flyerfixer
21 years ago
Buddhadaddy,
you got mail.
---flyerfixer---
dr_evil
21 years ago
Anyone got a comment on trading cubans? Is there any danger of getting stung by the feds?
wennerman
21 years ago
you should not openly trade for ISOMs..never know if big brother is watching (or reading)...
Tom
wennerman
21 years ago
oh by the way that is just my 0.2..others may have other thoughts
Tom
john henry
21 years ago
I would never trade isom's on a first trade,after the fist one thats differnt.
myash07
21 years ago
John Henry

How long ya been smoking cigars?
What brands do you like or want to try?
If you list a few things, most "Mad Bombers" will hit you with a fiver or so...
If you want to build up a rep in the trades boards, it is easy enough...

Send me your snailer and we can work out a trade.

myash07 at msn dot com
dr_evil
21 years ago
Thanks to everyone for the cautious advice on ISOM trading. I must admit that the temptation to buy and smoke the forbidden contraband is hard to resist since I live close to another socialist nation (Canada). I have heard of people who remove the bands and even replace them with similar Dominican bands and tubes before returning to the U.S. I must admit that I have not been terribly impressed with the few ISOMs I have tried compared to the top of the line Nicaraguan and Dominican smokes available.
moonman
21 years ago
Dr. Evil.......I would have to agree with you. The lure of the ISOM is strong & there are several that I would like to try from there still but the cost is hard to justify when I can get 5 or 6 of a non-ISOM for the same$$$ & the quality is the same or dare I say better. Just my 2 cents. But please OH PLEASE don't get me wrong because when I receive an ISOM as a gift or through a trade I'm totally PSYCHED especially if it's one that I have not tried.
Buddha Daddy
21 years ago
John Henry,

A small sampler left the building this A.M.
john henry
21 years ago
Thanks bro, You da Man!
john henry
21 years ago
To myash07: I have Been 5 years as of this month.I was taken under the wing of a very knowlegable smoker/collector.Who help me after my first year of smoking.

Nom I am spoiled ,I have a great local shop(just ask tank),And some good conections for premos.I mostly smoke vsg,fuente, and Isoms.I do smoke some lower end stuff when I drive around and work.

I,m glad to be on board here,you'all seem like a nice bunch!
Mrs.Tank
21 years ago
Tank and Tiny Tank really enjoyed stopping by the other day. Thanks for the hats!

Deb
john henry
21 years ago
Hey Dr.-evil and moon man I hate to say it,you must be getting fakes,I have only had great great stuff from the Island. Construction was a problem in 99-00. The flavor is allways there.

There are great cigars that are not isoms but to say that most dom. and nic. are better, just sound like you have not had real isoms or your palet has not developed. jmho. 🙂
john henry
21 years ago
Hey moonman another thing ,Were are you geting your pricing from? 5to 6 times more on the isoms? Stop shoping in Canada bro. There are countries with out taxes that high or no tax at all.
wennerman
21 years ago
John Henry..you are right nothin compares to a real ISOM...and yes you never want to buy from canada..unless you like giving your money away Ex: whats costs 120 everywhere else is 250 + in canada...geeee where do I want to shop????
and yes just my 0.2..
john henry
21 years ago
True wennerman,I will put a 4$ partagus short up to the test on some of the crap that goes for 10$ +.Gerkahs beast is 22$ @ my local shop ,what a F-ing joke.

I'm not saying there are not good non-isoms out there but the real ones for the most part are a much better value and the taste is out of this world.
dr_evil
21 years ago
John Henry, you are probably right about ISOMs. I must confess to having a undeveloped palate. I suspect the harsh/strong experience was from either a counterfeit or under-aged sticks. I have heard that ISOMs need several months to years of rest to reach their best. I did have a very great Monte #2 once that was gifted to me by a doctor who bought them from a tobacconist in London. The flavor seemed to evolve in depth and complexity with each draw... As far as your comment on Dominican and Nicaraguan cigars being nowhere close... Well, they may not have the exact same characteristic Cuban "tang" but I have not had better than the Aurora 100 anos or Padron Anniversary. Perhaps if I was more experienced and could get ISOMs at true market value... Maybe someday I will be able to light up a real Bolivar corona the next time I travel overseas and feel differently.
john henry
21 years ago
Shoot me your email i will send you a sample of the forbiden fruit,once you go to the dark side young anakin....
dr_evil
21 years ago
John Henry,

In the words of Marlon Brando, that is an offer to good to refuse... I just hope there aren't any black helicopters or SUVs following me afterwards!

gillmjo at yahoo dot com
john henry
21 years ago
B.D. I got you newbie pack ,thanka a bunch .Very kind of you.
Users browsing this topic