Buckwheat
10 years ago

By the way neither of my grandmothers had a valid ID for the last 20 or more years of their lives.

teedubbya wrote:



I knew a person in West Virginia that was 100% off the grid. No birth certificate, no driver's license, no SSN, no driver's license. Never paid taxes or one dime to the government. No form of ID besides his name. When I meet him he just went by Barry. He was born at home about 75 years ago in the deep woods of West Virginia and lived in a small "cabin" with no running water or electricity. He came to Louisville, KY about 40 years ago and got nervous because of all the people and just split. I don't believe he gave two chits about voting. I've not heard if he is even still alive. So people are out there that will never have any form of ID. I think it's getting a lot rarer these days. 🌫
Covfireman
10 years ago

What if I told you that only citizens shoulf have the right to own land?

jjanecka wrote:




Mexico has that for any territory within 50 miles of the coast . Non citizens get by it by doing a long term lease 100 years used to be the norm .
dstieger
10 years ago

That's the spirit! Now you understand what it is to be either a democrat or republican.

What if I told you that only citizens shoulf have the right to own land?

jjanecka wrote:




That was the case in the Philippines, also....fortunately....it gave me some leverage to talk my ex wife out of what would have been a lousy investment in a fish farm


Let's say we let those without photo ID vote, but just count their votes as 3/5 of a single ID-vote.
Speyside
10 years ago
I would prefer 6/10.
opelmanta1900
10 years ago

I knew a person in West Virginia that was 100% off the grid. No birth certificate, no driver's license, no SSN, no driver's license. Never paid taxes or one dime to the government. No form of ID besides his name. When I meet him he just went by Barry. He was born at home about 75 years ago in the deep woods of West Virginia and lived in a small "cabin" with no running water or electricity. He came to Louisville, KY about 40 years ago and got nervous because of all the people and just split. I don't believe he gave two chits about voting. I've not heard if he is even still alive. So people are out there that will never have any form of ID. I think it's getting a lot rarer these days. 🌫

Buckwheat wrote:


You could probably find him on Facebook...
Brewha
10 years ago

Brewha.

There is absolutely no cost for the individual to attain a valid ID. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Nothing.

Not even the price of fuel. It's a free ride.


Nice try at an argument though.

What else ya got?

Mattie B wrote:


I guess in the Sip, time is not money.

I will say this though - you guys down there sure like to give away free stuff.
An here I though it was a red state....
Covfireman
10 years ago

That was the case in the Philippines, also....fortunately....it gave me some leverage to talk my ex wife out of what would have been a lousy investment in a fish farm


Let's say we let those without photo ID vote, but just count their votes as 3/5 of a single ID-vote.

dstieger wrote:




Or better yet let's restrictions t it by race and religion .
opelmanta1900
10 years ago

Or better yet let's restrictions t it by race and religion .

Covfireman wrote:



Don't put restrictions on t its...
Mattie B
10 years ago
Brewha

For most, time is money. (Wish I got paid for my time here)

However, if you don't have an ID, vehicle or money....I'm thinking you have lots of free time.

I hardly think of a free ID as an entitlement.
jjanecka
10 years ago
Yeah no tit restrictions even if they're lopsided...
Mattie B
10 years ago
Victor.

I always thought of you as above par. Maybe I should lower my expectations, but I'm not.

Be a better you buddy. It's not hard. Remember, I've been praying for you specifically. You have help
jjanecka
10 years ago

Brewha

For most, time is money. (Wish I got paid for my time here)

However, if you don't have an ID, vehicle or money....I'm thinking you have lots of free time.

I hardly think of a free ID as an entitlement.

Mattie B wrote:




What a great idea. Tie up people's time at work so they have no ability to vote shoulda thought that one up sooner!
Brewha
10 years ago

Brewha

For most, time is money. (Wish I got paid for my time here)

However, if you don't have an ID, vehicle or money....I'm thinking you have lots of free time.

I hardly think of a free ID as an entitlement.

Mattie B wrote:


The thought of an 80 year old having to spend the day on busses and at the DMV purely "protect" us from the fallacy of voter fraud is heinous. And at full cost to the taxpayer.

