jetblasted
19 years ago
A photographer friend of mine, who is a police officer, has been going thru a rough time lately . . .

He posted this picture on a photo site, and I thought it had a powerful hidden meaning ...

Hang in there, JB . . .
1052074.jpg

Click to View Image144 View(s)

Cycleman
19 years ago
Nice shot....

Sounds like he is crying out, brother.....

Cops and dentists..... high suicide rate.
hooyah1
19 years ago
Did he take this picture? If so does he want someone to play the violin for him or what? Someone that is really conflicted doesn't waste time taking pictures of themselves and posting them on websites. If you ask me this is just some guy that feels like he's not getting enough attention. My advice - get a life and stop feeling sorry for yourself. Sorry I'm so forward but is my opinion.
jetblasted
19 years ago
hooyah,

I didn't ask you ...

I could care less for your cold-hearted advice . . .

The guy was making an artistic statement, along with trying to convey some personal demons . . .

Close Minded Opinions on this board, such as yours, are a huge reason I am beginning to detest C-Bid . . .

This place has become a cesspool of hate . . .

hooyah1
19 years ago
Jet -
If I would have said "Man take care of your friend and be there for him whenever he wants to talk" you would have loved that. Now on the other hand I told you how I feel and that bothers you. You are a joke - nobody asked you to post his picture, and once you do post it you only want your opinion posted.

Well that's to bad this is an open forum and everyone has a different opinion. Case in point my wife I showed her the picture and she started laughing and said " I wonder how many hours a night he wastes taking pictures when he should be out serving the public which pays his wage". Now I never thought of that but everyone sees something different in every photo.
richard wharton
19 years ago
this situation is precisely why there are

law enforcement Chaplains in most forces.

I proudly serve as one on my local P.D.

Pastor Richard
jetblasted
19 years ago
Amazing . . .

( shaking my head . . . )
J.Redleg
19 years ago
Thanks Jet.

I love pictures that move you without an explanation.
DrMaddVibe
19 years ago
Jet, thanks for sharing.

Don't let the n00bs rattle the CBid cage. We're in this together and let's take the responsibility role and let the B$ choke the ones that write it.

Let's make them leave! You're a good BOTL...
Cigarick
19 years ago
I love it when jerkoffs are so well adjusted that they have no compassion for other's problems. Maybe that guy is going through a rough divorce. Maybe his kid has leukemia. Maybe his partner has been shot and is on life-support. Maybe the old saying is true: If you don't have anything nice to say, leave your head where it's most comfortable--up your a$$.
hooyah1
19 years ago
Hey maybe your right about his problems, but I have never seen anybody decide to photograph themselves when they are down and out. If he's going through a lot I wouldn't think he would have the time or energy for a "feel sorry for me photo session". I've had my share of problems in my life and I have never took a picture of myself in the fetal position on my couch. Maybe I should next time and post it on this site and see what everyone thinks about it.

Don't get me wrong I would think this was a great photo if someone else had taken it, and had given a little back ground about how maybe this cop single handedly pulled 4 kids from a burning building. Now if that was the background story then sure I'll pat him on the back. Like I said I think what we have here is a guy that wants some attention, and now he is getting it so good for him. I think all you bleeding hearts should get together and send some smokes to Jet so that he can give this guy a care package.

Again this is just my opinion I'm not asking you to agree with it.
DrafterX
19 years ago
Maybe. But the "poor me" assumption is a valid one. I don't know this guy but you have to admit there are some out there who want nothing more than somone to feel sorry for them. Drama Queens or what ever you want to call them. For this guy to post this on his own web site makes me wonder. Jumping all over Hooyah1 for expressing his point of view was just wrong. You posted this picture here why? Are we suppose to feel sorry for him and send a fiver or two?
DrafterX
19 years ago
#11- reading my mind?
hooyah1
19 years ago
DrafterX - Thanks for having a set between your legs. Have a great day!
TrishS@CigarBid
19 years ago
Guys,

Before this gets further out of hand, lets clarify something.

"A photographer friend of mine, who is a police officer, has been going thru a rough time lately . . .

He posted this picture on a photo site, and I thought it had a powerful hidden meaning ...

Hang in there, JB . . . "

Nowhere in this first post does it say that this is the photographer, nor does it state that it was posted on his personal website. You assume since he's a photographer friend that this is a picture of him. It might just be a picture he saw that represents how he feels.

It does, however, say that he's going through a rough time. This could mean he DID pull 4 children from a burning house, or it could mean his marriage is suffering because he can't separate work from home or any number of things.

Nowhere does it state that he's looking for any freebies. Why would you jump to that conclusion? Heck, we don't know that he's a BOTL!

Why did Jetblasted post this picture? Because it moved him and he thought we'd all like it. Because he was able to make a public statement to his friend that would hopefully let him know that others might be able to share his burden.

Why does anyone post any of the pictures here? Because they want us to laugh or think or get riled or ponder.

Please - with the negativity that has been rampant on this forum don't jump to conclusions without at least making an effort to find out the poster's reasoning.

After all, you know what happens when you ASS U ME, don't you!?!?!? 🙂
jessicas@cigarbid
19 years ago
Well said Trish. Jet, thanks for sharing, this is a beautiful picture.
Gene363
19 years ago
First the post, then the reaction, then a reaction to the reaction, then some explanations and finally, a little better understanding, all ok right… nooooo, Trish jumps in and expects us to pay attention and read things before reacting, what is that all about? {BSEG}

Being a police officer is a tough job, they have a lot of trouble trusting or talking to anyone out side of their own.

Is he thinking he should return to church? When I look at the picture I see a guy trying to talk himself out of shoot a child toucher priest, getting himself back in order after looking at a horrific crime scene, or deciding if he should break up his ex wife’s wedding.

Oddboggle
19 years ago
Personally, I think it's a great pic.
It suggests a story. Everybody brings their own meaning to it.
I never got the impression that it was a pic the cop took of himself; rather, an expression of what he may be experiencing. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

Oddboggle
Slowburning
19 years ago
It is not necessary negativity.

This is an open forum. When you post here, you will hear different opinions. Weather you like them or not.

I see a glass half full, you see it half empty. Nothing wrong with that. I can't change your view/mind, neither will you.

Don't jump on each other because they said something you don't want to hear.
victor808
19 years ago
I for one do not like overly sentimental junk.

But, I also have the self-restraint to keep my big mouth shut when other people want to post that sort of stuff. Hooya, DrafterX, this site has had innumerable picture posts of a similar nature regarding military men. To the best of my knowledge, people either felt the need to post something reaffirming on those threads, or they were smart enough to keep their traps shut. Would you support someone who chose to point out that those are pretty much either propaganda, over-compensating bravado, or suggest that those damn troops should get back to work?

Hell, is "it's an open forum, so suck it up" an acceptable response when someone's upset you just pointed out their kid's ugly?
Users browsing this topic