hdking
  • hdking
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
looking for examples of dog rockets,just started in a b-day club, dont want anybody to get a rocket.as many examples as you can come up with.
chipslave
22 years ago
Swisher Sweets....
ajeroth
22 years ago
La Finca--- I know some out there like this one but JMHO


ajeroth
sherpamills
22 years ago
any flavored cigar,lone wolf,black stallion,bad frog, house brands from the co. that starts with T i am sure other people will add to the list
Cigarick
22 years ago
Dark Sharks, Diesels...
gerber
22 years ago
Evelio
Valiente
statelandman
22 years ago
Whorepower, er, I mean Horsepower 150.
BeatDragon
22 years ago
Bucanero Full Sail, Z, Salsa....HA! J/K!

Predator
W&D
Thomas Hinds
Te-Amo
al'Thor
22 years ago
I think it's really a matter of price, because everyone has different tastes. There are some that are liked by all and any time on the boards will show you which these are - favorites like Bucanero, Padron, CAO, Arturo Fuente, Romeo Y Julieta, Hoyo de Monterrey, Cohiba, Punch, Partagas, Perdomo, etc. these are all usually pretty safe, but when you start going for the "value" gars - gars that retail for less than, say $2 - these get dangerous - every now and then someone will find one they like, but they are usually not crowd pleasers.

The best rule of thumb for birthday clubs is find out what everyone's wish list is and try to get those or at least something similar
0patience
22 years ago
Beat, if you want, you can send me your dog rocket bucs. LOL!!

Why is predator on your list?
I like them. If you have some, I'd be willing to do some trading if you don't like them. 🙂
tm at batauto.com
sketcha
22 years ago
La Estrella Cubana!
alsant
22 years ago
beat your right i will take those bucs off your hands!!!!!!!!!
rayder1
22 years ago
Had to try those Cacique crystal tubos....ick.
Had to try the Famous Lone Wolf ... double ick. (Still go a well aged one...anyone want it?)
Had to see what a Burma tasted like...cigarette tobacco in a cigar tube.

What can I say....I'm still experimenting. I have a whole list of crappy cigars. I tend to like to see if some cheapy was overlooked by the general populace here.

What I've found is pretty much everyone here has pretty good taste in cigars. If more than a few people say it's crap....pretty good chance it is.

But, I still have to see for myself.
gvlagos
22 years ago
beatdragon....te-amo are dog rockets??
I've never heard a complaint about them from anyone! I recently tried the Te-Amo Aniversario Robusto and it was full of flavors. And if i remember correctly, Cigar Aficionado didnt have much of a complaint either with a rating of 88 or 89. I think Te-Amo may be a cigar that you dont like, but isn't a cigar that is generally considered a dog rocket....like a Bad Frog or something....just my thoughts...
-George
arwings
22 years ago
Te-Amo falls into that catagory of, "I like one every once in a long time." So a few of these go a long way (last a long time) for me. As a rule, any sub-premium cigar is not as likely to please folks across the board. Premiums tend to appeal to more folks across the board than the others. Tastes tend to be individual and specific (hence, one man's dog rocket may be another man's "go to, or everyday cigar."). However, not having that knowledge, if you just let your conscious be your guide, you will probably do ok. I've always been very reluctant to trade for the very reason you mentioned. I don't want to offend anyone by sending them cigars that they may consider "sub-standard." Good luck..........Just my thoughts...............
dbguru
22 years ago
The thing said about garage sales could also be said about cigars.

One person's trash can be another's treasure

Some of the brands mentioned here are obviously more likeley to be trash than treasure, but you never know. Describing how your taste buds react to a brand of cigar is so purely subjective.

OK - so I would encourage you to go out and find your own dog rockets. You'll be amazed how many brands with fine reputations can occassionally produce a cigar out of Fido's posterior. And conversely, many of the brand names in this thread here who are famous for mass puppy poopy production practices can once in a while produce an ok cigar.

In a nutshell.....go forth young man and discover your own dog rockets !! Rocket exploration is vital to the spirit of mankind in his quest for the unknown. (then he chokes on it)

Happy holdays

DB
coma-one
22 years ago
What DB said,

rayder1
22 years ago
5 packs and samplers. That's what I live on. Makes your mistakes smaller.
jmitre
22 years ago
I agree with Sherpamills. Any cigar from the company that starts with a "T" and ends with "N", and is a common last name.

Go Lakers-Joel
Homebrew
22 years ago
An older gentleman, whose doctor told him to quit smoking cigars, he smoked an average of 7 cigars a day, quit, and gave me a 300 count Humi, almost full of smokes. This was 2 years ago. There were a few gems, A.Fuentes, Padron, even a few ISOM's, that I didn't recognise for what they were, until I came to this forum, but alot of the aforementioned T word smokes. Well, I took the premiums, and put them in the premium humi, and left the others, in the Humi. he gave me. I maintained it, along with my humis and coolers, on the schedule I set up, but really never thought about smoking them. A couple of weeks ago, I was feeling cheap, so I pulled what I expected to be a dogrocket, out. A torp, with a Maduro wrapper. To my suprise, it was ok, not great mind you, but smokeable. I have decided, smoke at least one a week, to make sure that I am not too spoiled. I believe that the smokes, from that other place, are not as bad as a Thomas Hinds, but definately, not a go to smoke. After two years of aging, they are just what the doctor ordered, when you are having sinus problems, want a cigar, but can't taste them. I will not be buying anymore, when these are gone, but they are smokeable. I can't say that they are great, but not a bad experience. Definately better than pulling out the Black and Milds, or swishers. LOL
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
P.S. The ISOM's that were in the Humi. Were Davidoffs, not sure what year, but there were 3 of them. Yummy, even if they may be fakes. I will be smoking the last one, for New Years Eve.
Users browsing this topic