burgess_b
19 years ago
scientists write reports on their experimental findings. one important section in the report is a POSSIBLE ERRORS section: which basically states some possibly false assumed facts.

here are some examples (some already stated):
The subject TOOK the photo.
The subject is a real police officer.
This is a photo of Jet's friend.
The subject is ON-Duty (this one is laughable).
The subject wants cigars.
The subject is a BOTL.

there are so many more invalid assumptions being made here. all we know is Jet has an artistic police friend who is struggling.

i have a theory. the friend is behind the camera, and this is his buddy (possibly his partner) who he is directing to pose. His problem may have NOTHING to do with the church or even God (if he even believes). he says, "hey john, we are both off on Wednesday. Can you meet me at the church on the corner of 2nd and Maple in your uniform at 7pmish...i have a GREAT idea for a photo." "only if you buy me dinner." "you got it!" in which case this photo is merely representative, and we are all talking about nothing instead of enjoying the ART, which was the point.

i love museums. the do nto allow cigar smoking, though it would seem some here would never be caught dead in a museum.

ALL THAT, but i have to say one more thing. God bless America. an A$$HOLE can feel free to be an A$$! we can jump down their throats, but they had an opinion, and however unwisely, they expressed it. it was their God-given right...so i say we cut them some slack, ignore them, and hope they learn that SCIENCE RULES and they are full of errors!
The subject wanted his photo posted pn Cbid.
MiamiJosh
19 years ago
Speaking as a cop with almost 10 years of experience.

I like the pic. I've had plenty of days that I felt like sitting on the floor with my head in my hands (or have actually done it). I'm sure most cops
have those days, as do most people. I like it, I'm sure I would regardless of what my profession was because it's simply, a great photo!

I think hooyah1 either enjoys rattling cages, is using an alias just to be "funny" or because of his strong "opinions" is used to picking fights when there isn't one, including with his (obviously) equally opinionated wife. Either way, ignore them and they always go away.

jet, I hope you keep posting pics.

jetblasted
19 years ago
Thanks . . .
hooyah1
19 years ago
burgess_b

I'm not sure where you are from but where I'm at cops are often found talking to the cashiers at the local gas station or sitting under the bridge in their squad car doing god knows what. No offense to cops but around here they tend to do a whole lot of nothing so for me to say he's on duty makes 100% sense to me and probably a whole lot of others.

Like I said before this is a public forum and I expressed my opinion about this picture. I've never said anything about any of the millions of other pictures Jet posts. This one if my assumptions are correct is down right pathetic, but that's the great thing about living in the U.S.A. it's ok to be pathetic.
MiamiJosh
19 years ago
hooyah1,

If the cops have nothing better to do than talk to a cashier or hang out under a bridge then be glad you live in that safe of a place.
hooyah1
19 years ago
Yeah I guess, but it gets really old when evertime you go in to pay for your gas you got some cop wearing his BDU's talking to the 16 yr old cashier. I think that is the problem - around here we've had them get busted for having the young girls in the squad car. Heck we just had one blow his head off for knocking up a 14 yr old girl. That was the best thing that could have happened to that guy.
DrafterX
19 years ago
4. Author: jetblasted Reply
hooyah,

I didn't ask you ...

I could care less for your cold-hearted advice . . .



This is what I didn't like. This is why I spoke up. I've seen Jet bitch before on others posts. If you're going to dish it out you better be prepared to get some back. Hooyah1 never insulted Jet.
SO fill us in Jet. What is the true story here? Did he take this picture himself or have someone take it? Or was it a random snapshot?

bullwinkle
19 years ago
Not sure how I feel about this one...How about some background Jet? Link to the original forum?



drew
cbc812
19 years ago
I would humbly suggest that perhaps taking this picture IS a method of coping for this guy. Nobody but Jet knows anything about him and very little about the picture itself. I personally think that it is a very powerful image regardless of the story behind it.
wtjvj
19 years ago
The story is in the picture, take it for what it is.

Ten of us look at it, ten of us have different oppinions, thats what makes it a good pic.

WT.
jetblasted
19 years ago
^ nuff said . . . ^
315press
19 years ago
very artistic picture

sorry to hear about your friend
DrafterX
19 years ago
31. Author: jetblasted
Reply
^ nuff said . . . ^

Too easy. Answer the questions or apologize to Hooyah1...

Big John
19 years ago
Hooya
I can read your comments about the photo and not be moved to post, but please don't get off on an "Anti-Cop" tangent. Your comments regarding some of you local officers and there conduct do not belong on this thread or forum for that matter.
hooyah1
19 years ago
Big John -
I'm not sure where you have been, but 3/4 of the crap posted here doesn't belong here. Take for instance all the oinks on this site. What do they have to do with this site?
Big John
19 years ago
Hooyah
Rarely do any of the "oink" posts make statements that could be construed as damaging generalizations aimed at a specific profession.
hooyah1
19 years ago
I guess you are right they are only loaded with statements that degrade a particular sex over and over and over again. I guess that isn't as bad as saying some cops are worthless. I bet if we took a poll more people would agree with me then you might want to think.
Big John
19 years ago
Hooya
Agreed. So if you can find light hearted off color statements inappropriate, how can you feel comfortable making disparaging remarks about the police?
jackconrad
16 years ago
Voodoo Doc
16 years ago
Right or wrong, good or bad, whether you realize it or not, the photo stirred some feelings in a few folks, which is one of the things the board is for, I think. Thanks, Jet.

If your life/job/situation causes you so much of a problem, the first thing you need to do is CHANGE SOMETHING.
Users browsing this topic