RagingMark
21 years ago
I got this in the mail today from my girlfriend's daughter. She is stationed at a camp near the Iraq border. I won't be smoking this one.

Mark
400828.JPG

Click to View Image119 View(s)

John hay Cigars
21 years ago
Thats pretty neat. Any details on it? Make?
Schmitty22
21 years ago
MACS
21 years ago
They were selling those cigars on the ship I was on.

All they sold were Cuesta Rey and Arturo Fuente 8-5-8.
Que
  • Que
  • Aficionado
21 years ago
That is cool!! Do you have any idea if there is anyway to get these on the open market? Or as John Hays Cigars asked, do you have any information on it?

Thanks,
Que
MACS
21 years ago
It's your basic offering from Cuesta Rey, in a glass tube, with a sticker on it. That's it.

I understand the sentimental value he's placing on it though, receiving it from where he did.
usahog
21 years ago
Yep a pryor co-worker/good friend who deployed awhile back brought me one that looks just like your's above Mark... and as MACS said it's the sentamental value...

their last deployment was the first one I ever missed

GodSpeed to your GF's Daughter!!!

Hog
cavscout01
21 years ago
Just in case anyone is interested... Here in Afghanistan, Cuesta Rey has put out the same thing, except they have stickers on them with "Enduring Freedom" instead... They have a few different size offerings, and are sold individually as well as by the box. If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll pick some up and send them your way.

Sarge
RagingMark
21 years ago
Like MACS(SW) said, just a regular Cuesta Rey Centenario with a sticker. The value is purely sentimental.

Mark
usahog
21 years ago
BTW I carefully unwrapped the sticker that holds the cap on and removed the cap and replaced the sticker just above where it was back around the tube...

it is now resting and aging in my humi...

Hog
likescarsz28
21 years ago
Cavscout, I would pay your cost x 2 for a few of those, I will also send $$ first. e mail me at pcushing at berkleyrisk dot com. I would like to gift them to vets in about 30 yrs!!
cavscout01
21 years ago
No problem, I'll go down to the PX today and get a size/price listing for you...

Sarge
Krubs
21 years ago
Cavscout, I might want to get a few of those. I would ditto likescarsz28 payment method. Would you mind sending me the price/size list as well?

Thanks

lwcrick
at
comcast
dot
net
cavscout01
21 years ago
Okay, Krubs, likescarsZ28, email sent...

Here is the Price/Size list, in case anyone else is interested...

Cuesta-Rey

Aristocrat Centenario(glass tubo):
Natural Wrapper
7.5 X 50
Single Stick: $6.80
Box of 10: $68.00

Captiva (aluminum tubo):
Natural Wrapper
6 X 48
Single Stick: $5.50
Box of 20: $110.00

Tuscany Centenario (aluminum tubo):
Natural Wrapper
4.5 X 54
Single Stick: $5.50
Box of 10: $55.00


Okay, so a few things to keep in mind... One, all sizes/ring guages are estimated, as they were not listed on the box, but they are close enough for you to get a good idea... All single sticks come with the "Enduring Freedom" logo, and each box also comes sealed with the logo on the top of the box, as well. As for the pricing, well, blame the Army Air Force Exchange Service...
usahog
21 years ago
I don't think those prices are that far off line??

Hog
cavscout01
21 years ago
Well, they aren't too bad, but just the fact that they are the same per stick whether you buy them individually or by the box struck me as a little odd... But I suppose that is the fair way to do it, not that anything associated with the military claims to be fair... haha

Charlie
21 years ago
My only gripe is this...........how many cigars did they send to the troops/sailors, etc serving, and how many are they selling?

I cannot see Perdomo doing such a thing!

Charlie
cavscout01
21 years ago
Good point, but I'm not going to bash them quite yet, for all I know they might have made numerous donations to individuals... But either way, I'm sure they're doing well off the profits from these cigars. They fly through the boxes at the PX on a regular basis.
Krubs
21 years ago
Sarge,
e-mail sent.
greggjosephson
21 years ago
cavscout01

I'd like to get a couple of those, could you email me
gregg at msndotcom
Users browsing this topic