banderl
  • banderl
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
13 years ago


Tucker in play for Bears defensive coordinator post

One candidate to replace Rod Marinelli as Chicago Bears defensive coordinator is former Jaguars and Browns defensive leader Mel Tucker, according to a league source.

Tucker, 41, has experience running a 4-3 as well as a 3-4. Among his influences have been Nick Saban, Romeo Crennel and Jack Del Rio. He is expected to be in demand by multiple teams.

He has been considered a head coaching candidate and has interviewed for head coaching positions. Tucker served as the Jaguars’ interim head coach at the end of the 2011 season, going 2-3 after Del Rio was fired.

The position of defensive coordinator is more important on the Bears staff than it had been because Marc Trestman is an offensive minded head coach. In the past, head coach Lovie Smith kept a close eye on the defense. Now, the defensive coordinator is likely to operate with much autonomy.

Tucker was a runner-up for the Wisconsin head coaching job that went to Gary Andersen. He played defensive back at the school in the early '90s.
The Bears are expected to retain Mike Phair as their defensive line coach, according to a source.

I'll send him a fiver if he gets the job.
Zmarkadonis
13 years ago
Wow! thats cool! Congrats T!
harleyd31
13 years ago
=d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d>

Go Tuck!! Hope it works out for you!!!!
whizzy1
13 years ago
ummm.........
Campage
13 years ago
I thought T33bone got a promotion at the station for a minute.
edin508
13 years ago

I thought T33bone got a promotion at the station for a minute.

Campage wrote:


Chief bomb technician.
opelmanta1900
13 years ago



I'll send him a fiver if he gets the job.

banderl wrote:




I think we should all send him a 5er if he gets it...
crgcpro
13 years ago
Tbone's been Moonlighting!
Campage
13 years ago
Who do we send it to?
harleyd31
13 years ago
Send them all to me - I am Tucks new water boy and official holder of his cigars. I will make sure he gets them......
Numismaniac
13 years ago
hehe=d> =d>
Numismaniac
13 years ago
avatar appropriate here, brother, you too funny
banderl
  • banderl
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
13 years ago
He got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bomb Tuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikey1597
13 years ago
You guys serious?
jnichols
13 years ago
Sumbiotch will be to uppity to hang round here no more nice knowing ya tuck!
King
13 years ago
Mel Tucker really got the Job!

But is the seriously the Same Mel tuck!?!

I have a feeling it's his son or something like that I know there's a Mel tuck Sr...

Idk I really have no clue...

But congrats either way that's a huge accomplishment...
mikey1597
13 years ago
I don't think so..... you ever met him? You'd know him anywhere!
King
13 years ago
Nope haven't had the pleasure...

So is this him or what? I'm ready to start bombing? LOL!
jnichols
13 years ago
Haven't had the pleasure yet but one day hopefully! I did bomb his ass once!

Paybacks are a biotch
jnichols
13 years ago

I don't think so..... you ever met him? You'd know him anywhere!

mikey1597 wrote:


Wasn't that Erv?
Dunno wasn't there!
Users browsing this topic