These law are designed to discourage voting by the poor, disenfranchised and elderly. And when people sell it as benefit they to it because they know how many people will turn a blind eye to the facts.....

This is a bad and unamerican thing.
- even in the Sip.
Mattie B
10 years ago
I'm going to cut some slack since you know not of what you speak.

This is from the Sec of States page

HOW CAN I GET A MISSISSIPPI VOTER ID CARD?

It is EASY and FREE! All Mississippi Circuit Clerks are authorized to issue Mississippi Voter Identification Cards to all Mississippi registered voters who do not have any of the other acceptable forms of photo ID.
See the list of clerk's offices.
You must first be a registered voter in Mississippi. Download a voter registration form.
Go to any Circuit Clerk's Office during regular business hours. (Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) If you need a ride, call 1-844-MSVOTER (1-844-678-6837).
Present ONE form of acceptable identification. Check the list of acceptable documents.
If you do not have any of the identification documents listed, the clerk may verify birth information free of charge if you provide your date of birth, the state where you were born, and your mother's maiden name.
Complete and sign a Voter ID Application. Assistance will be provided, if requested.
View a sample application form.
Have your picture taken at the Circuit Clerk's Office.
Your Voter ID card will be mailed to you.
If the next election is within 45 days, you will receive a receipt for your Mississippi Voter Identification Card from the Circuit Clerk. The receipt may be used as your photo ID when voting at the polls.






I've been to the circuit clerks office many times. I've never waited in line longer than I've waited to vote.
banderl
10 years ago

Richard M. Nixon would disagree.
Google Daley 1960.

tailgater wrote:




Never proven.
Brewha
10 years ago

I'm going to cut some slack since you know not of what you speak.

This is from the Sec of States page

HOW CAN I GET A MISSISSIPPI VOTER ID CARD?

It is EASY and FREE! All Mississippi Circuit Clerks are authorized to issue Mississippi Voter Identification Cards to all Mississippi registered voters who do not have any of the other acceptable forms of photo ID.
See the list of clerk's offices.
You must first be a registered voter in Mississippi. Download a voter registration form.
Go to any Circuit Clerk's Office during regular business hours. (Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) If you need a ride, call 1-844-MSVOTER (1-844-678-6837).
Present ONE form of acceptable identification. Check the list of acceptable documents.
If you do not have any of the identification documents listed, the clerk may verify birth information free of charge if you provide your date of birth, the state where you were born, and your mother's maiden name.
Complete and sign a Voter ID Application. Assistance will be provided, if requested.
View a sample application form.
Have your picture taken at the Circuit Clerk's Office.
Your Voter ID card will be mailed to you.
If the next election is within 45 days, you will receive a receipt for your Mississippi Voter Identification Card from the Circuit Clerk. The receipt may be used as your photo ID when voting at the polls.






I've been to the circuit clerks office many times. I've never waited in line longer than I've waited to vote.

Mattie B wrote:



Oh, I went to the sates web site - and saw that text exactly before I responded, so save your slack.

But you go right on pretending this is the right thing. And when your 80 - you spend the day on the free bus and at the DMV so you can vote.
opelmanta1900
10 years ago
there are probably less ID-less 80 year olds who want to vote but don't have the time, money, or ability to obtain an ID than there are instances of alleged voter fraud each election cycle... just my guess...
frankj1
10 years ago

there are probably less ID-less 80 year olds who want to vote but don't have the time, money, or ability to obtain an ID than there are instances of alleged voter fraud each election cycle... just my guess...

opelmanta1900 wrote:


if you are right, the split is something like 38 to 46.

non issue. easy to get id's or not, it's a non issue.

let's get officials who want to solve the budget instead.
tailgater
10 years ago

The thought of an 80 year old having to spend the day on busses and at the DMV purely "protect" us from the fallacy of voter fraud is heinous. And at full cost to the taxpayer.

These law are designed to discourage voting by the poor, disenfranchised and elderly. And when people sell it as benefit they to it because they know how many people will turn a blind eye to the facts.....

.

Brewha wrote:



Alarmist freak.

Just sayin'
tailgater
10 years ago
And the fact that Daley rigged the Chicago polls to propel Kennedy to the white house proves that voter fraud is a non-issue.


Wait.



Users browsing this topic