engletl
13 years ago

Hey, have the dates been set?



[sarcasm]

gimbel wrote:


et tu gimbel????

](*,) 😣 😣 😣 😣 😣 😣 😣 😣
mikey1597
13 years ago
And now for the hearing impaired....................................................


LOOK AT THE FIRST POST!
engletl
13 years ago

And now for the hearing impaired....................................................


LOOK AT THE FIRST POST!

mikey1597 wrote:


What????
gimbel
13 years ago
Bring ammo, I'll bring guns.
.40
357 Sig
.22LR
.41 Rem Mag
5.56x45 NATO
6.5 Grendel

If you've got the room I've got the reach.
engletl
13 years ago

As an up front statement...The fine BOTL really helped FGM and blu be more relaxed at the 8th Annual. So be ready to chip in again

The Herf Host Hit for the 9th Annual Fishin Herf is going to be Dart Dorman, our all weekend musical entertainment. FGM will post ideas in the near future as to prefered drinks, picks, guitar strings, musical tastes and other gift ideas.

If you have any allergies, please let bluwater know( so we can make sure to get you a double dose of whatever it is you are allergic to... )

And don't forget to be prepared to fill the Tip Jar...TJ said it best a while back, consider what you would pay to eat out like Southern Royalty for 3 days and Tip accordingly to help defray food costs. I know from past experience that produce alone usually runs between $75 and $150 depending on the overall menu. But the Chef brings everything else normally and that adds up fast.

Some of the tasks that will need to be performed to ease the burdens

Sous Chefs for each meal
Loaders/unloaders of the heavy stuff into/out of vehicles
The fishin monitors...transporting people and equipment to and from the lake. (Mattie's in charge)
The shooting monitors are pretty much taken care of but we still need transportation and cleanup
trash picker uppers
trash hauling to the dump up the road
"stealing" beer from TJ's cooler
washing dishes as needed (load and run dish washing machine)
being mandoman's "beotch" and make sure he has his "finger" of Scotch
vehicle washers (this task is for first timers, and they must wash the herf host and da chefs' vehicles) Gotta be a bit of "hazing" goin on friggen noods slipped on this at the 8th
cigar smokers
cabin clean-up duties like sweeping the floor and wiping down the counters, etc
guitar players
tour guides
catch of the day cleaners (bass and bream)
I am sure there are some tasks that I am forgetting


items to bring also that would be of use by all.

Paper towels
toilet paper
trash bags
ice
drink mixers
Paper Plates
Plastic utinsels
Red Solo Cups
Boiled peanuts (for the host of course )

other items needed

Cigars (there is a "community" table set up every year, bring some of your favs to share)
Booze
Beer
towel if you plan on washing the funk off
A chair to sit on

on a side note, if you are looking to shoot but aren't bringing a gun, bring a box of ammo

22 LR
357 Sig
9mm
40 S&W
12 Ga
410 shotshell
41 Rem Mag
45 ACP
223/5.56
6.5 Grendel
7.62x39
308


And most of all...be ready to have a good time

Todd

engletl wrote:


engletl
13 years ago

Bring ammo, I'll bring guns.
.40
357 Sig
.22LR
.41 Rem Mag
5.56x45 NATO
6.5 Grendel

If you've got the room I've got the reach.

gimbel wrote:


I am going to have to find a box of the 6.5...I am curous how bad a shot I am with that caliber as conpared to how off I am with 308 😣
ringsize
13 years ago
It's not you Todd .308 is very rifle specific, or it goes all over the place.
sd72
13 years ago
Not at 30 feet!!!!!!
USM_Eagle
13 years ago
I think I will be able to get up there this year. I do not think I will be at a conference.
gimbel
13 years ago
My 6.5 has a 6-24x50 Vortex Viper PST sitting on top of it. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to hit it if you can see it.
engletl
13 years ago

Not at 30 feet!!!!!!

sd72 wrote:


That was 25 yards thank you very much
engletl
13 years ago

My 6.5 has a 6-24x50 Vortex Viper PST sitting on top of it. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to hit it if you can see it.

