

I kid, I kid. But seriously, rest up drink lots of fluids. Hopefully it'll pass in a few days.

Folks still digging out from the snow here. Clear skies, sunny and mid teens.

Took a walk to get some fresh air. Had to wear sunglasses as the snow reflects most of the sunlight. I like the cold crisp clean air after a good snowfall. Rather quiet and peaceful with some sounds of snow blowers running. Fresh fallen snow tends to deaden the background noise.

The local golf course is a popular place for sledding and inner tubing after a snowfall. On a nice day like today there will probably be like 50 people there of all ages. Don't know what hole it is (I don't golf) but guessing it's the 18th hole as it looks to be the last hole leading up to the clubhouse. The tees are on top of a nice nice hill with a wide open fairway then it slopes back up before you hit the green. You can prolly reach 25+ mph by the time you get to the bottom. You don't have to worry about getting cold either. You have to walk back up the hill for your next run so it's a little bit of a work out. Tomorrow might be the better day once the snow gets packed down.
126. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 1:39PM EST
Cheno wrote:
Of course I start feeling better and then the kid gets sick. Now we got Connor with positive with Covid. Ugh, we are assuming Quinn will have it soon since they are always playing together.

Oh boy, can’t catch a break, can ya? Gonz

How about Nikki and Gavin? Think
127. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 1:56PM EST
Heated gloves is the ticket. 24/14 on the dog walk. On the lowest setting, fingers were still reasonably warm.
128. Author: ChenoDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 2:05PM EST
Palama wrote:
Oh boy, can’t catch a break, can ya? Gonz

How about Nikki and Gavin? Think

Gavin is good especially since he just got over it a month ago. Nikki is doing good, she is trying to stay clean.
129. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 2:14PM EST
Bubbles. The whole family needs self contained environments. I'll check Amazon

Hope you all come through OK
130. Author: MACSDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 2:19PM EST
Yep... Godspeed to all of you. Get healthy Cheno clan!!
131. Author: frankj1Date: Sun, 1/30/2022, 2:20PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
RIP the Cheno clan.

I kid, I kid. But seriously, rest up drink lots of fluids. Hopefully it'll pass in a few days.

Folks still digging out from the snow here. Clear skies, sunny and mid teens.

Took a walk to get some fresh air. Had to wear sunglasses as the snow reflects most of the sunlight. I like the cold crisp clean air after a good snowfall. Rather quiet and peaceful with some sounds of snow blowers running. Fresh fallen snow tends to deaden the background noise.

The local golf course is a popular place for sledding and inner tubing after a snowfall. On a nice day like today there will probably be like 50 people there of all ages. Don't know what hole it is (I don't golf) but guessing it's the 18th hole as it looks to be the last hole leading up to the clubhouse. The tees are on top of a nice nice hill with a wide open fairway then it slopes back up before you hit the green. You can prolly reach 25+ mph by the time you get to the bottom. You don't have to worry about getting cold either. You have to walk back up the hill for your next run so it's a little bit of a work out. Tomorrow might be the better day once the snow gets packed down.

I have a barely used Flexible Flyer. Bought it in 6th grade cuz our old sleds were too short for me...never could have predicted that sledding would become so uncool when I reached 7th grade (Jr. High).
By the time I had kids, no one was using good old sleds anymore, everything was plastic.

Told the kids that the good old F.F. had some steerability, but they fell to the power of mob rule and opted for plastic.

Had a short lived small victory though, got everyone to love this toboggan run that would get built up every Winter. But that ended when the town caved into pressure that it was too risky and a potential law suit waiting to happen.
Probably built the wooden structure every Winter for 60 years and probably had less than a couple dozen deaths and broken backs...but no law suits I bet.

Wonder what the ol' Flyer is worth these days
132. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 2:50PM EST
Grew up on the plastic and one wood slatted sled, not a toboggan though. Then tried out the cousin's Flyer one winter. So much better speed and distance
133. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 2:57PM EST
Cheno wrote:
Gavin is good especially since he just got over it a month ago. Nikki is doing good, she is trying to stay clean.

ThumpUp

Forgot that Gavin had it earlier. But good that he and Mom are good.
134. Author: Gene363Date: Sun, 1/30/2022, 4:06PM EST
MACS wrote:
Yep... Godspeed to all of you. Get healthy Cheno clan!!

+1
135. Author: BuckyB93Date: Sun, 1/30/2022, 4:23PM EST
Sunoverbeach wrote:
Grew up on the plastic and one wood slatted sled, not a toboggan though. Then tried out the cousin's Flyer one winter. So much better speed and distance

Yeah, never had much luck with the Flyers type of sleds. Need a hard pack snow so the runners have a surface to ride on and not dig in.

Inner tubes and the plastic sleds with a wide base work best in my experience.

