Brewha
6 years ago
Saying any efforts to control guns leads to confiscation is just a trick to stop even the most reasonable controls.

It is “beer leads to heroin” argument parents use when they want their kid to grow up to be accountants....
Unloader
6 years ago

.... That's an odd position to take. I really would recommend using data to develop things you believe to be facts rather than just opinion.

victor809 wrote:




I don't believe I need a ton of data to form an opinion when I see what's happening before my eyes

And I'm not only speaking of gun control
Brewha
6 years ago
Careful now.

I warn you that believing is seeing.
Unloader
6 years ago

Saying any efforts to control guns leads to confiscation is just a trick to stop even the most reasonable controls.

It is “beer leads to heroin” argument parents use when they want their kid to grow up to be accountants....

Brewha wrote:




I believe they want to control guns to eventually confiscate them the left is the one with the trick up their sleeve

If reasonable people perpose reasonable ideas I would listen

The left are unreasonable wither they know it or not
Unloader
6 years ago

Careful now.

I warn you that believing is seeing.

Brewha wrote:



If it looks like a duck swims like a duck and quacks like a duck then it probably is a duck

Careful now cause seeing is believing
Brewha
6 years ago

I believe they want to control guns to eventually confiscate them the left is the one with the trick up their sleeve

If reasonable people perpose reasonable ideas I would listen

The left are unreasonable wither they know it or not

Unloader wrote:


What about background check and permitting strikes you as unreasonable?
Brewha
6 years ago

If it looks like a duck swims like a duck and quacks like a duck then it probably is a duck

Careful now cause seeing is believing

Unloader wrote:


Ok, you win - “Seeing is believing”.
Woh said that, P.T.Barnum?

Trouble is, people tend to see what they are looking for even when it is not there. And if you look for that, you will see it everywhere.
Speyside
6 years ago
I think we have been invaded by Russian bots. Every time a a Cbid alt right noob disappears a new one rises from the ashes spouting the same preprogrammed phrases. The preponderance of incoherent thought is troubling. I had hoped since the last presidential election cycle they would have become more sophisticated, but I suppose they only need to pander to the sophistication level of those they control. Free thought bad, free speech good, ooh Trumps giving a free speech!!! Guns not bad, people bad, guns no kill, people kill, don't forget your hood for the gun show!!!
Mr. Jones
6 years ago
#27 whiSTLe....

Your back on my top 5 LIST...
IT'S A GOOD LIST...

UnlIKE...
My other cosTLy LISTS...LIKE my PPL AnD PLL lists of FBI RAT INFORMANTS AND SSG GANGSTALKER AGENTS FROM
9-11-12 TO 5-15-15...
FIVE FIFTEEN FIFTEEN...
The day of reckoning for felon FBI MURDERER's....
Speyside
6 years ago
Jonsey, a serious question. If they are above the law how do they ever get a day of reckoning?
ZRX1200
6 years ago
Brewha, background checks and permits?

Tell me what we already have kind sir......

I think you should have to ask Tittmus for permission to exercise your first amendment rights.

Mr. Jones
6 years ago
SPEY ...

ITS
CALLED
K.A.R.M.A.

AND A WELL FUNDED
P.P.L. AND A P.L.L.... $750 K....best money ever speNT

OOOOPPPPSSSSS....
POOR RATS AND AGENTS.....

OH WELL..PART OF tHe eqUAtioN

Speyside
6 years ago
Jonsey on a certain level I get that. But what if their backing is truely above the law? Bilderberg Group, which I won't say again. Wouldn't that make them untouchable? I ask this out of ignorance.
Mr. Jones
6 years ago
Not to somebody already on a historical pay roll ...
By the common FBI...

There
Are maNY levels above those douche bags...

These bodies don't like exposure...
Hence start with the first one...till it's done...
Unless...he has connections...
Speyside
6 years ago
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for helping me sort that out. You have experience here. As I said I asked out of ignorance.
Mrs. dpnewell
6 years ago

What about background check and permitting strikes you as unreasonable?

Brewha wrote:



First thing, requiring a permit to exercise a Constitutional right is an infringement on that right. Would you be OK with requiring a permit to exercise your 1st Amendment right, or how about the 4th, 6th, 13th, 19th or 24th? How about requiring a government issued permit to vote? I'm not talking about a photo ID, but requiring that you obtain the government's permission before you are permitted to vote, as well as a back ground check to make sure you are mentally competent. I mean it's just a common sense approach to make sure only qualified, mentally competent Citizens vote, right? Why would any rational person be against that? No one would be trying to take away your right to vote, we would just be putting some common sense restrictions on that right.

David
ZRX1200
6 years ago
David, poll tax is a one way hypocritical argument for some.

I’ve argued government violence which has killed more than gun owners and largely with immunity.
Brewha
6 years ago

Brewha, background checks and permits?

Tell me what we already have kind sir......

I think you should have to ask Tittmus for permission to exercise your first amendment rights.

ZRX1200 wrote:


Today you can buy a gun without a back ground check. And people can buy para-military weapons that they have no reason to own. No, "because its cool" and "self defense" aren't reasons.

What happen to Darth Tittmus anyway?
Brewha
6 years ago

First thing, requiring a permit to exercise a Constitutional right is an infringement on that right. Would you be OK with requiring a permit to exercise your 1st Amendment right, or how about the 4th, 6th, 13th, 19th or 24th? How about requiring a government issued permit to vote? I'm not talking about a photo ID, but requiring that you obtain the government's permission before you are permitted to vote, as well as a back ground check to make sure you are mentally competent. I mean it's just a common sense approach to make sure only qualified, mentally competent Citizens vote, right? Why would any rational person be against that? No one would be trying to take away your right to vote, we would just be putting some common sense restrictions on that right.

David

Mrs. dpnewell wrote:


You need a permit to learn to drive a car on the road. You need a permit to fish. So I guess Big Gov oppression is already here.

Well lets see now: I need and FAA permit to broadcast (1st)
Cant vote without registering.

Besides, how is a person voting at all dangerous to the public like guns are?






You'er just afraid that if we make owning a gun like driving a car the Govmut is going to take your Ginsu's.
ZRX1200
6 years ago
So if you hold black colored plastic while you talk it’s now para-military assault speech. Got it!

Tell me how you buy a gun without a background check.
Users browsing this topic