gimbel wrote:



not sure that is much help to me. yet I always hit what I am shooting at...just isn't necessarily what i am aiming at
engletl
13 years ago
1. FGM (his bedroom)
2. Dart Dorman
3. bluwater (upstairs bedroom)
4. Big_Bear (upstairs far bed)
5. Mattie B (tent)
6. Da General (downstairs blue couch)
7. z6joker9
8. stingray
9. Nancy lancaster6802
10. sd72
11. kombat96
12. harleyd31
13. tjstealmybeerplease2001cobra
14. mikey1597
15. hill5673
16. gae9jang2j
17. TIGERCDW
18. rfenst
19. hambone71
20. ervsuperb (downstairs smaller couch)
21. mandoman
22. mandobro
23. Mark (mandoman's friend)
24. propadope61 (1st bed but can make room for someone who may really needs it and put up a cot up there)
25. nnightmar
26. blakedeshotel1
27. tbozz
28. crgcpro
29. whtwtrman79
30. gimbel
31. USM_Eagle


Possibles

1. 8trackdisco
2. dubleuhb
3. mewolf???
4.
5.
engletl
13 years ago

It's not you Todd .308 is very rifle specific, or it goes all over the place.

ringsize wrote:


well for me it went all over the place and for propadope it was pinpoint accurate...

hmmm - you think he switched ammo when I wasn't looking? 🤔
engletl
13 years ago
As an up front statement...The fine BOTL really helped FGM and blu be more relaxed at the 8th Annual. So be ready to chip in again

The Herf Host Hit for the 9th Annual Fishin Herf is going to be Dart Dorman, our all weekend musical entertainment. FGM will post ideas in the near future as to prefered drinks, picks, guitar strings, musical tastes and other gift ideas.

If you have any allergies, please let bluwater know( so we can make sure to get you a double dose of whatever it is you are allergic to... )

And don't forget to be prepared to fill the Tip Jar...TJ said it best a while back, consider what you would pay to eat out like Southern Royalty for 3 days and Tip accordingly to help defray food costs. I know from past experience that produce alone usually runs between $75 and $150 depending on the overall menu. But the Chef brings everything else normally and that adds up fast.

Some of the tasks that will need to be performed to ease the burdens

Sous Chefs for each meal
Loaders/unloaders of the heavy stuff into/out of vehicles
The fishin monitors...transporting people and equipment to and from the lake. (Mattie's in charge)
The shooting monitors are pretty much taken care of but we still need transportation and cleanup
trash picker uppers
trash hauling to the dump up the road
"stealing" beer from TJ's cooler
washing dishes as needed (load and run dish washing machine)
being mandoman's "beotch" and make sure he has his "finger" of Scotch
vehicle washers (this task is for first timers, and they must wash the herf host and da chefs' vehicles) Gotta be a bit of "hazing" goin on friggen noods slipped on this at the 8th
cigar smokers
cabin clean-up duties like sweeping the floor and wiping down the counters, etc
guitar players
tour guides
catch of the day cleaners (bass and bream)
I am sure there are some tasks that I am forgetting


items to bring also that would be of use by all.

Paper towels
toilet paper
trash bags
ice
drink mixers
Paper Plates
Plastic utinsels
Red Solo Cups
Boiled peanuts (for the host of course )

other items needed

Cigars (there is a "community" table set up every year, bring some of your favs to share)
Booze
Beer
towel if you plan on washing the funk off
A chair to sit on

on a side note, if you are looking to shoot but aren't bringing a gun, bring a box of ammo

22 LR
357 Sig
9mm
40 S&W
12 Ga
410 shotshell
41 Rem Mag
45 ACP
223/5.56
6.5 Grendel
7.62x39
308


And most of all...be ready to have a good time

Todd
DrafterX
13 years ago
Blu..!! 🤣
bluwater1959
13 years ago

Blu..!! 🤣

DrafterX wrote:



Got some and tried them.... sound like a real round going off, but with absolutly no recoil at all.....

Blu
Mandobro
13 years ago
I'm in. I volunteer for the beer stealing.
Propadope61
13 years ago

It's not you Todd .308 is very rifle specific, or it goes all over the place.

ringsize wrote:


I think I have proven that it don't matter what gun is in my hands. I trained at 1000 yds with open sites over 40 years ago. If I can see you, your in trouble. Its all in fun and I am happy to instruct any one that wants to learn.
Users browsing this topic