I vividly remember sledding with my sister way back when we were 10 ish (?). Just the two of us that day - back in the day when kids went outside on their own to play. There was a hiking trail on a hill near our house that we'd hike in the summer and used for sledding in the winter. It was a windy trail with switchbacks so you had to steer with your feet (dig in your toes to steer).

She missed a turn and smashed headlong into a tree. Her head snapped back like a rag doll. (Oh, ****... mom's gonna be mad). She came too in a minute or so. No harm, no foul. Let's go again...

Thinking back, I'm sure she had to have received a concussion from head butting that tree. The vision of my younger sister as a rag doll on that run is still burned in my memory banks but it's not likely she remembers it.

Ahh... the good 'ol days.
136. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 4:35PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
Yeah, never had much luck with the Flyers type of sleds. Need a hard pack snow so the runners have a surface to ride on and not dig in.

Inner tubes and the plastic sleds with a wide base work best in my experience.

I vividly remember sledding with my sister way back when we were 10 ish (?). Just the two of us that day - back in the day when kids went outside on their own to play. There was a hiking trail on a hill near our house that we'd hike in the summer and used for sledding in the winter. It was a windy trail with switchbacks so you had to steer with your feet (dig in your toes to steer).

She missed a turn and smashed headlong into a tree. Her head snapped back like a rag doll. (Oh, ****... mom's gonna be mad). She came too in a minute or so. No harm, no foul. Let's go again...

Thinking back, I'm sure she had to have received a concussion from head butting that tree. The vision of my younger sister as a rag doll on that run is still burned in my memory banks but it's not likely she remembers it.

Ahh... the good 'ol days.

They were. Lived similar stuff. You don’t report the concussion because of the probable beating you’ll get for being so stupid as to get a concussion. Fine 1970s parenting moments.
137. Author: BuckyB93Date: Sun, 1/30/2022, 5:21PM EST
10 yr old's back then didn't know anything about concussions. No blood, no foul. Just kinda lost a little time.

I'm sure I've had a couple during my early years playing neighborhood pick up games of tackle football where the only equipment needed was a Nerf football and out of bounds was defined as the sidewalk. Bike crashes (bike helmets weren't invented back in the day), body slams in wresting practice... Smelling salts were a staple of most Jr High/High school first aid kits.

Luckily, my skeletal structure has only lost one front tooth and a few broken bones to date.
138. Author: rfenstDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 5:45PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
He could always sell the truck to Danm.

whip
Cruel.
139. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 6:01PM EST
Mahomes …wtf?

He’s must be making more than a Super Bowl check today based on his performance.
140. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 6:17PM EST
Congrats Joey Cigar. Go win it all.

What do Mahomes and I have in common?

We both cashed in on a Bengals money line wager.

Made a $5.02 profit. How did you do, Patrick?
141. Author: HockeyDadDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 6:26PM EST
Go Niners!
142. Author: dkeageDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 6:30PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Mahomes …wtf?

He’s must be making more than a Super Bowl check today based on his performance.

He did play well in the second half and OT. (Master of the obvious)
143. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 6:46PM EST
dkeage wrote:
He did play well in the second half and OT. (Master of the obvious)

Athletes often talk about Giving Back. He certainly did today.
144. Author: MACSDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 8:39PM EST
HockeyDad wrote:
Go Niners!

You said it muh fugga...
145. Author: MACSDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 8:43PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Athletes often talk about Giving Back. He certainly did today.

Watched the game at my buddie's bar. That is to say, we were flapping our yappers and looking at the TV when people screamed. So much fun catching up with my friend. Left the place just as KC tied it up and OT was starting. Got home and the Bengals won?!?? HELL YEAH!!

Niners had no shot at beating the Chiefs. It was going to end the same ****n way it did 2 years ago. So I am hoping the Niners can pull off the upset and go 3-0 against the Bengirls.
146. Author: MACSDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 8:44PM EST
^And if they can't pull off the win... GO BENGALS!!
147. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 8:54PM EST
You have been drinking beers.
Garop has one job. Don’t lose the game.
Dilfer-West.
148. Author: PalamaDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 9:35PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Dilfer-West.

Shades of Kyler Murray!
149. Author: MACSDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 9:43PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Dilfer-West.

HEY! Don't be mad at me because your team lost. If the Niners lose and the Chiefs won... I'd be pulling for your team.

Now lick your god-damned wounds and start rooting for the fkn niners, dammit.

I already admitted the only shot the Niners had was if the Chiefs lost. They lost. Put your fkn Niners hat on, damn you.
150. Author: MACSDate: Sun, 1/30/2022, 9:45PM EST
God damn you Jimmy fkn Pickolo...

I'm a Bengals fan. F--k the Rams. They should have lost to the Niners again.
FirstPrev12345NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic